Thai Education Ministry Asks China To Send In 10,000 Teachers

webfact

I think it is best to stay away from the seedier side of why men might want to learn Thai.

I've had the pleasure of working with several of the Chinese teachers sent by the Chinese gov't. My experience has been that they are top-notch teachers. They know their materials, are good at getting it across and quite dedicated.

The only unfortunate side is the indoctrination that they receive from the Chinese gov't. I strongly suggest even mentioning things like Tibet. Oh, and the ones I worked with had never heard of the Tianamen square massacre.

Hopefuly it will rub off on the Thais.

• 5 months later...

Do you think that their salary is not over 20000 thb ?

How much they would get in China for teaching ?

Thanks for info.

A Chinese teacher at my school is "part time" and gets 500/hour, for 15-20 hours work - more than the Philipinos overall:)

Do you think that their salary is not over 20000 thb ?

How much they would get in China for teaching ?

Thanks for info.

Chinese teachers usually make between 13- and 20,000 baht paid by the school with mostly free accommodation. But they also receive a similar amount from their government.

They don't let the ordinary folks go abroad, only those whose families are somehow connected with the regime. ---wai2.gif

• Like 1

Sirchai is correct. The Thai school pays a small stipend to the Chinese Teacher (I will have to check and see the amount--but I think it is set by the government). As I understand it, the Chinese gov't pays a stipend to the family of the student as well. I believe they can stay for 2 years (but not sure on this point).

My experience with these teachers is that they do know their stuff and they do know how to teach.

They are well indoctrinated by the Chinese gov't, so it's best to stay away from anything even mildly controversial.

• Like 1

Most Chinese teachers are good looking females.- Their English is just in my opinion much better than the average of their Thai English teaching colleagues.

But i do not understand how another language like Chinese can be introduced to all (many) schools.

I've never met Thai students who could speak Chinese, even after learning it for 6 years.

( Once a week, like the "ordinary English teaching strategy")

I guess only some Thais have realized that China has already taken over their country in many ways.--wai2.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...