Who Can Work With Correll Paint?!

nickw

I had the same problem myself as I design my vinyl banners every month, and some needed Thai script.

At first I tried to import the script written on the thai keyboard via usb stick but I couldnt get it to work.

In the end my Thai mate who also has the program simply wrote it from his own keyboard with many different fonts available.

I am currently at a dead end with the Japanese font still head scratching.

I came to the conclusion that a) I am totally crap with this program and B) the easiest way is to install the program in to a pc with a thai keyboard set up.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun NickW,

I am not familiar with Corel Paint, but if you describe exactly what you are trying to do here in further detail, I may be able to respond helpfully.

I am assuming, right now, that you want to replace text in language "x" with the same text rendered in ... translated into ... Thai script.

If you have a multi-layer drawing (I have no idea if this is possible in Corel Paint), where the text content is on its own layer, and rendered from vector fonts, so that it is editable, its font, and size, and bold or italic properties, can be changed dynamically, then that opens up a range of solutions using other (Adobe) tools.

If the above scenario is "true," I would be posting on the Corel support forums asking about using non-roman script within Corel Paint.

If you have one "big bitmap" where the text in language 'x" in rendered, as "bits," as an integral part of the bitmap: you are going to have to redo the whole design. While the latest generation of Adobe PhotoShop makes this much easier to do (using "context-aware" fill, and other tools), it is non-trivial, or even impossible, depending on the exact content of the "big bitmap," and factors such as the desired resolution of final rendered output.

best, ~o:37;

Corel is a pain using non-western fonts.

AFAIK, Assuming windows you have to set Thai as the non-unicode option under regional and language options -- advanced tab (now assuming using XP!)

Probably have to set japanese or whatever if you want that to work.

Incidentally wordperfect can not ever do non-western fonts so you can never do Thai in WordPerfect, much to my absolute anoyance as I found it to be an excellent word processor.

simply, I have a publicity poster with English script. I already have the Thai translation. All I'm needing to do is to copy and paste the Thai and take out the English. I have the fonts prepared already...

simply, I have a publicity poster with English script. I already have the Thai translation. All I'm needing to do is to copy and paste the Thai and take out the English. I have the fonts prepared already...

Then, why haven't you learned from, and responded to, the very specific questions asked, and suggestions made on this thread ?

Don't waste our time.

~o:37;

excuse me, I was answering a question. a question that you specifically asked me.

My question asked for a one sentence answer. You gave a long winded answer hardly relating to my orignal question.

"don't waste our time" so from this comment I can assume that your the voice for the whole community?

how about stay on track with the post.