Anyone Used Fedex (Or Similar) For Posting?

giddyup

I want to send a fairly expensive watch through the mail and want to know the safest way to send it, preferably with insurance. I have used EMS before with no problems, but it didn't carry any insurance. Also a mail service that provides a tracking number would be good.

Fedex/DHL are good - UPS lost my package 6 months ago and I am still chasing them for compensation.

I've just had two packages sent out to me via UPS, same size and weight. They were both picked up at the same time, from my parents house in the UK. One arrived in just over 48 hours, the other took over 3 weeks.

All UK passport renewals through Thailand use DHL which I think speaks for itself

That surprises me. I know for Thai passports in the UK the Thai embassy puts them in a diplomatic pouch and sends through Thai International.

I'm surprised with such valuable documents that the UK embassy here doesn't do the same sort of thing.

Then again.....nothing that the FCO does (or doesn't do) surprises me any more.

Edited by LucidLucifer

yeah....I used the DHL office on sukh soi 12 in BKK (across from Sunrise Tacos) to send my passport to Vietnam for a company visa issue and everything OK with the return of the document to my P.O. box in Suphanburi...no problems...

but check out their opening times as it's about 1100hrs in the morning as I remember...had a nice plate of tacos and a beer while waiting...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Fedex are OK here but I had problems with them in India .... so it may depend on where you are sending the watch to. I've found DHL to be very reliable.

Where is the FedEx office in Pattaya?

Fedex are OK here but I had problems with them in India .... so it may depend on where you are sending the watch to. I've found DHL to be very reliable.

Where is the FedEx office in Pattaya?

Pattaya - Naklua road. Heading from the Dolphin roundabout, it's about 200m on right hand side - I think it is located in the Windmill Plaza.

I used them about 2 weeks back to send documents to Jersey. Took 3days and cost Bt1,150. Happy with the service and was cheaper than an EMS quote from the Central Festival postal outlet on the ground floor.