If Ever In Need Of Reliable Movers In Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai Removals Is The Right Choice.

pisico

I had to send about 0.7 cubic meter in 10 boxes from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

One of the TV members in Chiang Mai had used Chiang Mai Removals to move from one apartment to another one close to Kad Suan Keao.

She was very pleased with their service and I decided to give it a try. I cannot praise their service enough.

The lady who handled my shipment, Benchamas is her name, was attentive, highly professional and spoke excellent English. She kept me posted every step of the way and when Songkran arrived, she just told me that there would be a delay and gave me the date of delivery after Songkran. That day, she called first to tell me the time slot within which the delivery would be made in Bangkok. The driver called a few minutes before arriving (in Thai) and every single box was delivered in good condition and on the promised time.

As noted, the company does removals of furniture and other goods and items within CM and also ship to other provinces.

Furthermore, they also handle overseas shipments. Their service is top notch and their prices very reasonable.

My level of satisfaction? 110% satisfied.

No, I do no own stock in the company and no, I am not an employee either.

I am simply giving this information for the benefit of other members who eventually will need this type of service.

08-8805-8987 and 08-7189-1117.

Request to speak with Benchamas.

Just for info on this thread I recently moved a small houseful of stuff plus a large motorcycle from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai and I had satisfactory service from Intermover-Thailand. I got five or six quotes from different companies and theirs was the cheapest. The quotes ranged (including loading and trucking) from about 22k to over 60k! Advice: get lots of quotes. Door to door delivery the next day.

door to door service took how many days ? Should be same or next day

you never said how much you paid for the wonderful service ?

In a perfect world, without Songkran, indeed it takes 24 hours to ship and deliver from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

However, if you have lived in Thailand long enough you should know by now that companies, in general, close for a week or so. I was never deceived about the time it would take. I accepted it as part of living in Thailand, same as with motorcycles riding on sidewalks.

The price was much, much lower than what other companies (such as Intermovers) quoted me. At least 60% lower.

Since not all removals are the same (furniture, boxes, appliances, etc.) the price of handling and the distance involved vary. In a perfect world one size would fit all. Not in this case, not in Thailand. Call several companies and choose the one that suits your purpose. I have used other companies over the years and Chiang Mai Removals was the right choice as far as service, price and value.

Just for info on this thread I recently moved a small houseful of stuff plus a large motorcycle from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai and I had satisfactory service from Intermover-Thailand. I got five or six quotes from different companies and theirs was the cheapest. The quotes ranged (including loading and trucking) from about 22k to over 60k! Advice: get lots of quotes. Door to door delivery the next day.

I also used Intermovers to take 12 sealed boxes of personal belongings from BKK to CM. Service was satisfactory but price was much, much higher than the price I paid to Chiang Mai Removals. Again, everything is relative. I always measure the items I am shipping, convert the measurements to cubic meters and then I inquire about moving that volume. That is how they set the prices in general. Moving different items changes the equation.

Their service must be good, and their prices so low, that they're obviously not short of work! I contacted them via email asking for a quote to move a small amount of stuff from Samui to CM on 24 March, and mentioned on another thread a week or so later how I'd never received a reply; the manager was also reading the thread and apologised, however I never did receive a quote. Glad your experience with them was better.

• Like 1

I will add - to their defence - that I appeared to make a deal with another poster on that particular thread, which was not the case; and I have been too preoccupied and unsure of my plans to contact them again since then.

Well, I contacted them again last night after the re-read of the other thread led me to post here the second time, and it turns out I was right about appearing to make a deal with someone else - that was the reason my quote was shelved. No problems really - as I said, I'd been too preoccupied of late to be sure when the move was going to take place...

Anyway, John (the owner) replied last night, and after providing a quote that was high (but not unexpectedly so), he offered to contact a haulage company that runs between Samui and Chiang Mai, to see if they could do it cheaper for me. In the end, though, he came up with a win/win scenario for the both of us that I am exceedingly happy and grateful for.

