Insulting Stunt Doesn't Help With Reconciliation: Thai Opinion

webfact

Please do not snip and annotate my post as inaccurate without providing proof to back it up.

Funny,but I am still waiting for your well informed proof that the Constitution Referendum was unconstitutional and undemocratic.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed this video to my partner, she did not find it offensive

so my village did not find him disgusting as others might, they just found it a good laugh.

So now it's gone from your partner to your village. Just how many people did you show this video to?

Is this something you commonly do?

Aha, Bochholz on the inquisitorial warpath againlaugh.png When the mood takes me yes, as one of only two people with internet access.

thanks, anterior, but I was just curious as to the incongruity with the ever-widening scope of your anecdotal posts.

sorry if my simple query on this was somehow misinstepreted as something so dramatic as an inquisitorial warpath.

drama_queen.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

I don't think you'll be able to find that quote anywhere, certainly not in the other paper which is attributed it.

<additional inaccurate information snipped>

Still struggling with search engines I see. rolleyes.gif

You can easily find the same exact quote on Thaivisa itself when moderator sabaijai posted it here back when linking to the other paper was permissible.

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry2759594

No struggle with search engines, I just prefer my information to come from outside of Thai Visa for obvious reasons. Even when the Bangkok Post was allowed to be linked on this forum as your link shows it only gives part of the article. As I am not a subscriber of the online BP the rest will remain a mystery for me.

Evidence like the above and past discussions would indicate that you do have some difficulties executing searches, but don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

As for Thaivisa itself, why don't you trust the Bangkok Post news articles that were posted here before? They're not expressing opinions like a member's post, they are direct quotes from news agencies. Seems strange you wouldn't trust the mods to accurately post the quoted articles to here.

As for the article itself, the portion posted in my post matches exactly with the portion of the long quote posted in the news article posted by sabaijai.

Lastly, if you are so adamant to read the rest of the article, the full text is available on sites other than the paid subscriber section of Bangkok Post.... but then, that requires some basic search engine skills.

The inaccurate information I snipped from your post was that the article appeared in a number of places, including Thaivisa, other than the one that was linked and you went on about it being the source and its lack of credibility. Then the information you went on to post about was from a different article. I tried to save you the embarrassment, but since you asked....

I think he trust the Red media more.whistling.gif

so my village did not find him disgusting as others might, they just found it a good laugh.

So now it's gone from your partner to your village. Just how many people did you show this video to?

I doubt if anyone living in a red village would give a bad review.

Im sure there is, but I think if they do they will feel the "Red wrath"

Too many quote issue again.

Im sure there is, but I think if they do they will feel the "Red wrath"

That was the basis of my post. Spot on.

Too many people stomping on my tail at once, so in answer to all, my wife is not red, she finds politics boring and can't understand why I take an interest. Neither is my village red, it is roughly split three ways, red, yellow and 'don't give a dam_n'. Three people from here attended the PAD rallies, two people attended the red rallies, the rest of the village thought them all equally daft. As to communication, well I speak a little Thai, although they find my accent a source of laughter, plus there are five people here who speak English quite well.

As to me, I support true democracy, which means I lean more to PT than the Dems whilst accepting that true democracy is a pipe dream in Thailand and becoming increasingly so in the West. I feel free to criticise both PT and Dems when I think they are wrong, I tend to support the PT more on TV simply because I get p*ssed off with the virulence of the anti PT posters.

• Like 2

I doubt that he is honest, but I believe that a red village group sitting there with the empty lao khao bottle think it is funny.

Hey I found that it is funny......But more in the way how he can make an idiot out of himself.

He wasn't a good PM, but he is a born natural as clown. And he is the only one that can keep my wives mouth shut for minutes.....

(she looked as her brain performs a kind of reality check, refusing to accept that pictures and sound as real and making a minute long reboot).

