California Wow Fitness Bankrupt Sued By Bangkok Bank

Rimmer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From experience in banking, there's a long road ahead filled with restructuring, rehabilitating, haircuts and negotiating. It'll be a long time before the gym fully closes its doors; however, if the previous post referring to the closure of certain clubs is true (Bangkok and Pattaya) it'll mean that the remaining clubs will become even more jam packed than they already are! It's difficult to even imagine this as my last visit to paragon a while back (during evening time, mind you) was quite simply one big competition to get on the next piece of equipment.

At night at Paragon eighty percent of the weight machines are seemingly permanently occupied by morons playing with their cell phones. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration. It's an accurate description of their intelligence level. :) It will only get worse when the Silom weirdos turn up!

Hey, I wonder if I annoy them as much they annoy me..... nah!

if the previous post referring to the closure of certain clubs is true (Bangkok and Pattaya) it'll mean that the remaining clubs will become even more jam packed than they already are! I

When did someone post about the Pattaya club closing? There's no indication of that happening. It's probably one of the more successful branches.

... and how would the closing of the Pattaya club make it busier at other branches?

if the previous post referring to the closure of certain clubs is true (Bangkok and Pattaya) it'll mean that the remaining clubs will become even more jam packed than they already are! I

When did someone post about the Pattaya club closing? There's no indication of that happening. It's probably one of the more successful branches.

... and how would the closing of the Pattaya club make it busier at other branches?

Correct, there is no explicit mention of Pattaya (which is not what I meant when I said it will make other branches busier - obviously that would only be for Bangkok).

To say that Pattaya is one of the "more successful" branches would really depend on how many new members the club is able to attract per day/month net of operating expenses. It may be, it may not be. Only CAWOW financial analysts will be able to say with any sort of reliability.

Correct, there is no explicit mention of Pattaya (which is not what I meant when I said it will make other branches busier - obviously that would only be for Bangkok).

To say that Pattaya is one of the "more successful" branches would really depend on how many new members the club is able to attract per day/month net of operating expenses. It may be, it may not be. Only CAWOW financial analysts will be able to say with any sort of reliability.

Of course you are correct. There's no way to really ascertain the profitability of the Pattaya branch. Call it positive thinking - I want it to stay open!

Looking down the road, it's also possible that the Pattaya branch could run as an independent concern, even if the company goes bankrupt. They do have the benefit of a lot of casual customers. I see quite a few Russians in there these days.

I saw someone train without shoes. I told the guy at the PT counter to advise that person that it is dangerous for her little toes. The reply was: mai pen rai, which I think meant "mind your own business".

If you have a tendency to drop weights on your toes I'd suggest you train in steel capped boots.

Seriously, now many people drop weights on their toes? I never see it and I've never done it.

There is a sign at the entrance of the club that all members have to wear appropriate footwear to be allowed to the gym.

I saw someone train without shoes. I told the guy at the PT counter to advise that person that it is dangerous for her little toes. The reply was: mai pen rai, which I think meant "mind your own business".

Maybe she was just doing a few sets in between her boxing training. ALL the boxing training is done without shoes. How exactly would that bother you ? Her risk, same as driving without a helment.

There is no boxing training at Cawow.You don't call that joke they pretend boxing do you?

By the way I am a lifetime member for 4 years or so,but got an sms from Anna the other day that I could buy one more lifetime membership for 12.411 Bht biggrin.png

There is a sign at the entrance of the club that all members have to wear appropriate footwear to be allowed to the gym.

That's a pretty good piece of detective work there.

It doesn't matter what signs they have, absolutely nothing is enforced inside the gym. There is no floor supervisor and never has been... but they seriously need one and no training shoes is the least of their problems inside.

I wish they stopped guys taking in their huge training bags - quite a lot has gone missing over the years. Right now there are 2 D-clamps missing which means 2 heavily used machines are out of commission. I've informed a number of people, but still no clamps have turned up. Small weight plates are also becoming rare.

That's a pretty good piece of detective work there.

It doesn't matter what signs they have, absolutely nothing is enforced inside the gym. There is no floor supervisor and never has been... but they seriously need one and no training shoes is the least of their problems inside.

I wish they stopped guys taking in their huge training bags - quite a lot has gone missing over the years. Right now there are 2 D-clamps missing which means 2 heavily used machines are out of commission. I've informed a number of people, but still no clamps have turned up. Small weight plates are also becoming rare.

It's no detective work,the sign has a size that even one with vision problems could read it without his glasses,and probably would stumble over it .

There is even a sign that no bags are allowed upstairs.

I agree with you however that absolutely no rules are enforced in the gym.Reminds me about which country I'm staying.

Regarding the D-clamps I can hardly believe that they are stolen,more something like poor maintenance as we are used to from Cawow.

And for the missing of the small weight plates,I think you should look at the personal trainers instead of the members

Pattaya club is NOT closing, as far as I have heard.

