What To Wear In The Los To Avoid Looking Like A Reprobate?

HalfSquat

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way I'm wearing jeans or trousers by choice in this heat,

This is a misconception. The trousers and a long sleeved shirt (lightweight jacket) will actually protect you from the heat from the sun.

I have to disagree.

When I wear long trousers or jeans I am definately hotter and sweat more.

Have you tried shorts.

• Like 1

This is a misconception. The trousers and a long sleeved shirt (lightweight jacket) will actually protect you from the heat from the sun.

I have to disagree.

Have you tried shorts.

theres a difernce between protection from sunburn and heat

two completey differnt things

clothing? hey sounds like you just found someone for your extravagant nights Nocturn ! biggrin.png

....."Nocturn" ??? hurry up i can hear the Pajero speeding awayclap2.gif

the never was a pajero mate, and a fortuner would have been too obvious

I don't know why people worry so much about the temperature here... shouldn't affect you much unless you work as a gardener or are homeless.

some people venture outdoors biggrin.png

Good point - I also do this but if I am going far (during the daytime) I take a cab - everywhere in BKK has air-con so unless you have a job that forces you to be outside all-day (e.g. gardener or professional cricketer) you don't need to get all hot and bothered - if you really enjoy strolling along Thailand's pristine pavements you can do so in the evening when the warm climate is quite a treat

I don't know why people worry so much about the temperature here... shouldn't affect you much unless you work as a gardener or are homeless.

cheesy.gif

Sometime i am wondering if some of the "entities" posting on this forum, are real human beings or just computer programmed to write inane stuff, after this, if i will ever cross on the foothpath a moving pc with a fan on his back, i know which one of the posters it is! laugh.png

Even I find that funny

appropriate attire is easy...just don't go out much and sit at home in yer underwear...I'll put on a pair of the cheap country clown shorts and whatever comes to hand for a vest to wander out to the market...when I assume my 'decrepid old man' demeanor I can get away with most anything...

and when I come to the market I get the usual thb300 worth of vegetables and there are nice ladies always willing to assist...but then I get to the little chinese vodka vendor and his twinkle sez: 'don't think that yer foolin' me, Mr tutsi...but go ahead and stare at my shop assistant's splendid tits all you like as we aim to please...'

swine...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

+1 thumbsup.gif

+2. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Trousers really don't affect how hot I feel. It's the upper body garment that makes the difference. I like those loose cotton collarless shirts they sell all over for 150 baht or so. T-shirts feel WAY hotter to me, and polo shirts are just nasty. But I might also wear a cotton short sleeve collar shirt. Or a blue Thai Farmer's shirt, those are actually remarkably practical, and I like the look when they're well washed/worn and sun-bleached.

I have to disagree.

Have you tried shorts.

Yes I have, 45 years ago though.

I have to disagree.

Have you tried shorts.

theres a difernce between protection from sunburn and heat

two completey differnt things

I agree. I am not interested in protection from sunburn as I live in Bangkok.

your asking other people what you should wear.

I believe you should be yourself, don't judge people by how they dress, they may just be a highly educated even wealthy person who is comfortable wearing that.

Is mainly the borderline rich who try to act a certain way, dress a certain way to impress others who really don't care anyway, do what you wish, if others don't like it who cares they don't pay your rent.

The most sensible post in the whole thread.

Are you so conformist that you can't make your own judgment what to wear, OP?

I would never give advice to someone else on this subject; just look around you, imitate (if you must) the people you think are appropriately dressed, and don't imitate those who 'look like reprobates'.

You are in luck because fashion has recently looked into post WW2 attires and the look that goes with experiencing newly opened sea side European resorts.....

Shorts are revisited and getting a touch of class (basically they look like proper classic trousers that have been cut off)

I quote H&M : "The dressier chino style shorts creates a sporty and preppy style this spring"

So you stay cool without looking like Homer Simpson

http://www.hm.com/gb/subdepartment/MEN?Nr=210138#Nr=4294952130

Other styles must-have include:

- a hat; (100 bht at Chatuchat) since Johnny Depp everyone has to wear a Fedora, even if you choose the smaller version

- a plaited leather belt (50bht)

- a tight fitted shirt

You are in luck because fashion has recently looked into post WW2 attires and the look that goes with experiencing newly opened sea side European resorts.....

Shorts are revisited and getting a touch of class (basically they look like proper classic trousers that have been cut off)

I quote H&M : "The dressier chino style shorts creates a sporty and preppy style this spring"

http://www.hm.com/gb...8#Nr=4294952130

- a hat; (100 bht at Chatuchat) since Johnny Depp everyone has to wear a Fedora, even if you choose the smaller version

- a tight fitted shirt

Why does the shirt have to be tight fitted ? it screams homo inside trying to get out ...:)

just look at the royal thai police for example

- a tight fitted shirt

Why does the shirt have to be tight fitted ? it screams homo inside trying to get out ...:)

:D

Edited by maxme

Polo shirts and loose fitting jeans in the city. Polo shirts and decent shorts in Hua Hin, Pattaya etc.

I've never felt comfortable in teeshirts. I like the protection the collar on a polo shirt gives my neck.

NEVER ever ever wear vests or sleveless tops. Truly awful things.

Polo shirts are a good option but they usually tend to be quite thick. I'd like some made out of thin cotton like a regular t-shirt.

I might have to resort to golf shirts.

I went for 30 minute stroll down the canal yesterday afternoon and my arms got frazzled - and no, that is NOT a double entendre...

That is amazing. How far out of BKK were you? I've never gone more than a shade above magnolia when in the city. At the beach is another story entirely though. Edited by HalfSquat

- a tight fitted shirt

Why does the shirt have to be tight fitted ? it screams homo inside trying to get out ...smile.png

Homo trend is what hetero will wear next

Always have been

• Like 1

I quit wearing levis and t-shirts a long time ago as they are probably the most uncomfortable clothing for hot weather...plus, Stanley Kowalski I ain't...

when at work at site I'll wear a polo shirt and loose cut chinos preferably ordered from LL Bean as they fit the best, are cheap (all cotton fiber) and good quality...and a good moccasin boat shoe when safety footwear is not required (no socks)...

but does a neat, casual appearance please the bosses? nooo...'your lead mechanical engineer appearance is unprofessional, Mr tutsi (this usually from central european types that wear dress shirts and ties and shiny footwear at site in the mud and the filth...)...'...tutsi: 'yer mother is unprofessionally attired too, ye POS...'...and then the bosses look grim and I then know what comes next regardless of my superior technical ability...

how many times oh lawd...how many times...