Buying A Police Seized Motorcycle At Auction In Pattaya

EyesWideOpen

I am looking for a bit of advice here in Pattaya. I would like to buy a motorcycle that has been seized by the police. Is there someone to contact, or is there a regular auction that occurs. I cannot seem to find any information. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance !! :-)

There is time limit for an owner to claim and pay storage fees in more than one compound then bikes are indeed auctioned.

It varies but I am told that time limit is 6 months although I do not know how to establish when the auctions take place.

Don't be be so pessimistic you guyz. Of course when sold at an auction these bikes will be sold with the ownership papers in order

correct, for all bikes which are sold at any auction, you will get the books after 2-3 weeks.

If the book is not available (for whatever reason), the auctioneer will announce it, before you bid.

Furthermore they will write it in big letters (Thai) on the bike...

How ridiculous.. of course the bikes are sold again... why would the BIB miss out on another opportunity to seize the same bike, get the fine money and/or resell the bike again...

Where are they sold again?..as you are so sure you must know where?