Tile Bits

lopburi3

When I made frequent trips back to US always returned with one or two of these (often diamond tip) as have never seen for sale here in Thailand in normal hardware stores (they seem to prefer using the cheep masonry bits even if almost impossible to be exact or keep from melting. I ran through 4 bits on one shelf several weeks ago. But last week was able to find (only one on display) a small carbide tip at HomePro and at about 200 baht it is the best investment you can make. Previously I often broke as continued past the tile as they drill so easy but this time continued the back with a normal masonry bit and have for next time. They really are worth the price.

Glass-Tile-Drill-Bit-TWD00023-.jpg

No I have never seen diamond tip tile drill cutters for sale here in Thailand, there are but they swap them for small carbide tips before they sell em. biggrin.png

Seriously a good call, I've got cracked tiles where drilling has been done.

Edited by Kwasaki

These are drill bits for making holes, not a scriber, for the normal wife directed replacements of shelves and such that requires a hole in the right place and the difference in using the right bit is huge. Most Thai just use this soft masonry bit.

prod_masonry-bit-zinc.jpg

Yeap, those bits shown in lopburi's post work good...I have been using them for years to drill tile like when hanging new fixtures in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. I use them with my cordless drill. The bits also work good on concrete but I reserve them for tile since they are a little pricey...but well worth it to drill a clean, non-chipping hole in tile. They don't last long if you have to drill a lot of holes but they definitely drill a clean, non chipping hole. I buy them at HomePro.

Well, the things you never knew you needed. I've added diamond tip tile drill cutters to my shopping list for my next USA trip, whenever that may be. Thanks!