Good Tailor In Cm

Konini

Go to Europe. Thai Tailors suck. Unless you have a suit that they will copy, you will most likely be disapointed. Everytime I walk past a tailor shop and they have pictures displaying what other customers have bought, I wonder why would they advertise something that looks awful. You can easily spot people who have things tailored made here. Seems are not done right, loose threads.

You might find the one tailor that doesn't screw up or over charge but it is rare. Unless he will be here for refits and you have someone that can explain exactly what you want, you might not get what you want.

Good luck.

Hubby bought a suit from Frank and Fashion King in the Night Bazaar and is really happy with it.

One thing we really liked was that Frank talked with Hubby first to see where he would be wearing the suit and for what kind of functions. Once he learned we never leave Thailand and the suit would be worn at functions with middle-aged and older Thai professionals or western-style Thai weddings (and just a few times a year) he made a recommendation that he said was totally different than if we had said Hubby was going to wear it every week in London.

We were a bit surprised to see it -- the quality of construction was obviously superb, but the fit and style was totally different than anything Hubby would have bought in the U.S. Hubby proclaimed it very comfortable, especially for Thailand's heat, but had concerns about the style. In the end, we went with Frank's recommendation and Hubby has received many compliments from his Thai friends.

Part of what you want from a good tailor or dressmaker are recommendations -- fabrics, fit, fashion that could work for you, but you just don't know that because you don't think about clothing every day the way they do.

We're very happy to have made the investment in a suit from Fashion King.

Thank you for all the helpful replies. My initial reaction was to try and discourage him from getting anything made here as I doubted the quality would be up to scratch, but I might just be sneaky and use him as a guinea pig. Now all I have to do is organise the tigers and orchids and elephants and Doi Sutep. Again.

Stay away from the local tiger place. I've heard the tigers are drugged, so all the visitor is doing is getting their photo taken with a piece of unconcious meat. Still, they manage to have incidents at least one a year where a visitor is scratched by a tiger.

I noticed you didn't include Flight of the Gibbons or their new CM city tours on segway. That sounds like way more fun for visitors!

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Hubby bought a suit from Frank and Fashion King in the Night Bazaar and is really happy with it.

One thing we really liked was that Frank talked with Hubby first to see where he would be wearing the suit and for what kind of functions. Once he learned we never leave Thailand and the suit would be worn at functions with middle-aged and older Thai professionals or western-style Thai weddings (and just a few times a year) he made a recommendation that he said was totally different than if we had said Hubby was going to wear it every week in London.

We were a bit surprised to see it -- the quality of construction was obviously superb, but the fit and style was totally different than anything Hubby would have bought in the U.S. Hubby proclaimed it very comfortable, especially for Thailand's heat, but had concerns about the style. In the end, we went with Frank's recommendation and Hubby has received many compliments from his Thai friends.

Part of what you want from a good tailor or dressmaker are recommendations -- fabrics, fit, fashion that could work for you, but you just don't know that because you don't think about clothing every day the way they do.

+1

A bit more expensive then the others but they're worth it.

• 2 months later...

NancyL

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a weddding to attend in Europe in August and Fashion King tailored my suit and shirt - superbly! The price was great and he also contributed a very fasionable tie. pocket-hanky and cufflinks!

Although I do not wear the type of garment in Thailand - if the need arose, for sure I would return!

Gladiator