Cheap Version Of Win 7 In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

Get the "OEM" version. If you negotiate with purchasing something, it will be a fair amount cheaper than the full boat retail.

Don't use the "clone", I've seen the same keylogger in 2 copies.

Buying a counterfeit copy is stealing. It's the same as someone taking your computer and keeping it till it breaks down. Buy the real thing - don't be a thief.

Not to mention it may contain malware and may become invalid after a few months!

Buying a counterfeit copy is stealing. It's the same as someone taking your computer and keeping it till it breaks down. Buy the real thing - don't be a thief.

+1

Buying pirate operating systems is like buying a new car and then fitting a dodgy engine. But we all find ourselves doing something similar with counterfeits in one form another at a weak moment, so I hate to be preachy.giggle.gif

It might be worth asking about a multi-user license if like me you have Thai family who have previously bought pirate software that has now gone curled up at the edges, as such software inevitably does. I notice now that MS Office installation disc that the Lenovo reseller installed from me says it is fit for three installations so I assume (but dont know for sure) that windows is the same? Perhaps I should go back and ask whether and how I can use it for two other installations - the complication being that I bought English and they would want Thai.

I'm not sure whether you can buy the pucker package at a discount anywhere. When I was buying a new Lenovo (X220) at Phantip (BKK, Pratunam) 3 weeks ago most of the vendors had a standard MS promotion flyer pinned up on display. From memory Windows 7 Pro was about 4,300 and there were two other lite versions cheaper than that; the Lenovo reseller on the 3rd floor would discount the sticker price on the machine, but not the software. As one poster has already pointed out - if you want to find out the best deal go and probe the resellers of your machine (and in the IT City at the very top) at Phantip, using your best negotiating skills; that's the only way to find out as deals change fast and all anyone here can tell you is past history.

Edited by SantiSuk

...........yes, Microsoft, that friendly 'mom n pop' store on the corner of the cobblestoned road.