Your Favourite Place For Cocktails?

JusticeFT96

At the moment I am going to sunrise tacos for my margaritas. Getting 1 litre of good quality cocktail for 500 baht beats hands down what I have had in the bars for a tiny glass of poor quality cocktail for about 200 baht.

Does anyone have any other places that are worth a mention? Or do you know of anywhere that sells good cocktail mixers that you add your own alcohol to?

Hard Rock is hard to beat for cocktails

Margarita and frozen Daiquiris at 799 a liter

was there last night, nice little sanctuary from the music festival and easy to access free parking!

Hard rock has some great music also. Luckily, wifey does margaritas, daiquiris and mojitos very well.thumbsup.gif And a mean martini.

Went to what I thought was mikes, infact it was sams mexican, had trouble explaining that I had seen their take away margaritas on their website until the owner came out and explained it was sams lol went to mikes, was closed, looks like they are doing up their place as it was covered in wooden scaffolding.

Hard to beat Tequila Reef for Margaritas. B130 for blended (strong) or B599 for a pitcher. I think the pitcher is more than 1 liter. We had large Margarita glasses and got 6 full drinks out of the pitcher. Plus my friend and I are both Frugal Freddy/PCEC members, showed our card and got 20% discount so only 80 baht per Margarita and no + + like they stick it to you at Sunrise. I avoid that place like the plague. Also same friend and I a couple of days before were close to the Texas restaurant in Central Pattaya. I had taken my group there a few weeks before and knew Margarita's were only B99 so we went in, decided on a pitcher. It was a small pitcher (less than a liter) and they filled it only 2/3 full. We said "hey fill it up" reply "no this is how full you get same as 4 drinks" We said why pay for 4 drinks (B399) in a pitcher, should be full "No this is how we always do it". Our reply "pour it back into the machine and just give us 2 margaritas. They did (small glasses and not full). Needless to say we did not order another. That place is going down hill since the owner has ignored the management aspect and figured he could rest on his laurels and the customers would pour in since "Bob's BBQ" went out of business just before he opened. Many lessons to be learned but I don't expect it to be open a year from now, farangs will not allow themselves to be treated that way.

Hard to beat Tequila Reef for Margaritas. B130 for blended (strong) or B599 for a pitcher. I think the pitcher is more than 1 liter. We had large Margarita glasses and got 6 full drinks out of the pitcher. Plus my friend and I are both Frugal Freddy/PCEC members, showed our card and got 20% discount so only 80 baht per Margarita and no + + like they stick it to you at Sunrise. I avoid that place like the plague. Also same friend and I a couple of days before were close to the Texas restaurant in Central Pattaya. I had taken my group there a few weeks before and knew Margarita's were only B99 so we went in, decided on a pitcher. It was a small pitcher (less than a liter) and they filled it only 2/3 full. We said "hey fill it up" reply "no this is how full you get same as 4 drinks" We said why pay for 4 drinks (B399) in a pitcher, should be full "No this is how we always do it". Our reply "pour it back into the machine and just give us 2 margaritas. They did (small glasses and not full). Needless to say we did not order another. That place is going down hill since the owner has ignored the management aspect and figured he could rest on his laurels and the customers would pour in since "Bob's BBQ" went out of business just before he opened. Many lessons to be learned but I don't expect it to be open a year from now, farangs will not allow themselves to be treated that way.

Where is tequilla reef? Also is that sunrise you are talking about there in regards to the pitcher or another place? Everytime I have got a take away margarita I take my own bottle to take it away in which is 1l, its always more than that and they pour the extra into plastic glasses for us.

i was at tequila reef 3 nights ago

i had a strawberry daquiri at Tequila reef

next night the same drink at Hard rock

there is no comparison

i had one glass at TF, it was awful and had three pitchers at the Hard rock

the hard rock is soooooo much better

you should cast off the frugal mantle one time Bob and give it a try

Went to what I thought was mikes, infact it was sams mexican, had trouble explaining that I had seen their take away margaritas on their website until the owner came out and explained it was sams lol went to mikes, was closed, looks like they are doing up their place as it was covered in wooden scaffolding.

The restaurant will re-open on 4 May I think but until then you can 'phone an order in to pick up or use Door2Door delivery service as the kitchen is still operating.

The Beach Club at The Pullman Asiawan on Wongamat. Lovely to sit right on the beach in comfy lounges...until thrash starts to float in with the tide! It depends on one's luck, I have sat there at sunset and it was lovely. And last time, it was like sitting at the edge of a rubbish tip.

Edited by doggie888888