Bringing Thaksin Home

webfact

Politics is politics, the law is the law.

Thaksin was ousted for political reasons no doubt about that but the fact he broke the law whilst in power in order to benefit his family is a separate issue altogether. For that he was tried and found guilty by the courts. He did not appeal in the usual sense knowing he was guilty and resorted to the cakebox approach instead which simply compounded his guilt.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If things were fair? I noticed he didnt say just, or according to the rule of law.

The concept of 'fair', as used in educational circles actually refers to treating individuals unequally - giving them what they need (e.g. special learning materials for students with disabilities; freedom in Taksin's case). He thinks he has been unjustly treated, so wants specialtreatment to make things 'equal'.

"The process must be really fair, especially the appointment of people in charge of the process. If things were fair, he would return."

Meaning = My own hand picked people,doing exactly as I tell them,and a guarantee that I will be declared not guilty on all charges.and the return of my money,unfairly taken from me.

There is NO MEANING to law in Thailand, or in many other places now. Money and guns are the only "law". Thaksin has again bought the government by making promises to the so-called poor, thus buying the votes. It is scary to think that someone can just flip their finger at the judgment of the 9 judge bench of the Supreme Court and think he can come back and get a new trial. It has gone so far beyond lunacy now, there is not much left to say.

What I see, is the cost of living here has gone through the ceiling, and I am able to purchase most things for far less in the USA than here.

Thank you Shinawatra family.

Well, seems I have to be happy with the families who are happy to pimp out their young daughters.. The more the merrier I say... Keep inflation going up ,up , up, and those frilly little thing coming, down, down , down...!

What a sad post, ever heard of putting others before yourself!

Obviously, any trial for Thaksin, with the PT in power, would inevitably find him not guilty - of any of the half dozen cases he's facing. Indeed, PT would simply compel the judges to toss out the charges altogether. It's gone from silly to ridiculous.

Under what government was he found guilty before before he went on the lam?

Is that a joke? Wouldn't it be nice (for felons) to get re-tried each time they disagreed with the verdict. Not only that, they would get re-tried with their nepotistic government pulling the strings. Then if the 2nd re-trial didn't suit the accused, ...a 3rd or 4th re-trial until the results suit the accused.

Obviously, any trial for Thaksin, with the PT in power, would inevitably find him not guilty - of any of the half dozen cases he's facing. Indeed, PT would simply compel the judges to toss out the charges altogether. It's gone from silly to ridiculous. The Shinawatre clan is giving Thai justice the finger. Great example for Thai youngsters. Not.

I keep on asking this and never get a straight answer. Are the members of the Judiciary System adjudicating now the same as the ones doing so in the Abhisit years? Did you and your "likees" consider the judiciary at that time to be the epitome of judicial standards at the time? I refer to the overturning of the democrat dissolution cases, the support shown for them during the "videotape scandal", the jailing of the Red Shirts, their upholding of Article 112 and the computer crimes act.

And yet with the change of government, they have all been won over to do the bidding of the government and you cannot trust them to conduct a retrial without the Junta breathing down their necks? Curious. Has not one of Thaksins nieces just been found guilty and banned from politics for false declaration of assets, in this case a debt?

Is it not possible that the cases were decided on their merits, but you didn't like the results? Jailing of the red shirts - just what did you expect that a pack of arsonists would get, party list MP jobs?

• Like 1

Is that a joke? Wouldn't it be nice (for felons) to get re-tried each time they disagreed with the verdict. Not only that, they would get re-tried with their nepotistic government pulling the strings. Then if the 2nd re-trial didn't suit the accused, ...a 3rd or 4th re-trial until the results suit the accused.

Obviously, any trial for Thaksin, with the PT in power, would inevitably find him not guilty - of any of the half dozen cases he's facing. Indeed, PT would simply compel the judges to toss out the charges altogether. It's gone from silly to ridiculous. The Shinawatre clan is giving Thai justice the finger. Great example for Thai youngsters. Not.

I keep on asking this and never get a straight answer. Are the members of the Judiciary System adjudicating now the same as the ones doing so in the Abhisit years? Did you and your "likees" consider the judiciary at that time to be the epitome of judicial standards at the time? I refer to the overturning of the democrat dissolution cases, the support shown for them during the "videotape scandal", the jailing of the Red Shirts, their upholding of Article 112 and the computer crimes act.

And yet with the change of government, they have all been won over to do the bidding of the government and you cannot trust them to conduct a retrial without the Junta breathing down their necks? Curious. Has not one of Thaksins nieces just been found guilty and banned from politics for false declaration of assets, in this case a debt?

Is it not possible that the cases were decided on their merits, but you didn't like the results? Jailing of the red shirts - just what did you expect that a pack of arsonists would get, party list MP jobs?

See what I mean! there is an easy answer to this and I never get it. They are either corruptible now and can be easily influenced by government and therefore were so in the abhisit years OR they were incorruptible in the abhisit years and are so now. What is it to be?

Edited by phiphidon

People like to forget that Thaksin was CONVICTED while his brother in law was PM, then he decided to do a runner. I think the Thai Judiciary is still quite independent from the political fray. That's why Taksin won't come home unless a legislative whitewash allows it.

The Red shirts on trial for terrorism better get ready to move to Dubai. I think they are going to get shocked in that upcoming trial. (I think Sondhi already went there, after his 20 year conviction). Thai party in Dubai!

