Any Recommendation For Nice Ambience Coffee Shop?

windyless

Suggest you take a walk down Nimmanhaemin Road and the soi's off of it. Tons of them there. Stand just about anywhere on Nimmanhaemin, throw a stone in any direction and chances are it will land on a coffee shop/bakery shop!

If you are REALLY bored, try to go on the web and find a description of Nimmanhaemin Road that does NOT contain the words "hip", or "happening", or "trendy". laugh.png It's funny to see so many of the web "tourist" guides that seem to simply copy and wordsmith each other's descriptions.

A highlight of Chiang Mai is countless coffee shops with tasteful ambiance to fit what your looking for, with everything you could desire but sadly not often enough a good cup of coffee. Was impressed recently with the highly talked about Akha Ama coffee.

From the nice highway side favorites, the downright hidden espresso bars tucked away in old city soi's, to popular coffee houses on the busy routes. One of my favorites is a treat, nicely designed with high end touches, and for years now I'm the only customer when I visit.

What area are you looking for recommendations in?

A highlight of Chiang Mai is countless coffee shops with tasteful ambiance to fit what your looking for, with everything you could desire but sadly not often enough a good cup of coffee.

Too true. I don't think many really care about the coffee as long as the air con works and the wifi is fast..........and free. Then they can take up the whole of one of those dinky tables for the afternoon and wonder why it's gone out of business the next time they look.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I am embarrassed to admit it. When nearby (at a mall or shopping center, if one's there), I go into Black Canyon Coffee. For one thing, air-con. For another (if I'm lucky), a comfy armchair. For a third, one can converse (all I've visited, 5 or 6, are quiet) or read a paper 'till one's heart's content. If one wishes to meet western tourists, the one just W. of Thaphae Gate is a place to go, though most diners or beverage drinkers by far are Thai, overall. I've never had bad service; I think staff are required to watch customers in case a gesture is made (depends upon manager).

I'm not going to mention the coffee simply because tastes vary so much, except to say that it is not instant or cheap. (In fact, the coffees cost at least half again what they might charge and still make a profit - though their rents must be high.) There must be dozens of incarnations of coffee, however.

Edited by CMX

Posters seem to ask many questions they could find out for themselves, or ask the same questions over and over and over instead of researching themselves. If bored, get out and find a place you like. It might take a few minutes, but coffee places everywhere! It's not the coffee shop you find, it's the journey.!

Try Love at first Bite, nice garden area, good coffee and lovely pastries.

You could also take a trip out to the coffee shop at the Mandarin Oriental and sit in their extended seating area. Great cakes as well, not cheap but delicious.

Had a iced mocha at one of my local favs, Mata coffee (Google street view link) this afternoon. Air con was working perfectly and I had the place, and the couch, to myself as is common. So it was pretty boring, but I was by myself - the single employee on hand left, like walked out and drove away on a motorbike, me alone in the shop for over 15 mins after serving me. rolleyes.gif

These posts are pointless without giving away the price.

Why do people not to that?

If it costs more than 30-40bht for a cold Morcha or Latte, then it isn't worth it.

Loads of places around at that price, most serving locally grown beans, some from their own farms.

All with wi-fi and air-con.

These posts are pointless without giving away the price.

Why do people not to that?

If it costs more than 30-40bht for a cold Morcha or Latte, then it isn't worth it.

Loads of places around at that price, most serving locally grown beans, some from their own farms.

All with wi-fi and air-con.

Real coffee enthusiasts generally don't drink iced coffee flavored drinks. For that you could use any beans. Who could tell the difference? The shops in C.M. that offer a really good cup of coffee are far and few between. I only mentioned Fern Cafe because the ambiance is nice and it's nice place to sit for a while and have a coffee and read in the garden. They also have a great selection of bakery products which I assume are baked there. It is inside the grounds of a local doctor's home. The coffee is just O.K. Outside, obviously no A/C.