Service On Koh Chang

richard_smith237

I guess Koh Chang is typical of any area of Thailand with it quality of service ranging from poor to excellent.

We were in Paddy Irish bar at White Sands - I have to say that Bangkok sorely misses a pub of this quality. The service was excellent, the beer and food well priced, lots of TV's. A great experience.

The polar opposite of Paddys was experience we had in the south of the Island in Bang Bao - A restaurant which claims to have good views of the Buddha. After an hour of waiting and very hungry we were ready to walk out. The Western owners were highly defensive when I asked if they had started cooking yet as we had waited over an hour for our food and were ready to just pay our drinks bill and walk. A very poor experience and we will never return (nothing wrong with the food by the way).

Again the Polar Opposite at a Thai restaurant last night - the first of our dishes came within 5 mins of ordering. Excellent service.

10am Breakfast today at a restaurant nearby which advertises breakfast - Sorry, Chef is not awake !!!!

So, while I try to remain positive some of these places are simply so very very rubbish I am at a loss as to how some of these places can stay in business...

The worst place experiences so far is owned run by Westerners...

In Short, on Koh Chang, choose well where you eat.....

Plenty of good places to eat on Koh Chang, but also some duff ones. Paddy's service goes from good to bloody awful, it really depends on who is working in there, but I do like their roast dinner. As for the place in Bang Bao, yes it has been having a few problems of recent with service. Runag Thai is probably the best place on the pier, although Barracuda is also good value. Saffron by the sea is a nice spot in Had Kai Mook to have food. There are as always, good and bad.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Paddys Palms is decent, I usually stay just opposite there and they tend to have draft Singha at 100 baht a pint until 7pm or something, which is a great deal. Always had decent service and pretty sure the cashier has been there years, not sure if she is someone's missus but they seem to know what they're doing.

Had a few hungover breakfasts in there in the past coffee1.gif