Ducati Monster 795

My M795 just had its 1st service today (1000 km). The bill was 3520 Baht. It seems pricey compared to what I paid in the past with Kawasaki. It took less than one hour. Overall still happy with the bike and the Garmin GPS works a treat. My next job is to change the seat as the existing one is a bit painful for the meat 'n' 2 veg. I'll go for the Ducati seat.

3,500 is close to 3x what you pay at Kawasaki - but not too bad as a total amount, I'd say. I'd read horror stories of Ducati service for 20,000 baht - that would be a concern. 3,500 is OK.

Did you check the bill? First service should be oil and oil filter, would like to know how much they charge for labor.

Labour is charged at 1000 Baht per hour. The bill breakdown was Oil filter 1010 Baht, Engine oil 1600 Baht and labour was 850 Baht. Its true if you put it into perspective with other countries then its not bad at all.

My M795 just had its 1st service today (1000 km). The bill was 3520 Baht. It seems pricey compared to what I paid in the past with Kawasaki. It took less than one hour. Overall still happy with the bike and the Garmin GPS works a treat. My next job is to change the seat as the existing one is a bit painful for the meat 'n' 2 veg. I'll go for the Ducati seat.

3,500 is close to 3x what you pay at Kawasaki - but not too bad as a total amount, I'd say. I'd read horror stories of Ducati service for 20,000 baht - that would be a concern. 3,500 is OK.

Did you check the bill? First service should be oil and oil filter, would like to know how much they charge for labor.

First service for a Ninja 250 in Calfornia is $300 = 9000 baht

Those Ducati mechanics must have a well paid job ( i wonder how much of that 1000 thb hour rate they see back on there salary slip)

keep those reports coming, i considering buying a M795 in a year or 2 ( new or second hand) and it's good to know about the running costs, "weak" points etc etc.

anybody measured the fuel economy??

Those Ducati mechanics must have a well paid job ( i wonder how much of that 1000 thb hour rate they see back on there salary slip)

keep those reports coming, i considering buying a M795 in a year or 2 ( new or second hand) and it's good to know about the running costs, "weak" points etc etc.

When buying a big bike fuel economy just doesn't come into the equation coffee1.gif

^

dunno about comparing to europe last time I went to Renault dealer 75 pound an hour = 3500 bht and that was 8 years ago.

Is a little expensive for Thailand though ,1600 bht for oil is not to good either,then again we just had our 60k service on our dmax which basically was check everything and change oil plus bit of grease for wheel bearing cost 3660 bht so they must be charging around 1000 bht /hour labour

When buying a big bike fuel economy just doesn't come into the equation coffee1.gif

Why not..... a bad fuel economy wouldn't stop me from buying a bike when i really want it, (i run a few 150cc 2 strokes and there more expensive on fuel then my 3 liter diesel pick up)

But things like range are interesting to know. Also the running costs are things i would like to know in advance.

1000 thb per hour for labour? In Thailand? where they pay 10,000 - 15,000 thb for their mechanics?

C'mon, this is nonsense, it is even higher than hourly charges In USA or Europe.

This is a total rip off man.

Correct and must certainly defer from owning such a great bike. :(

Cost me about 1000 Baht for the spare oil filter I bought when I picked up my bike which I thought was a rippoff .But I paid it anyway....Shouldnt have to pay more than 500 baht IMO....Online there $18.00 in the US...Having trouble finding one here locally..My Hilux cost about 1600 Baht for a service and thats with 6 litres of oil..I think you guys are paying too much...its 10 minutes work ....My Scoopy cost 140 Baht for its 5000 KM service just yesterday at the Honda shop........The oils cheap here in Thailand and so is the labor...Just need to find where to get a oil filter..Doesnt have to be original , Ryco , Donaldson or any other brand will do...

My first 250 KM I took 10 litres of fuel..Thats 25 KM per liter or 4 liters per 100 KM...

1000 thb per hour for labour?...it is even higher than hourly charges In USA or Europe...

factually incorrect. Though THB1000 is a bit steep, yes. Factor in that they all get training in Italy to keep current on the machines, plus it's Your Baby they're spinning wrenches on, not some throw-away bike, and it comes back into the brackets.

Get it out of warranty, then do your own basic work or even the valves & belts if your a bit handy. the two valve Ducs are very sorted mills, stone age simple & solid. The quatro valvoles are more work with four valve heads, liquid cooling and a high level of tune.

1000 thb per hour for labour? In Thailand? where they pay 10,000 - 15,000 thb for their mechanics?

C'mon, this is nonsense, it is even higher than hourly charges In USA or Europe.

How much does it cost to fly the mechanics to Italy for training?

I'd personally rather have European trained Ducati mechanics service my Ducati than Somechai the flip-flop wearer at 60b p/h.

But the choice of course would be yours.

I've had a look at labour charges for the Monster in England. Cheapest main dealer was £51 per hour + 20% VAT. Most expensive was £110 per hour + VAT. Independents staffed by former main dealer technicians were mostly around £55 per hour + VAT. 1000bht per hour here for a factory trained technician looks like good value.

I beleve the minimum in the usa from a authorized dealer is $75. Is 1000baht high of course but if you can afford the 400k i am sure you can afford the maintanence.

• Like 2

But are THEY factory trained, or do they just send 1 guy for a few weeks??? and presume/hope he will train the others......

And also factor in any previous training. IF all the mechanics are factory trained good. Dont forget there is a Ducati factory here in Thailand. So do they get trained here or in Italy?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

it is not the money of course just the principals.

But, i am sure they think like " hey, these guys can afford 400.00 thb for a bike it means they can afford an astronomical service charge as well especially if they are farang"

And, i do not think so they let their mechanics fly to Europe as they assemble the bikes in Thailand, right? Most probably, they trained these mechanics in Thailand factory by a trainer from Italy maximum.

Still, a Ducati is a Ducati which is a great bike so if i own it i pay it too unfortunately instead of servicing it by myself.

What can you do else?

Edited by loserlazer

Are we seriously complaining about service charge now??? Are they doing a good job? Are they taking care of your bike? Is it that expensive when you think of the brand you buy???

Honestly!!! This is just silly...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Not service charge but I would be questioning the 1600 bht for oil how much did they use is it some special ducat oil imported from Italy , never seen oil priced that high here not even at half that price.

Are we seriously complaining about service charge now??? Are they doing a good job? Are they taking care of your bike? Is it that expensive when you think of the brand you buy???

Honestly!!! This is just silly...

Not service charge but I would be questioning the 1600 bht for oil how much did they use is it some special ducat oil imported from Italy , never seen oil priced that high here not even at half that price.

Quality imported oils (e.g. Putoline etc.) can easily cost that much, or more.

http://www.gear4bikes.com/acatalog/Putoline_Four_Stroke_Oils.html

I wouldn't be putting cheap oil in a 400,000 baht bike.

• Like 1

I remember when Snowflake got his Cbr250 serviced. They tried saving him some money and didn't put ANY oil in it :P:ph34r:

Hahaha i remember that too- I have tried.to forget it but the bike is flying around town now, or so my friends keep telling me!!!

But i had to pay

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by snowflake