Suvarnabhumi Voted 10Th Best Airport Of The World

Lite Beer

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport was ranked as the world’s 10th best airport for its outstanding service under the category of airports handling 30-50 million passengers annually.

So out of all airports it is still nowhere near the top twenty.

And rightly so.

The title of the thread should be changed as it is very misleading indeed.

And you would be right, it does not even get a mention in the top 20 as far as the best airports go.

The world's best airports have been named at the annual Skytrax World Airport Awards, with South Korea's Incheon Airport taking out the honour for the second time after its first win in 2009.

The top 20 airports are:

1. Incheon International Airport, Seoul

2. Singapore Changi Airport

3. Hong Kong International Airport

4. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

5. Beijing Capital International Airport

6. Munich Airport

7. Zurich Airport

8. Kuala Lumpur International Airport

9. Vancouver International Airport

10. Central Japan International Airport

11. London Heathrow Airport

12. Copenhagen Airport

13. Auckland International Airport

14. Tokyo International Airport Haneda

15. Frankfurt Main Airport

16. Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport

17. Narita International Airport

18. Abu Dhabi International Airport

19. Kansai International Airport

20. Sydney Airport

http://au.yahoo.com/s/396589

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport was ranked as the world’s 10th best airport for its outstanding service under the category of airports handling 30-50 million passengers annually.

So out of all airports it is still nowhere near the top twenty.

And rightly so.

The title of the thread should be changed as it is very misleading indeed.

And you would be right, it does not even get a mention in the top 20 as far as the best airports go.

The world's best airports have been named at the annual Skytrax World Airport Awards, with South Korea's Incheon Airport taking out the honour for the second time after its first win in 2009.

The top 20 airports are:

1. Incheon International Airport, Seoul

2. Singapore Changi Airport

3. Hong Kong International Airport

4. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

5. Beijing Capital International Airport

6. Munich Airport

7. Zurich Airport

8. Kuala Lumpur International Airport

9. Vancouver International Airport

10. Central Japan International Airport

11. London Heathrow Airport

12. Copenhagen Airport

13. Auckland International Airport

14. Tokyo International Airport Haneda

15. Frankfurt Main Airport

16. Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport

17. Narita International Airport

18. Abu Dhabi International Airport

19. Kansai International Airport

20. Sydney Airport

http://au.yahoo.com/s/396589

Suvarnabhumi finished 10th in the sub-category of airports handling 30-50 million passengers annually, a new sub-category created by Skytrax.

So next time Skytrax will create a new sub-category "Airports in Thailand handling over 40 Million pax" , Swampy will be No. 1 and everybody will be happy!

• Like 1

I've been to Changi International and saw a swimming pool outside when I was walking to the gate! I don't understand why people want to take a swim in a airport terminal on departure!? ermm.gif

I've been to Changi International and saw a swimming pool outside when I was walking to the gate! I don't understand why people want to take a swim in a airport terminal on departure!? ermm.gif

It's also got free cinemas, free wi-fi, computers, laptop stations, gyms, games rooms for the kids, entertainment areas with X-Box 360 Kinect, PS3 gaming stations, mobile recharging stations, free foot massage machines, a few good pubs, good shopping, and the list goes on.

It speaks volumes that with a bigger budget to build from scratch that Suvarnabhumi isn't anywhere near the quality of Changi and fails in nearly every department in comparison.

A bit like a microcosm of both countries really.

Edited by FarangTalk

I reckon the people that voted for Suvarnabhumi were the people destined to use the shipment in the "

Record Marijuana Haul Seized In Saraburi

" wink.png

By the way, I bet that people would not be too quick to vote for suvarnabhumi if they knew that all the glass in the building (that includes all the stuff above above your head!) that is supposed to be tempered glass (that's what was paid for!) is in fact normal bog standard glass! If there was even a small explosion in there it would end up looking like the inside of a butchers shop.

If there even a whisper of truth in what you say then this is serious enough to "close" the bloody place down or are you just blowing hot air?

• Like 1

If it is true about plain glass used in the side and roofing of the airport, this is SERIOUS, A mega safety hazard for persons inside the building, any Quake, explosion, could be carnage. Is there anyway we can get proof of this plain glass used ????  A report re, this could close the job down, if international travel were to be informed.  Hope it's not true. Did gentlemanjim post this on 29-April ??.