A Question Of Ethics

marshbags

Yet another example is set regarding the law and footballs pathetic excuses and what young football fans will make of it, who knows.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2134622/Ched-Evans-Only-football-rapist-round-applause--Martin-Samuel.html?ito=email-sportnewsletter-20120425

The after trial comments and insensitive arrogance of footballs so called elite is there yet again for all to witness.

marshbags sick.gif and sad.png

I wonder if the player who made that twitter outburst will be released by his club? Doubt it somehow.

I really think the general attitude in the inner circles of the football world is that they are young lads with loads of cash so what do you expect!

I wonder if the player who made that twitter outburst will be released by his club? Doubt it somehow.

I really think the general attitude in the inner circles of the football world is that they are young lads with loads of cash so what do you expect!

The thing that gets me in this particular case is the young lady is classed as fair whatever and because she went to the hotel had in some way agreed to what was not one but two seperate sexual advances and as for the scum who did the video, <deleted>

He should have been charged with an offence against decency at the very least.

As with the rules of fitness to run football ect., the players should also follow similar standards and along with the criminal punishments receive additional penalties from the FA and other associations.for bringing the game into disrepute.

Seems to me the silent ones don,t even care and just want to pretend it never happened.

marshbags

The thing that gets me in this particular case is the young lady is classed as fair whatever and because she went to the hotel had in some way agreed to what was not one but two seperate sexual advances and as for the scum who did the video, <deleted>

He should have been charged with an offence against decency at the very least.

As with the rules of fitness to run football ect., the players should also follow similar standards and along with the criminal punishments receive additional penalties from the FA and other associations.for bringing the game into disrepute.

Seems to me the silent ones don,t even care and just want to pretend it never happened.

marshbags

I am not condoning this episode, nor what the idiot tweeted, but from what I have read from the trial scripts published, I believe he will certainly appeal the conviction and his conviction will be overturned. Unless there is something else that has not been made public.

2 guys were involved, she states she cannot remember what happened, and 1 of the guys is found Not Guilty, even though he admits he had sex with her!!

I am not going soft on rapists.... string em up is what I say.... but from what I read there is not enough evidence to convict.

To whom do you refer?

Connected to football.

He can appeal all he wants for me but he was uninvited by her, did take advantage of someone unable to resist, and in effect not able to consent or otherwise to him doing what he did.

As I see it IMHO, the one found not guilty was given the benefit of the doubt as she had acompanied him ???

Also to offer my responses to the other posts, much of the evidence made available to the court was kept out of the public domain to protect the victim and not released for publication.

I hope I am permitted to part quote from this article to compliment similar references I read during the trail.

" Evans arrived because McDonald spoke to him on a mobile telephone and announced he had 'got a bird', like he had been out trapping them with nets. Evans arrived and had sex with the girl after McDonald, while others attempted to film what happened. The vulturous McDonald was charged with rape but acquitted, Evans got five years.

We presume the jury reasoned that, despite being in an advanced state of incapability, agreeing to go to the hotel with McDonald was consent, of sorts, and she may have even initiated the one-night stand. Evans was no part of that conversation; hence his behaviour was not consensual. "

The jury considered evidence - more detailed than is publicly available - and gave its guilty verdict. Judge Merfyn Hughes QC then passed sentence. That's justice, right there: except football prefers its bespoke version.

Unquote

I personally agree with this observation regarding Evans as he tagged on after the lady accompanied MacDonald.

A hunting pack comes to mind in this scenario and for me it is a very worrying situation if people are duplicating it and going around looking for vunerable subjects.

Vunerable subjects of either sex by the way and not only for rape.

MacDonalds case for a conviction was in some doubt regarding consent and he was again IMHO rightly found not guilty.

Contrary to those who may see this as a non footballing issue, it is most definitely relevant to the footballing scene.

Acceptable standards and behaviour like in most other professions have to be seen and above what has happened in this case ( and many others regarding various scenarios ) and cannot be allowed to contradict how the rest of us are lawfully allowed to behave.

The game is IMHO in disrepute over and over again because of the deafenning sound of silence on so many occcasions in recent times.

LIke us in the unpriviliged world of celebrity, the footballing world need to be accountable for what goes on and off the field with all those connected to it.

They are after all role models to not only our young but all those who support them.

They should recognise, be guided, taught, and respect it by sending out positive messages, and hopefully be copied for all the good things most always do, of which there are many within the game.

Again IMHO as always

marshbags wink.png

Edited by marshbags

"Also to offer my responses to the other posts, much of the evidence made available to the court was kept out of the public domain to protect the victim and not released for publication "

Marshbags. with all respect on a very touchy subject,if you are unaware of the evidence as you say "much of the evidence" how can you give a balanced opinion on this case without being part of the jury then?

It seems that from other "story's i have read that it is not the first time this has happened.

I am not condoning this episode, nor what the idiot tweeted, but from what I have read from the trial scripts published, I believe he will certainly appeal the conviction and his conviction will be overturned. Unless there is something else that has not been made public.

2 guys were involved, she states she cannot remember what happened, and 1 of the guys is found Not Guilty, even though he admits he had sex with her!!

I am not going soft on rapists.... string em up is what I say.... but from what I read there is not enough evidence to convict.

i think that must be what has happened. and i don't think it will be overturned.