• 1 month later...

Dont trust this compagny , they come late with wrong truck , and iff you asked for the truck you ordred , they asked for more money than when you make the deal , a wast off time and money , find a compagny you can trust.

It cost me 20000thb to try to use the service , and then go for a nother compagny to get the job done.

Volle.

Hello Volle,

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our service. Could you please send me more details so that I can get to the bottom of this.

As far as I am aware we have never accepted payment of 20,000 Baht and then not completed the job. I also don't recall ever sending the wrong sized truck or ever increasing an original quotation even if there was more work involved.

Please understand I take all complaints very seriously and hopefully by understanding the details of what happened in this case we can improve our service.

If you did pay 20,000 Baht and we did not complete the job to your satisfaction then I am happy to fully reimburse you.

Best Regards,

John Green

Edited by onthedarkside
company name removed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I need a movers right now for two jobs - one, for my move to another house in Chiangmai a few km away; the other for some furniture to an address some 800km distant. The recommendations of CM Removals have been overwhelming in this and another thread. Does this company really stand out to such a degree in both service and cost? It almost tempts me to dispense with getting other quotes - but not quite. I'm wondering which company would be a runner-up in service from whom I might ask a competing quote so that I can work with just the two quotes.

Edited by triffid

I need a movers right now for two jobs - one, for my move to another house in Chiangmai a few km away; the other for some furniture to an address some 800km distant. The recommendations of CM Removals have been overwhelming in this and another thread. Does this company really stand out to such a degree in both service and cost? It almost tempts me to dispense with getting other quotes - but not quite. I'm wondering which company would be a runner-up in service from whom I might ask a competing quote so that I can work with just the two quotes.

I use CM Removals for International shipments, this company stands out for me because (John) the owner is English and makes everything simple and straightforward. I would recommend them, they are trustworthy and reliable.

Edited by kjhbigv

I recently used John of Chiang Mai Removals relocating me from a condominium to a home. The service was excellent,and the workers were efficient, quick, and everything arrived in perfect condition. I cannot praise this company enough for their super service.

In a perfect world, without Songkran, indeed it takes 24 hours to ship and deliver from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

However, if you have lived in Thailand long enough you should know by now that companies, in general, close for a week or so. I was never deceived about the time it would take. I accepted it as part of living in Thailand, same as with motorcycles riding on sidewalks.

The price was much, much lower than what other companies (such as Intermovers) quoted me. At least 60% lower.

Since not all removals are the same (furniture, boxes, appliances, etc.) the price of handling and the distance involved vary. In a perfect world one size would fit all. Not in this case, not in Thailand. Call several companies and choose the one that suits your purpose. I have used other companies over the years and Chiang Mai Removals was the right choice as far as service, price and value.

Why so shy about the cost?

Makes me think you are advertising for the company and didn't use them at all.

• Like 1

Why so shy about the cost?

Makes me think you are advertising for the company and didn't use them at all.

Common sense will dictate that not all shipments are of the same volume and the distance involved is usually not the same.

Some people are lazy and do not want to take the time to pack their belongings, others cannot do it due to health and other considerations. Prices will also be affected with the services provided by the moving companies.

If you want a one-price-fits-all moving needs and distances, I can only say that Thailand is not never-never land.

As far as thinking that I am advertising for the company well .. read my previous sentences.

I did my own packing, labeling and provided measurements in cubic meters. They only came to the address in Chiang Mai, picked up my boxes and delivered them to the address in Bangkok. No complaints.

The last time I did a good deed for another member, I was demonized because that member's needs and expectations were unrealistic. No good deed goes unpunished.

Do your own leg work. Call the moving companies, tell them your needs and negotiate the best you can. Which is what I did.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with shepsel. I used John and his great staff to move from Tak to Chiang Mai on the 17th May. I was very happy with them. I can't comment on how competive his price was as I didn't seek any other quotes. I can say though that I was happy with the cost. I am more than happy to recommend Chiang Mai Removals.