Udon Thani - Paradise Hotel

happyaussie

On my way home for 3 month R&R and meeting wife and two girls in Udon for a night before heading back to sticks.

Searching Agoda and other sites the Paradise Hotel seems to stick out as a reasonable city centre hotel. However Trip Advisor gives it mixed reviews (understanding sometimes it's competitors who have friends write dodgy reviews).

The Central hotel doesn't interest me. Too corporate.

TaNita Resort is the highest rating on Trip Advisor. It also looks interesting and the girls would enjoy.

Any comments or alternate suggestions appreciated.

It may only be one night. But may as well make it a good experience.

Stayed at Paradise last year and it was not completed. Worth reading Agoda posts to see what people say now and if they have installed a lift. Last week stayed at @home at Udon on same street as Irish Clock and of course Night&Day. Car park lousy but rooms very good and paid 800B. Only opened this year. I couldn't park my car there because of low skirts and it doesn't take many cars anyway. Put car in N&D car park after making'arrangement' with the parking attendent. Was told by bargirl that cars left on road are quite often hit by drunk drivers both cars and bikes. Paradise also down dark lane from main part of town. There is another new hotel on same same street I think the name starts with P next to Irish Clock but Centara does have a lot of facilities. depends what you want. If not for car park I would go to @home anytime, bit boutiquish ie small spartan rooms which function very well and loook modern.

Tanita is nice but hard to find and the road in is crap. I guess local transportation would know where it is. The signs are small and some are in Thai.

Downtown in the Central Plaza area is the Home @ Home. Neww and nice 750/ night.

Just spend 2 nights at Paradise Hotel and enjoyed very much. Large room, clean, 40" flat screen TV, tasty buffet breakfast, excellent car parking, good pool, 2 minutes from Central shopping mall. For the money it's excellent value.

There is some work next door with some jack hammering. But not enough to annoy.

Would I return, absolutely.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spend 2 nights at Paradise Hotel and enjoyed very much. Large room, clean, 40" flat screen TV, tasty buffet breakfast, excellent car parking, good pool, 2 minutes from Central shopping mall. For the money it's excellent value.

There is some work next door with some jack hammering. But not enough to annoy.

Would I return, absolutely.

2nd time here and agree great value for money if your not budget hunting, also stayed in Centura which was also very nice and great location too but if you want to pamper yourself the Junior suites in Paradise are sweet on the bottom floor, walk out of the dining room into the pool area, nice deck chair directly outside the door and you can chill there and get served food and drinks. Its not a whole lot more for the junior sweet in comparison to the ordinary rooms in Centura depending on the day you book as Centura seemed to more expensive on Monday than it was on Sunday for some reason. Centura is only a couple of mins walk from Paradise also. Internet was excellent in both for Skype calls etc

Centura is better for facilities, Sauna, Spa, Gym etc but Internet was about €10 a day, Paradise have a nice pool and free internet but i dont think they have a spa, sauna or Gym as far as i know but i could be wrong

Edited by mrireland