• Like 1

I read the thread heading and started to think of a large wooden box with brass handles. Why would I think that?

Well,you started it, I'll finish it.

Mr Thaksin is a hero and deserves a hero's transportation. In fact nothing less than a fine Mercedes 600 Limo.

post-9891-0-21315500-1335271532_thumb.jp

Bullet-proof and with high visibility glass so his adoring fans can see him. He has spent most of his life lying, he will lie probably lie on his return.

I read the thread heading and started to think of a large wooden box with brass handles. Why would I think that?

Well,you started it, I'll finish it.

Mr Thaksin is a hero and deserves a hero's transportation. In fact nothing less than a fine Mercedes 600 Limo.

post-9891-0-21315500-1335271532_thumb.jp

Bullet-proof and with high visibility glass so his adoring fans can see him. He has spent most of his life lying, he will lie probably lie on his return.

Well, he said he will return in style.

Everyone knows his charges were all politically motivated; It was just a warning from the Privy Council that even Thai elite don’t cross certain lines, now even Thaksin will have to eat humble pie to come home and be forgiven by the super elite in Thailand.

As you say MARKAEW #9

Everybody knows the outcome. It's not like it's a secret how the system works here.

They may have been politically motivated but they were true.If he wasn't such a megalomaniac and a greedy bastard he'd still be in.

Politically motivated. If I remember right it was one the cook or the brother in law who were on his payroll who were in power when the charges were made. Besides what does it matter he did a illegal thing and was found guilty and sentenced for it.

Where in the law does it say it is OK to get away with a crime if the reasons for charging one were no good. They are still guilty.

See what I mean! there is an easy answer to this and I never get it. They are either corruptible now and can be easily influenced by government and therefore were so in the abhisit years OR they were incorruptible in the abhisit years and are so now. What is it to be?

Do you even make sense to yourself?

Thaksins not coming home to Thailand, not if you listen to what the formervprime minister Prem had to say earlier this month "Those who betray the country will meet a tragic end, that's what I believe. Others can believe it or not, depending on their ethics and morality,".

post-9891-0-21315500-1335271532_thumb.jpg

Now i understand the logic concerning the import of foreign vehicles, no doub tafraid that the local hearses are not good enough for Brother no.1.

However the model below might be a more fitting means of transportation.

tumbril-thumb-200x144.jpg

Edited by siampolee

No, dolly, now run along.

I just wonder dear PhiPhiDon, with really no one agreeing with you on anything, you yourself ignoring anyone critical of your drivel, do you never have the feeling that you just might be in the wrong lane?

• Like 2

I just wonder dear PhiPhiDon, with really no one agreeing with you on anything, you yourself ignoring anyone critical of your drivel, do you never have the feeling that you just might be in the wrong lane?

I must come to the defence of my dear friend phiphidon. He bravely tries to defend the undefendable and makes all the right suggestions to deflect to 'but what about Abhisit". You may not agree, but he's fairly consistent. As for 'wrong lane', did you never have the feeling 'why are all those others going in the wrong direction?' smile.png

Edited by rubl

I have never claimed that Thai courts were corrupt or otherwise. However, try to understand the chain of events. Police investigate, if evidence of a crime committed is found it is reported to prosecutors, if they decide sufficient evidence for a case they forward to the courts for decision of guilt or otherwise.

Now when you are the PM, or the de facto PM, and the CoP is your BIL, and the AG is a politician who owes his position to your goodwill, what chance is there that a case will be forwarded to the courts? In the unlikely situation that is is, what chance that the evidence will be complete and sufficient?

Take for example, Yingluk's perjury charge, decided by police headed by a relative to be NOT a crime. No case, no court, no judge. Hooray for PTP justice.

To be fair both buchholz and dolly have both pressed the like button on my posts but only in their haste to add some diatribe or other - you'll be glad to know they soon retracted so no stain on their character.

KireB, critical of my drivel you may be but that is not the reason I ignore you. It's because of the posts you write. Have you ever considered that there may be more than the one lane, the lane that you have self proclaimed as being right, by might?

No you haven't and nor will you, that's why I ignore you.

• Like 1

To be fair both buchholz and dolly have both pressed the like button on my posts but only in their haste to add some diatribe or other - you'll be glad to know they soon retracted so no stain on their character.

Actually, when I "liked" your post, it was not for your input on the post, but the deleting and editing the moderator had inputted on your post.

It was not retracted.

:)

Edited by Buchholz

If we ignore Thaksin's well documented paranoid flirtation with assassination attempts, and assume there are, indeed, hitmen after him, then, in the event they succeed, he will certainly manage to dodge imprisonment.

Assuming it is all down to his paranoia, then I suppose it's safe to read Sukumpol's assertion that ". . . The process must be really fair, especially the appointment of people in charge of the process." as "Thaksin is looking for the three monkeys who see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil." Though why a defence minister should be making any pronouncements on the judicial process is itself questionable.

Actually, when I "liked" your post, it was not for your input on the post, but the deleting and editing the moderator had inputted on your post.

It was not retracted.

smile.png

I suppose it saves you the bother of doing it.

I thought I'd noticed you "liking" a lot of moderator posts for a while now..........

• Like 1

It was not retracted.

smile.png

I suppose it saves you the bother of doing it.

I thought I'd noticed you "liking" a lot of moderator posts for a while now..........

What's not to like?

Their efforts of deleting the flames and editing senseless bickering are highly commendable.

Edited by Buchholz