When To Get Bank Letter For Retirement Visa Renewal

I need to go to immigration on Tue 8 or Wed 9 May to renew my retirement visa and this will be the first time I'll be using the money in the bank method. I know I need to get a letter from Bangkok Bank to confirm my balance, but does the letter need to be dated for a specific day? I will order the letter a few days before but want to make sure it's not dated too early. So is it ok to date the letter on 4 or 7 May and then go to immigration on 8 May?

Edited by w11guy

There is a branch of the Bangkok Bank directly under the Immigration office. However, I'm not sure if they will issue you with a letter as it's not your branch.

To save time and effort, I opened an a/c with Kasikorn there and can get a letter on the spot and dated the same day as application. I'm on a marriage extension, though.

Anyone?

JD

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering about the same issue, (date of bank letter in relation to visit to Immigration for extension of stay). If I get the letter from the bank on 14th, (dated 14th) May, and present myself at (Changwattana) Immigration on 15th, this should be acceptable? Has anyone had problems doing this recently?

Edited by samtam

If it is a problem there are branch banks one floor down. But believe if you have letter from previous day it is accepted but they may want a transaction receipt for current day (ATM transaction will do).

Well unfortunately no HSBC in the Immigration building, and it's not a savings passbook, but a printout of a savings bank transaction. Previously I've produced a bank letter for the previous day, (for a fixed deposit), and it seemed to be OK, but I was wondering whether anyone had done that successfully in recent weeks.

Well unfortunately no HSBC in the Immigration building, and it's not a savings passbook, but a printout of a savings bank transaction. Previously I've produced a bank letter for the previous day, (for a fixed deposit), and it seemed to be OK, but I was wondering whether anyone had done that successfully in recent weeks.

Yes, I got mine from HSBC BKK last week. On a slightly different aspect of HSBC: they've removed secure key from their web site amd revoked all email addresses, it's almost nearly impossible to get through to them via fax, phone or secure messaging, so much so that out of sheer frustration I flew down to BKK just to see them for 20 mins last week and closed out my accounts in the process.

Sorry - to be clear - you got your bank letter and then used it day(s) later, (but at Chiang Mai) Immigration?

I actually used it at CM Immigration two days after it was dated and there was no problem.

What about the Income letter from the Embassy.

I need to renew my retirement visa in Sept. But the embassy oeople will be in Pattaya in June.

How long does the income letter of 65,000 baht work.

Anyone know about Chonburi/Jomtien allowing ketter to be 3 months old?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I need to go to immigration on Tue 8 or Wed 9 May to renew my retirement visa

AFAIK, Wed 9 is a government holiday (Royal Ploughing Ceremony) and immigration will be closed?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to pass on my own experience from yesterday's Extension of Stay, regarding the bank letter. Immigration at Chaengwattana accepted my bank letter and balance dated 14 May, (for my renewal on 15 May). My Imm officer seemed to have doubts initially about the HSBC letter and printed savings account statement, but after making a call was satisfied that it was acceptable. What I gave them was exactly what they asked for last year; unfortunately some officers do seem unfamiliar with bank accounts. My better half who had the same bank documents had no problems.

The exercise took rather a long time. We got our queue ticket at 9.55 am and I was seen at 11.35 am. At least I was able to get queue tickets for the Re-Entry permit application before lunch. After the lunch break, that process took another 90 minutes from 1 pm. All in all a successful if drawn out day, (7 hours door to door, including lunch and 90 minutes round trip from Sathorn).

Just make sure it is a normal cash account rather than the 'funds' that some banks offer. You are aware the money is free to use except for the 2-3 month period prior to extensions and that a combination of income and bank account may be used to even eliminate that period?