Accept Credit Card Transactions On-line

kwiz117

Hi

Can anyone suggest me a cheap solution for me to link to my newly created website to Accept Credit Cards?

The site is related to Tourism.

I need to accept money thru credit cards for my services and in some mean to get the money to my Bank Account or my Personal Credit Card Account or any other way.

I do not have a registered Company in Thailand but has Credit Cards from Thailand.

Paypal is not possible because I do not have a Bank Account in the countries they support.

What other options?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Have a look at 2checkout.com and paysystems.com. Both companies have $49 signup fees and transaction costs of about $.35 - .45 + 5.5%.

paysystems.com give money weekly whereas 2checkout.com offer bi monthly payment runs.

Integrate to your own web pages using their documentation. Just an html form with hidden fields.

If you have any integration hassles just drop me a line :o

Have a look at 2checkout.com and paysystems.com.

My local company, siamwifi.com, a network of for-fee WiFi HotSpots, uses 2checkout.com. Their web interface for administratation of your site is clean and intuitive. Easy to set up products and make changes.

One downside, billing is done with USD, not THB. If that is a show stopper, you can use SIBS (<http://www.scb.co.th/eng/eng_main_corp_paycoll_coll_paygate.shtml>) from Siam Commercial Bank. Your company must have been registered in Thailand for more than 1 year, and there are some financial requirements. Siam WiFI is not yet there so we have no actual experience as site owners with SIBS. I use SIBS when I pay my Loxinfo bill and it seems fine.

Good luck

I signed up with 2checkout.com when they first started. Had trouble right from the start as their online system showed payment checks were SENT to my bank account but they really weren't. After countless emails this went on for the first two months until they fixed their system.

2checkout.com is NOT RECOMMENDED, they really are thieves. Had a customer claim he didn't receive his items from my website. Faxing a registered airmail receipt with his signature on it still didn't resolve the problem, phone calls didn't help. Because 2checkout.com sides with the customer not the merchant, I lost all the funds in my account, the setup fee and the cost of the items sent to the customer plus postage.

Be very carefull about ecommerce ,and epayment here in Thailand ....

As everybody noticed , there is a bunch of society who can accept on your behalf (for you) the money from the customer for your services/goods ... that's good .. but after, the money must go in your pocket. Then there is 2 solutions :

or you collect check sending by the finacial company who get the cash, it take time, have a hight cost, and also a risk ... you just have to read the comments about some company in this threat.

Or you collect directly the money from your customers ... In western countries you can use Paypal (personnal business) or verisgn (SME) HERE ...... YOU CAN NOT ... The law authorize only the Thai banks to do business with money ... take informations about it at Western Union, as I am french I can really explain a law in detail, but the fact for this business is :

you must pass through KasikornBank (my advice) or SCB.

Also there is another solution, you open a commercial bank account here in thailand, and then ask to have another account but in SillyPore or HK ... then you will be able to collect online your money in your foreign account, and after to move it cleanly here by the usual banking system (SWIFT for exemple but it's costly).

this is what I advice my customers.

ask me if you need more infos.

Hi,

Sorry for being a little commercial here. :o

We can do transactions in all currencies including Thai baht. Depending on the the account option you select we can process Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Rates for our entry level account option can be found here:

http://www.payzipmerchant.com/pricingandfees.html

We do require that you have a legally registered company, any country is fine.

With our new service Payzip you get an online account that you can use for paying your international bills, sending money to any bank account in the world or simply withdraw your available funds with a Visa Electron card that is connected to your account.

Payzip is also available for cardholders. Please read more at http://www.payzip.com

Regards,

Michael Jenselius

Asiadebit / Payzip

Maybe somebody knows or had some experience with iKobo - online payments transfer service.

iKobo is a relatively new player in this market. Their online money transfer rates are the cheapest I saw so far. On the other hand, their charge back policy is a bit confusing, and support they provide is lacking a personal touch. So, any feedback on this service would be much appreciated.

With our new service Payzip you get an online account that you can use for paying your international bills, sending money to any bank account in the world or simply withdraw your available funds with a Visa Electron card that is connected to your account.

Asiadebit, are you sure you can send money in ANY countries????????? Does the las in thailand have changed the past 6 month?

For what I know, moving money online, for commercial purpose is only allowed to the Thai banks, and that only for the companies who exist since more than 1 year (SCB) or 1 year and half (Karsikorn Bank) and who can show a bank sheet prooven they do business really. As you can also understand it's not allowed for personnal purpose.

Now about retrieve moeny with a visa card from a bank account who is not in thailand, there is a bunch of good firms who propose this service, but it's different of do business in Thailand and make this business earn money online.

Regards

Hi,

I can assure you that we can transfer funds to any country in the world. We are incorporated in Singapore, thus not affected by Thai banking rules and regulations. Singapore enjoys more relaxed banking regulations.