I really do not want to been seen to be having a go at football and most certainly not at our soccer forum of which the exchanges of opinion, while not always the same, are welcomed. whistling.gif

It is very difficult for me to see some of the things that have happened in recent times and not want to comment on them.

The people responsible for these actions are letting their fans, respective clubs and football down big time.

How do we explain to our younger members of the family how they are allowed to do things we teach our own not to do and still be idolised in spite of their actions, it has always been a problem for me.

While I am not a very active member, I always read and enjoy the banter among the regulars and have had many a laugh at the comments.

Because the player is referred to and seen as local, albeit the opposition, many will assume he is Sheffield bred.

Contrary to belief, I along with most supporters wish what took place had never happened and he was still playing for the club, ( but not knocking the goals in though.)

It doesn,t seem right that the question of the young womans integrity is taking over the main scenario of what occured on the media networks, while he is seemingly supported instead of being taken to task on what and why he took advantage of her drunken state.

As for the football.....................

May I sincerely request that you keep the banter going along with the odd curse we are all familiar with, when talking football before and after the games as this is what it,s all about.

There has been some right results this week, that,s for sure and plenty to discuss... curse about

marshbags wink.png

Just remember, if the English want to get up in arms about the use of the word "soccer" just remember you only have yourselves to blame! You came up with it and not too many years back it was still acceptable to use in England.

I use football, myself, but anyway...

Ched Evans thing. Disturbing. That's all I can say.

They are a microcosm of the yobbish offspring that British society has spawned in recent years.Immature,illiterate and thoroughly nasty individuals that worship at the temple of Youtube and Twitter, to show the world how sadistic they are by filming their conquest.And when I hear managers refer to them as 'boys' it makes me cringe.There was nothing boyish in what they put that woman through.

• Like 1

They are a microcosm of the yobbish offspring that British society has spawned in recent years.Immature,illiterate and thoroughly nasty individuals that worship at the temple of Youtube and Twitter, to show the world how sadistic they are by filming their conquest.And when I hear managers refer to them as 'boys' it makes me cringe.There was nothing boyish in what they put that woman through.

Terminology used for what footballers do in these disgusting premeditated acts are commonly called " roasting " and apparently refers to group sex.

For the latest plan in this shocking aftermath to honour Evans via football go to

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

The article provides even more disturbing details and yes again the game of football is being used to honour / show support for him.

This group action was not a one off among football league players and has long been established by all accounts ???

Personal observations

Why did Evans choose to use the fire exit to leave the hotel ?

To do this when you consider his life style and it,s trappings, what he had and what he could have done re his future potential beggar belief IMHO.

As I mentioned re the silent ones of football who seemingly must be aware of this sort of behaviour and do nothing about it from the top down is unbelievable but surely they are not ignorant to it all.

We all know what it,s like with any group of people after a good night out on the tiles when they next get together at their work place, everyone hears what happened.

Thank god most of what goes on these night outs doesn,t include premeditated gang bangs of this nature.

As OG says there is nothing boyish ( or manly ) come to that about this behaviour and what this woman was put through.

It is sadly a regular occurance by all accounts and needs stopping immediately.

<deleted>

marshbags mellow.png and sick.gif ened

P.S.

What are the F.A. ect. ect. doing while the no brain tw*ts continue with their sickening behaviour.

Let us hope the clubs, football institutions and police get a grip before it really explodes out of control.

The victim must be feeling suicidal, she is also someones daughter and her parents must be in a right emotional state, me i,d want to blow his boll#cks off

Edited by marshbags

some idiot sheffield united fans have been trying to organise a minute's chant and clap in support of evans at today's match. apparently the more human majority of the blades fans are preparing to shout them down.

some idiot sheffield united fans have been trying to organise a minute's chant and clap in support of evans at today's match. apparently the more human majority of the blades fans are preparing to shout them down.

While I did not mention what these idiot no brain supporters were planning, it has been reported all week in the local press but out of respect for the" decent fans on both sides of the city ", didn,t go into detail about it.

Credit and kudos to the supporters for showing their human side when it matters, who have during this time been condemning such actions.

Sadly apart from saying the club are waiting for legal matters relating to the case / a possible appeal, I cannot recall any constructive mention of their disapproval or a references to what has been going on since the conviction and the constant making of Evans an injured party, while trying to make the victim the offender.

Thank you for allowing me to post and updated information, we are after all in the most important part of the season and their are, as always many exciting scenarious building up top league downwards for all of us who enjoy the game of football and if you are like me, have several favourites after my the Owls, up and down the divisions.

This must be one of the best I,ve witnessed with so many differing scenarious and possiblities.

It isn,t over until the last game of the season for many of us, then there are the important play offs that for me always conjure up a few surprises.

Well done to Reading and Southampton for getting promotion.

No comment on steel city, I do not want to tempt fate by doing so.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

As an after thought for the good reputation of game and one plea from a majority.

If only the those who run football would do the right thing, not only in this case, but many others of various natures, perhaps the message could start to sink in that we are all accountable to right, wrong and good behaviour.

They really are role models and the biggest influence on the fans, especially the younger ones.

They all have a responsibility and need to alter their mindsets and start voicing their dis approval and showing openly, and public rather than their alledgedly doing so behind closed doors and with the offenders showing continued, genuine remorse.

IMHO as always.

Edited by marshbags