Soldering Whiz For Electronics Devices In Chiang Mai ?

freedomnow

Does anyone have any idea where I could get my LCD metal spine/ frame soldered together in C.M. ?

It split when I forced it into overhead part of a bus.

It is solid metal behind a plastic over....it is really annoying as the screen will not stay up level now as it is a heavy 19"screen.

I wonder if a bit of soldering would do it ?

Edited by freedomnow

Not sure what device you re referring to but will assume it's a notebook computer since you say 19" display screen. I had a similar problem with an Acer notebook recently. My problem was I could not close the display. I tried to repair it myself but the brackets were broken. Went to Acer repair first - they were useless and not helpful. Said the parts would be 3500 THB but could not get them anyway - notebook too old. Then I went to the 2nd or 3rd floor (I forget which now) at Icon Plaza. As soon as you get off the escalator there are about 3 or 4 notebook repair places. The shop closest to the escalator (literally as you get off the escalator there is a man and a woman team set up outside the repair shops). They had a huge selection of parts from salvaged notebooks. They had the exact brackets for my model along with hundreds of similar parts for almost every brand. 2,000 THB and the notebook was ready to be picked up in about 24 hours.

Given a size of 19 inches, I would assume this is not a notebook computer, but a stand-alone LCD screen.

Without pictures of the damage, and personal inspection of the exact nature of the what you refer to as the "split," I don't think anyone can give a valid "diagnosis" of what may, or may not be, possible in terms of repair. You also do not give the brand name, and indicate how old the model is, or whether you have taken it to wherever you bought it, and inquired there about possible repair.

But, I think the places that Elektrified suggested would be prime possible resources for you to get some leads on where to go, or what to do ... next ... if you go there with the LCD to show them.

best, ~o:37;

Yes, Surayu going to try superglue first ..........but the LCD screen spine is supporting quite a heavy screen...then it has pivot stress any time the screen is tilted...will give it a go before trying to find someone who can solder the internal metal frame. If no joy will try Electrified's suggestion.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by freedomnow

I assume that the (welded/ soldered) connection of 2 metal parts of your screen holder are broken. Since these 2 parts are most probably sectional iron I would suggest to weld them, not (hard-)solder.

Here you find the welding whiz with the adequate state of the art equipment (the boss can speak English a litten bit but enough to communicate):

18° 45’ 45.60” N, 99° 01’ 27.20” E (copy and paste into Google Earth, can see the shop in Street View, too; can't miss it).