Even in Thailand it is possible to transfer money abroad but you need to produce a lot of paper work for each transfer such as invoices or something similar to backup the reason for your fund transfer.

Regards,

then, I apologise by advance if I misunderstood, you reply was only an advertising. But Maybe I misunderstood you.

Let me given an exemple .. real exemple.

I do a legal business here in Thailand, exportation in California (USA) of doll's outfits. It's p2p business. All my customers need to pay online, and I need to have the money here in thailand. For accounting purpose (Yes I have also a Tax office number, and Yes I pay taxes here in thailand) I need to retrieve the money customers by customers (if I sell 10 dresses at xx.xx us $ , I need to have 10 transaction on my professional bank account) Do you get my point? Does your society can do that????? Are you absolutely sure you can do it??????

The fact you are in Sillypore give nothing much as facilities to do ebusiness here in thailand, except the fact that the electronic transferts from S'pore are cheaper than from USA any banks (even mine in France ) can do that lol the fees are about 18 bucks for 500 $.... But I don't need electronic transferts, I just need a system like Paypal (in fact it's not me who need it, but I have a bunch of customer (I am webdesigner) who will be very glad to use your services).

A complete,documented and technical answer, and WITHOUT advertising, will be fully appreciated, I am sure many people will be really happy to learn what about that.

Regards

Hi,

Let me explain how it works on our end, then you can see how it would affect your books.

If you use our service, we act as your reseller. This means that legally we sell your product and charge the customer. Your company then fulfill the order by shipping the product to the customer.

Since we act as the reseller, we charge the customer and then we pay you your residuals after our sales commision (currently 5.50%). Your money is then deposited to your online Payzip-account on a weekly basis. Once your funds are available in your online account you are free to do what you want with your funds. This includes:

- Wire the money to your local bank account in Thailand for a fee (or any other bank).

- Send money to someone with an email address (similar to Paypal).

- Withdraw the money as cash using the Visa Electron card that is connected with your account.

- Simply keep the money in your Payzip account.

So to explain your issue, we can't make 10 deposit entries in your bank account if you make 10 sales. We deposit you a lump sum based on your total sales during a week. Is this what you meant?

If you really need to have matching sales entries in your bank account, the only way to do that would be to obtain a merchant account directly with a Thai bank. I don't see the need for that though from an accounting point of view.

It is not illegal to outsource the sales process in Thailand or any other country. This is exactly what you would do if you use our service. You act as the supplier, and we sell your products.

If your customers has an Payzip account as well it is even easier. Then they can pay you using an internal transfer and that is free of charge and executes instantly.

I hope this is the technical answer you were looking for.

Regards,

At first I apologize, because I will certainly be rude.

----------- SNIP ----------

Offending post removed by Admin

------------- /SNIP ----------

P.S. I repeat apologize if I was to rude/impolite/offending ... in this post. I have just express my true feelings, and like it's feelings they reflect only my own opinion/point of view.

Edited by george

As an innocent bystander / reader of this thread, I am certainly happy that Asiadebit made their posts. I run a web business that accepts credit cards internationally, and found Asiadebit's posts to be on-topic and informative. Many of the payment processors located in the United States have limitations on them that hinder doing business internationally... Asiadebit's service appears much more flexible and was very pertinent to the topic at hand.

I don't understand why an assault was launched against them.

Joe

I did invite Asiadebit and asked them to inform about their services.

Well done George!

And I also like to thank the Asiadebit for clear explanations about their business.

George, how about inviting the repersentatives of iKobo, as well.

This would be indeed very helpful to the board members!

i used ikobo.com recently as a merchant...they send you an atm card just as soon as the first customer pays you. it works out here in thailand as i pulled baht out of an atm yesterday . it is the most generic looking card i have ever seen:

the atm card is called i-kard and doesn't have your name on it, simply has your account number and then below is printed:

money anytime

money anywhere

the back of the card doesn't have a signature area, just the logos of star, pulse, plus, mac, nyce and palm desert national bank holds the funds.

they have a visa electron version that they will send to thailand and other asian countries that might give you a better atm withdrawl/exchange rate.

I am about to embark in Internet commerce so this info is of value to me.

I think Sting is in the market for an entirely different service from what asiadebit offers, so can't understand why he's bothering to get involved in this discussion at all.

I for one am very grateful for the asiadebit posts, which seem very clear, concise and totally free from advertising.

Dear AsiaDebit,

I've been considering setting up an account with AsiaDebit for a while and the new payzip looks very interesting.

The most important thing for me is to find a reputable company, than can offer real backup, can you tell us something substantial about AsiaDebit? How many employees do you have? How many traders are you providing services for? etc...

The whole Payzip.com, Asia Debit Pte. Ltd, Singapore, Payzip (Europe) Limited, London looks very impressive but is it all real?

If the answers look good, then I hope to making an app. with you shortly.