It's no detective work,the sign has a size that even one with vision problems could read it without his glasses,and probably would stumble over it .

There is even a sign that no bags are allowed upstairs.

I agree with you however that absolutely no rules are enforced in the gym.Reminds me about which country I'm staying.

Regarding the D-clamps I can hardly believe that they are stolen,more something like poor maintenance as we are used to from Cawow.

And for the missing of the small weight plates,I think you should look at the personal trainers instead of the members

I'm vision impaired. I can't read the signs without reading glasses which I don't wear to the gym. (How could you possibly know what vision impaired people can see or not?) Not that I need to read gym signs anyway...

You have a lot more faith in the public than I do. They were very thick D-clamps and nowhere near failure (yes, I pay attention to D-clamps when I use machines), and I'll bet someone put them in their pocket - just as the small plates and assorted attachments went out the door in someone's bag.

Would you believe it, this is one of the reasons why bags are not normally allowed in gyms...

Edited by tropo

I'm vision impaired. I can't read the signs without reading glasses which I don't wear to the gym. (How could you possibly know what vision impaired people can see or not?) Not that I need to read gym signs anyway...

Why did you felt the need to call me a detective for pointing out that there is a BIG sign at the entrance.I also didn't use the word impaired,but whatever,I'm also wearing glasses to read but I can read the sign without any glasses,because it is so big that the one who can not read it would need a white stick and a dog.

Can you explain why you don't need to read gym signs as they are placed there on purpose.Is it that you feel you're above the other " ordinary" members?

Can you explain why you don't need to read gym signs as they are placed there on purpose.Is it that you feel you're above the other " ordinary" members?

Are you serious? You drew that conclusion because I don't read the signs.

I don't need to see a sign about training shoes. It's a universal gym rule in any half decent gym.

As you probably know, there is no enforcement of rules at California, so this debate is just a waste of time.

Anyway, let's get back to topic. California Wow is still alive and kicking.

Edited by tropo

Are you serious? You drew that conclusion because I don't read the signs.

No I came to that conclusion because you explicit wrote " Not that I need to read gym signs anyway..."

This has nothing to do with knowing the rules worldwide, a sign is put up with a purpose, and that is that visitors should read them, and can contain any information other than the standard rules.

Edited by pipo1000

No I came to that conclusion because you explicit wrote " Not that I need to read gym signs anyway..."

This has nothing to do with knowing the rules worldwide, a sign is put up with a purpose, and that is that visitors should read them, and can contain any information other than the standard rules.

Please go away - you're being ridiculous.

Edited by tropo

Please go away - you're being ridiculous.

Feels not good when someone takes you on your words.Strange that i'm not the first one,isn't it?

Feels not good when someone takes you on your words.Strange that i'm not the first one,isn't it?

... and on you go... I could keep on debating this, but it's a pretty dumb debate and way off topic. If we don't stop the moderators will do it for us...

... but I feel great. I had a very good workout yesterday and look forward to another later on today.

Edited by tropo

Looking down the road, it's also possible that the Pattaya branch could run as an independent concern, even if the company goes bankrupt. They do have the benefit of a lot of casual customers. I see quite a few Russians in there these days.

Wondering how would you know that... Does it say Russian on their foreheads or they come in waving Russian flags? ;)

Agree with that Pattaya branch can run independent. When I signed with them about 3 years or so ago I compared some clubs in Patt and this one was the best, it was also the busiest so with so my traffic they can run on their own.

Being best isn't really a good thing, it tends to be crowded later in the afternoon so I try to go earlier in the day when I'm in Pattaya.

As a side note, I've never renewed my membership not once and was never refused entrance, their books must be completely messed up... Wonder how long will it last till they cancel it.

Wondering how would you know that... Does it say Russian on their foreheads or they come in waving Russian flags? wink.png

Agree with that Pattaya branch can run independent. When I signed with them about 3 years or so ago I compared some clubs in Patt and this one was the best, it was also the busiest so with so my traffic they can run on their own.

Being best isn't really a good thing, it tends to be crowded later in the afternoon so I try to go earlier in the day when I'm in Pattaya.

As a side note, I've never renewed my membership not once and was never refused entrance, their books must be completely messed up... Wonder how long will it last till they cancel it.

They always swipe my Gym card and it shows the expiration date.

Wondering how would you know that... Does it say Russian on their foreheads or they come in waving Russian flags? wink.png

I find it easy to pick out Russians. It's even easier if they speak. Just be precise, I don't know what region of the old USSR they come from, but I use the term loosely.

I'm happy if they are very busy. The more the merrier. It's the only way they'll be able to keep the

doors open.

They brought in some new equipment today. Bioflex or something - someone said they are from a branch in Bangkok which closed down - but I can't verify that story.

Edited by tropo

Maybe they were speaking Russian. That would give you a clue!