Uk Visa Success

Just a quick thankyou to everyone on the forum who have posted advice on obtaining a visitor visa for my GF to the uk.

The experience was quite daunting for my GF who speaks good English and is confident in conversation,she felt the ECO was trying to catch her out with questions about our travel to malaysia in the past.I had prepared her application in a well presented file using clear plastic pages to contain the information in an easily readable way,on presenting this file she was told to take everything out of the file and hand it in loose form and went to the back of the queue.Then the photo had been paper clipped to the application form not good enough must be glued and back of the queue again.

After arriving at 7:15 she emerged at 11:20 with a receipt to pick up her Visa in 2 days time,I had spent the 4 hours stood on Wireless road inhaling the fumes of the rush hour traffic as there are now no facilities for anyone other than the applicant .The British Embassy have a lot to learn !!!!!!

We then applied for an Australian Visa for travel in Feb thinking the UK visa for use in April will give a good reason to return to Thailand.The visa centre in Thai CC building was user friendly and we pick up the passport tomorrow when we will know if visa granted,will let you all know.