Child Car Seats

Shot

I have a 2011 Dmax 4 door. I have recently fitted it with 2 Graco child car seats that adjustable. The angle of the back seat is very steep, and does not allow the back of the car seat to be adjusted back, so the kid’s backs are at about 90 degrees adjacent to their legs. This is all fine, until they fall asleep, and slowly slump over forward. The Graco instructions are very clear about having the back of the child seat directly up against the seat back for safety.

There are not any further instructions from Graco. Anyone been down this road? Any suggestions? I was thinking of just rolling up a blanket and putting it behind the base of the seats, but have no idea what would happen in an accident.

Thanks in advance,

Shot

I have the same problem with a Graco child seat in my Toyota Altis which is also quite steep.

The child seat tilt adjustment has a limited range.so when my child falls asleep she also slumps forward.

Most car accessory departments in Big C and Tesco sell children's round neck pillows. These seem to solve the problem by

supporting my 3 years neck when she is asleep.

Not sure about the safety aspect of this fix.....

I did notice that some of the Japanese child seats that were for sale when I bought the Graco, did have a 50 mm dense rubber seat-

wide booster that could be placed under the front of the seat to increase the slope angle.

Hope this helps.....

Sanuk

Edited by sanuk21