• Like 1

Too many people stomping on my tail at once, so in answer to all, my wife is not red, she finds politics boring and can't understand why I take an interest. Neither is my village red, it is roughly split three ways, red, yellow and 'don't give a dam_n'. Three people from here attended the PAD rallies, two people attended the red rallies, the rest of the village thought them all equally daft. As to communication, well I speak a little Thai, although they find my accent a source of laughter, plus there are five people here who speak English quite well.

As to me, I support true democracy, which means I lean more to PT than the Dems whilst accepting that true democracy is a pipe dream in Thailand and becoming increasingly so in the West. I feel free to criticise both PT and Dems when I think they are wrong, I tend to support the PT more on TV simply because I get p*ssed off with the virulence of the anti PT posters.

As to me, I support true democracy, which means I lean more to PT than the Dems

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That guy who told Democracy is just a tool to get power.

That party that cheated EVERY election they attended and got already twice disbanded for it?

That party that spoke about a one party list system, integrating all parties including the Democrats (who did not agree).

That is some sarcastic joke, right?

But they're not so bad if you can ignore the astounding levels of nepotism and criminality. Vote for the nePoTismParty!

And the stench of rotting social decay in their wake.

That party that cheated EVERY election they attended and got already twice disbanded for it?

That party that spoke about a one party list system, integrating all parties including the Democrats (who did not agree).

But they're not so bad if you can ignore the astounding levels of nepotism and criminality. Vote for the nePoTismParty!

yes I just found anterians joke that he lean to PTP because he supports democracy a great joke clap2.gif

Thaksin the champion of democracy.

PTP that want to replace a constitution that passed a public referendum with a constitution that they decide without referendum....

First I thought he really means it, but than I figured out it can be only sarcasm....

Keep it up lads, the more you pour out the vitriol the more I will take an opposite stand just to balance things out. Keep chopping a plant down with coups and it will eventually die and rot, that is the stench you smell, and neither the Dems nor the PT are capable of clearing the air. But then if supposedly educated westerners can't understand this simple fact there is not much hope for most ordinary Thais.

Thais need educating to a new way of thinking and your sarcastic rhetoric is not the way to go about it, you just exacerbate the situation.

Keep it up lads, the more you pour out the vitriol the more I will take an opposite stand just to balance things out. Keep chopping a plant down with coups and it will eventually die and rot, that is the stench you smell, and neither the Dems nor the PT are capable of clearing the air. But then if supposedly educated westerners can't understand this simple fact there is not much hope for most ordinary Thais.

Thais need educating to a new way of thinking and your sarcastic rhetoric is not the way to go about it, you just exacerbate the situation.

Actually, they don't exacerbate the sitauation as very few Thais give a monkey's toss what us foreigners think. However, be that as it may, I do not understand the need of so many posters to get on a soapbox and fire off invective against anyone who shows any sympathy to the red camp. I think wholehearted support of either side of the political divide is misplaced.

• Like 1

yes I just found anterians joke that he lean to PTP because he supports democracy a great joke clap2.gif

PTP that want to replace a constitution that passed a public referendum with a constitution that they decide without referendum....

First I thought he really means it, but than I figured out it can be only sarcasm....

"PTP that want to replace a constitution that passed a public referendum with a constitution that they decide without referendum."

They are planning a referendum.

h90 wrote, "PTP that want to replace a constitution that passed a public referendum with a constitution that they decide without referendum..."

Same old, same old, it might convince a newbie if you write it often enough, but not those who were there. Do you know what a shotgun wedding is, well that was your public referendum, accept the constitution we have designed for you or else we will pick one ourselves.

"PTP that want to replace a constitution that passed a public referendum with a constitution that they decide without referendum."

They are planning a referendum.

It's nice to see that you can be even handed at times. I rather echo Garry's puzzlement, why can't we discuss things without all the invective. I know the Thais don't give a dam_n for our opinions but we could at least demonstrate how to argue in a civilised manner.

