Cheap Apt., With Internet?

haha

You should check some apartments close to the universities in town.

I live in the Huay Khwang area (in the area behind the Carrefour on Ratchada, and in the area of the Uni of the Thai Chamber of Commerce). My studio has high-speed internet. This apartment complex has all its rooms wired with ethernet jacks.

My rent is 5800 THB + utilities (internet comes in at 680/mo). Rent is cheaper on lower floors. I have to admit that I haven't been very happy with the Internet. It's been pretty slow pretty often, but I don't know how it compares with Thai DSL lines (the internet connection is shared through some impressive router gear in the office.)

However, the phone line is not dedicated and it cuts off after 12 minutes.

THe apartment is very nice and clean (it's very new), although it's not really BTS accessible - but there are many buses running to Victory Monument (from 15 minutes with light traffic to near 45 minutes in rush hour, shorter for trips coming in, however).

It's at Thanon Prachasongkhro Soi 27, and it's the PKLD apartments.. their office number is: 02-684-2800-14 or 02-694-1802-14. Be warned, they don't speak any English at all!