Best Place To Get Visa If In Phuket

For a new visa he would have to visit a Consulate in another country to obtain and at least one night would be required. Malaysia would be the cheapest location as most people are allowed entry without need of a visa. If below age 15 there is no overstay fine imposed for children.

A tourist visa costs about 1,000 baht and non immigrant about 2,000 baht single entry (in local currency). Transportation/hotel/meals would be extra and if using a visa service in Penang there fee. Not sure if there is any visa service from there to Malaysia or not (suspect may only have for border crossing to Burma for 15 day visa exempt entry or visa stay for those with multi entry visas).

thx, he just told me it runs out on 27th april, so it was only a 2 month visa. he wants 90 day one really. and now he's just been told he can get one in Phuket town. i'm sure that's not correct. as he's going to do a telf course soon maybe they could help him get one.

lite beer is right.

tell him to slip over to the immigration office in phuket town.

fill out a 1 page visa extension form on site. [often there are volunteers who can help him] 1900 baht.

photocopies and passport photos can be got downstairs [first] for a reasonable fee [120 baht all up i think]

the whole process is quite painless if you get there early [opens 8.30am i recall]

should be all done in 30 mins. and back on the beach by 10!

ps

then start planning for the next double entry visa run.

Do the extension first per visaruna advice. Go to the main office in Phuket town at Saipan Hin. Get there as early as possible, just less waiting.

Have to get actual visa (vs extension) outside Thailand. In Phuket the best bet is AirAsia flight to KL (very cheap r/t if advance purchase; get 1st flight of day leaving Phuket, last flight leaving KL the next day). From KL airport get taxi to Thai embassy (can do bus but then have to take taxi to the embassy from downtown). There are affordable hotels near the embassy, check on travel site eg. Agoda. Need that because of visa and flight timing. Flight to Penang is an alternative to KL; more amenable Thai officials but more hassle getting there.

There are several companies that run mini-vans to Penang. They come pick you up and leave at night and reach the Sadao border when it opens. They provide a hotel and all meals. They do all the work to get your new visa. The prices I have heard were quite reasonable as they basically hold your hand from beginning to end.