Evidence like the above and past discussions would indicate that you do have some difficulties executing searches, but don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

As for Thaivisa itself, why don't you trust the Bangkok Post news articles that were posted here before? They're not expressing opinions like a member's post, they are direct quotes from news agencies. Seems strange you wouldn't trust the mods to accurately post the quoted articles to here.

As for the article itself, the portion posted in my post matches exactly with the portion of the long quote posted in the news article posted by sabaijai.

Lastly, if you are so adamant to read the rest of the article, the full text is available on sites other than the paid subscriber section of Bangkok Post.... but then, that requires some basic search engine skills.

The inaccurate information I snipped from your post was that the article appeared in a number of places, including Thaivisa, other than the one that was linked and you went on about it being the source and its lack of credibility. Then the information you went on to post about was from a different article. I tried to save you the embarrassment, but since you asked....

Do not cut my posts and add comments. If there is any need to cut posts because of exceeding the no.of quotes then cut the earlier ones, do not cut the content. Rule 30, you should know it by now. For your benefit here it is:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Edited by phiphidon

Sorry for being off topic but I was looking for more info on Thaksins passports, then this youtube video link came up, have to share it, it's hilarious. It's nothing to do with his passports but still it very funny. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=40&ved=0CFsQtwIwCTge&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2z5XFExguNc&ei=ZDSVT87dCoLprQeF-Oj4BA&usg=AFQjCNEcHdAP-GkmaZTTcxhA2tHUt7Gn1g

• Like 1

Do not cut my posts and add comments. If there is any need to cut posts because of exceeding the no.of quotes then cut the earlier ones, do not cut the content. Rule 30, you should know it by now. For your benefit here it is:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

If that's the sum total of your reply, then it's good to see that you acknowledge your inability to conduct a rudimentary search (no biggie, lots of people struggle), that you have a curious mistrust of news posting by forum staff, and that you don't mind being embarrassed when people try to save you from it.

but ok, I'll try to remember to simply put <snipped> in the appropriate area when quoting your posts.

Edited by Buchholz

Please do not snip and annotate my post as inaccurate without providing proof to back it up.

Funny,but I am still waiting for your well informed proof that the Constitution Referendum was unconstitutional and undemocratic.

I ignored you

If that's the sum total of your reply, then it's good to see that you acknowledge your inability to conduct a rudimentary search (no biggie, lots of people struggle), that you have a curious mistrust of news posting by forum staff, and that you don't mind being embarrassed when people try to save you from it.

but ok, I'll try to remember to simply put <snipped> in the appropriate area when quoting your posts.

You can assume all you like, just don't snip or alter content from my posts. Rule 30.

Do you know what a shotgun wedding is, well that was your public referendum, accept the constitution we have designed for you or else we will pick one ourselves.

LOL, do you really belief your own nonsense? The Constitution as drawn,reflected the majority of the Thai people: from the South to the North, from Issan to Kanchanaburi, from Yellows to Reds! Democracy in its purest form according to even the most fervent Shinawatra apologists! Shot gun referendum? We don't live in Sicily, do we?

Do you know what a shotgun wedding is, well that was your public referendum, accept the constitution we have designed for you or else we will pick one ourselves.

LOL, do you really belief your own nonsense? The Constitution as drawn,reflected the majority of the Thai people: from the South to the North, from Issan to Kanchanaburi, from Yellows to Reds! Democracy in its purest form according to even the most fervent Shinawatra apologists! Shot gun referendum? We don't live in Sicily, do we?

Now you know why I ignored you.

I ignored you

No surprise there, my dear PhiPhiDon! But a kind of weak or cowardice , don't you think?

I ignored you

No surprise there, my dear PhiPhiDon! But a kind of weak or cowardice , don't you think?

No, just no point in arguing with someone with such a view on the 2007 constitution referendum.

Wow, and I thought someone who willfully tosses in his wife's reputation to make Khun Thaksin's Karaoke catastrophe look less pathetic, had a solid point of view. So it's all just "to balance things out". Good to know.

• Like 2