Thanks

J

i used ikobo.com recently as a merchant... it works out here in thailand as i pulled baht out of an atm yesterday <terrible exchange rate & $3.00 atm withdrawl fee>...they have a visa electron version that they will send to thailand and other asian countries that might give you a better atm withdrawl/exchange rate.

Re: iKobo customer service

Dear George,

Unfortunately, I'm unaware of a proper email to iKobo customer service. All replies I got from them (I think) were auto-generated.

Maybe huski can help us, since he has more experience with them!

huski, will you please?

Also, please inform if it's possible to withdraw in US dollars, or just in Baht.

Let me explain how it works on our end...

we act as your reseller...  we charge the customer and then we pay you your residuals after our sales commision (currently 5.50%). Your money is then deposited to your online Payzip-account on a weekly basis. Once your funds are available in your online account you are free to do what you want with your funds:

- Wire the money to your local bank account in Thailand for a fee (or any other bank).

- Send money to someone with an email address (similar to Paypal).

- Withdraw the money as cash using the Visa Electron card that is connected with your account.

- Simply keep the money in your Payzip account.

If your customers has an Payzip account as well it is even easier. Then they can pay you using an internal transfer and that is free of charge and executes instantly.

I hope this is the technical answer you were looking for.

Regards,

Re: Some clarifications

Dear Asiadebit,

Thanks for clear and concise explanations of your service posted on this board.

Please clarify the following:

1. What is the cost of:

- transferring money from online Payzip-account to a personal Baht or US Dollar bank account in Thailand?

- withdrawing the money as cash using the Visa Electron card that is connected with the account. (we've heard that iKobo charges withdrawal fees and provides poor exchange rates!)

Also, what's the cost and how to obtain the Visa Electron card?

2. Is it possible to pay deposits using your service? For example, if my online customer wants to book a vacation package that costs $1,000, can s/he provide a booking deposit of $300 only.

3. Who is in charge of handling chargebacks: you as the reseller, or the supplier of the products/services?

Should the customer ask for chargeback, let's say, after 6 month, and after s/he already used the services. What would happen in such case?

Since you deposit transactions as a batch on a weekly basis, and probably every transaction in the batch shares the same batch ID, how an individual payment could be identified?

4. How I can offer to my customers to open a Payzip account and what's the cost?

If the cost of transferring money from one Payzip account to another is FREE, does it means that there is no sales commision for me as a supplier of the products/services (currently 5.50%).

5. As an owner of Payzip account can I accept payments by checks issued by some companies (mainly in the US) I'm affiliated with. If yes, how much is the cost, and how such process should be implemented and executed?

Thank you.

huski, will you please?

Also, please inform if it's possible to withdraw in US dollars, or just in Baht.

yes you can withdraw US dollars from an atm if you are in the US. i am thailand so the atm gives you baht.

i signed up for the US version and had my sister send the card to me here in bangkok to try it out.

the visa electron version is better if you are living in thailand as it may give you a better exchange rate at an atm and is accepted for purchases at stores around thailand. i am going to signup again with my thailand address and try the asian account version out. i found ikobo as i was looking for a paypal alternative for new online customers that don't want to wait for paypal's credit card verification when they first signup for a paypal account.

note that ikobo requires someone to buy something or send money to your account before the atm card is sent to you.

here is some info from a popup window when i log into ikobo.com

Free i-Kard Shipping to India, Philippines, Russia, Romania, and Thailand, Ukraine 

iKobo is proud to offer free shipping of the new Visa Electron i-Kard to India, Philippines Russia, Romania, and Thailand, Ukraine

Your first transaction up to $200 is still free plus now you pay no delivery fees, and the i-Kard is still free!

Details of your new Visa Electron i-Kard. 

ATM fees will be lowered from $3 to $1.50. You can now use your i-Kard to make purchases anywhere VISA is accepted

Replacement of the new i-Kards will start the third week of November

You can still use your new i-Kard to withdraw money at over 800,000 VISA ATM machines worldwide

*i-Kards held by customers in the United States will not be replaced.

as you can see they won't replace existing US versions of the card so i will sign up as a new merchant living in thailand
Sending and Receiving Limits

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Q: How do I raise my limits?

A: Complete the form located at https://secure.ikobo.com/faxraiselimits.html. Once we have reviewed and approved the form, including the required information, we will raise your limits. You have to complete at least one transaction before raising your limit.

Q: How much can I receive?

A: Initially, you will be able to receive $205/month. If you need to receive more just contact [email protected] and request an increase.

Q: How much can I send?

A: When you first register for an account and verify your credit or debit card you will be able to send up to $205.00/month. If you need to send more just contact [email protected] and request an increase.

The most that you can send in one transaction is $1,000.00.

the limit is 205 dollars for receiving payments which is worthless if you are serious about online selling. you need to print out the cover sheet and a copy of a utility bill, your id to a fax machine in Marietta, Georgia.

it looks like ikobo is trying to tap into the asian market as paypal won't let you have an account in thailand. there is a method of getting around that so paypal is my choice for accepting payments.