Old Landlady

Morning All,

So heres my issue rented a house from a greedy old women about 3 years ago, we paid a 2,000 baht deposit on the deal that the last month we stay for free, we paid our last month and moved out on the 15th so only stayed half a month, I let her keep the deposit to pay electric and water bills, she is now calling up demanding 1,500 baht for the electricity which I am refusing to pay as she wont give the deposit back,

On another note we paid 6,000 baht to repair the roof which I never asked back. We never signed a contract and the courts actually own the houses which she rents out,

I have said to her she can either pay electric and forget about the rest or I'll pay the electric if she give's me 9,000 Baht (6K for roof, 2K for deposit, 1k for half month).

Would i be correct in saying she doesn't stand a chance if she wants to make a problem out of this?

2000 per month...were you renting a cardboard box or what?

Used to dream of living in a cardboard box

A box made of REAL CARDBOARD??!!! Such luxury as i have never heard of .

At the risk of being accused of going off-topic

Posted from Billion Zone in Survarnabhumi Airport (near concourse C), they have free WiFi but I'm using AIS free (with my 3G plan) WiFi 'coz it's 10000 times faster.

• Like 1

As an aside, and as a landlord myself, i can't understand why any landlord would agree to allowing a tenant to stay for the last month or so without paying, on the basis that the money for this time will come out of the deposit. I appreciate it is an attractive arrangement for the tenant, in they don't have to worry about fighting for the deposit back - a situation i am sorry you find yourself in inspite of that arrangement - but for the landlord, the whole idea of the deposit is to protect yourself from damages and expenses left behind. May as well just not take a deposit in the first place.