Police Protest Over High-Ranking Officer's Transfer Embarrasses Chalerm

webfact

Not hardly ambiguous.

It means it's so bad they can NOT deny it at all

and must concede they have not done as well.

i.e. massive loss of face thay can not possibly sweep under the table.

You know what you will find under that table Animatic.

That'l be cash on the barrelhead son.

How this police force is meant to run

No money down, no credit plan,

No time to chase you, I'm a busy man.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambigiuous? I'll tell you what's ambiguous - nothing, and thats precisely what you have provided as a source for your statement.

Incredible...............................

Provide the numbers and dates or swallow your incredulity.

The English used in that statement is inconcise and poor.

I've got to prove your statement!!! <deleted>? If you want people to believe a fact or statement either post something you can back up or don't bother.

Or just make note of something understood by all, who are not closed to it by partisan motives.

Ambigiuous? I'll tell you what's ambiguous - nothing, and thats precisely what you have provided as a source for your statement.

I've got to prove your statement!!! <deleted>? If you want people to believe a fact or statement either post something you can back up or don't bother.

Prove your own statement - you said that it was 6 months of PTP vs 2.5 years of the Dems.

By the way, anbody noticed any actions or news items involving the current national police commissioner? Seems to be very quiet.

I've noticed only one mention in the media - he turned up at the airport when there were very long departure lines at the passsport desks ( because about one third of the passport desks has been closed during renovations).

No protests, no violence, no danger - surely the national police chief should be spending his time on much more important matters.

• Like 1

Prove your own statement - you said that it was 6 months of PTP vs 2.5 years of the Dems.

Lets take it back to your original statement shall we?

Drug busts under the Dems are still way ahead despite the "war on drugs"

This says it all.

Source?

I asked you for your source for your post. To date you have not provided one.

I suggested a possibility for the source you had not provided. You said that source was imprecise and then ask me to provide a source to back up your statement, a statement that I disagree with?!!!

Do you not realise how ridiculous a situation that is?

Obviously not.........................

While I agree with your opinion on corruption stemming from Thailand's social and cultural foundations. I was wondering what would happen if the Government started paying decent wages so the guy on the bottom could live with out having to use corrupt measures.

Yes it is a shame that good officers are transferred out to where they can not do their job but it all started when they first came into the force and received a salary so low they needed to get tea money just to live.

I guess what I am saying is pay a wage that will not need tea money for them to survive on and give them an honest chance for a promotion and it will see a big reduction in the corruption rate in the police force,

Well that is my opinion.

The starting salary for police is insufficient to repay the loan they took out, to pay the bribe needed, to get the job. After that it becomes a habit.

My point exactly. Start them out so that they don't need to be corrupt. Try to stop it from becoming a habit and I might add be a little more selective of who they take in and give them some decent training before starting on the job.

I am not denying there is corruption but I am saying there is a way to lesson it and improve on the performance of their duties.

He did prove it was said but what he refused to do was say the statement was taken out of a whole bunch of statements he disagreed on. He just went down the list and said disagree disagree disagree disagree agree disagree disagree. I think I will post the one I agree on as proof.

The starting salary for police is insufficient to repay the loan they took out, to pay the bribe needed, to get the job. After that it becomes a habit.

My point exactly. Start them out so that they don't need to be corrupt. Try to stop it from becoming a habit and I might add be a little more selective of who they take in and give them some decent training before starting on the job.

I am not denying there is corruption but I am saying there is a way to lesson it and improve on the performance of their duties.

So you want them to be paid enough so that they can "repay the loan they took out, to pay the bribe needed, to get the job." And you think that being able to pay for the bribe will stop them from being corrupt?

While I agree with your opinion on corruption stemming from Thailand's social and cultural foundations. I was wondering what would happen if the Government started paying decent wages so the guy on the bottom could live with out having to use corrupt measures.

Yes it is a shame that good officers are transferred out to where they can not do their job but it all started when they first came into the force and received a salary so low they needed to get tea money just to live.

I guess what I am saying is pay a wage that will not need tea money for them to survive on and give them an honest chance for a promotion and it will see a big reduction in the corruption rate in the police force,

Well that is my opinion.

And it is false. The low salaries in all positions ripe for corruption revenue are a result of the "corruption culture" which goes right back to feudal times (not that far in Thailand's case).

What you're proposing is like saying pay the street soldiers and capo's in the mafia more money and they'll start being good citizens.

The purpose of the whole organization is that of a private criminal franchise scheme based on a network-marketing business model. No one involved with the Thai police are the least bit concerned with serving the public interest, or if there were some exceptions they'd quickly be weeded out.

And the police are the least of it - the only way it could ever be solved is a grass-roots revolution putting in a ruthless dictator with the morals of Gandhi, killing the mafia networks that currently run the country, sacking the entire civil service, military and police forces and starting over from scratch paying Singaporean consultants to manage the whole process and initiating a massive public education/brainwashing campaign.

Don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK