Central Park 4 - 4/2 - 5

DrTuner

I've been looking for a house in Pattaya (I know the laws on land ownership, etc, etc, not looking for info on that) and currently have set my sights on the three Central Parks on the southern dark side. Size of the houses&plots seems OK, but what puzzles me are the few obviously deserted houses in 4&5. They seem a bit odd, would be nice to know the story behind them. Couldn't find anything in Google or with a search here.

Has anyone lived in those villages or have any information on the immediate area ? I've been living in Pattaya for a few years already, but not in that area and am looking for experiences and opinions on that specific part of the city. Here's a link for those who are not sure which villages are the ones in question: http://wikimapia.org...l=0&m=s&tag=949

Thanks in advance for any possible insights.

Not interested in one in Central Park 3 by any chance??

I've lived there, a nice village but the plots are a bit small, with the exception of the ones nearer the pool. And the bigger ones carry a price tag of >7M, where as the ones in 4&5 with comparable plots are around 4-5M. The location a bit further away is acceptable to me, so I'm looking there.

Dont forget to check out the number of defaulters on the annual maintenance fees in any resort/village. Without all co-owners paying their fees financial problems soon arise. Empty houses in villages often equals more defaulters.

Dont forget to check out the number of defaulters on the annual maintenance fees in any resort/village. Without all co-owners paying their fees financial problems soon arise. Empty houses in villages often equals more defaulters.

Good point. Especially 4/2 and 5 are not large villages, it would make an impact. At this point I don't have an idea where to start looking for defaulters, but if I decide to start the actual purchasing process I'll set a lawyer loose anyway, adding this query to the list. Thanks.

Not interested in one in Central Park 3 by any chance??

I've lived there, a nice village but the plots are a bit small, with the exception of the ones nearer the pool. And the bigger ones carry a price tag of >7M, where as the ones in 4&5 with comparable plots are around 4-5M. The location a bit further away is acceptable to me, so I'm looking there.

Sensible thinking, you could buy a Merc with the saving to get downtown with.

I had a good look around the darkside before buying in a small older village in SSCC. From my experience the empty houses are mainly due to unrealistic rents or sale prices and the thai mentality of take it or leave it. Could never understand why they prefer to leave a house empty and deteriorating for months on end rather than accept a slightly lower rent.

I have relocated out of Thailand and my place is for sale by the way. PM me if you would care to have a look.

Edited by canman

I lived in Central park 5 for 2.5 years, nice, quiet, comm pool/common area kept clean, I know 3 houses who are owned by Falangs but only use them some months of the year. The ones I knew that were up for sale, were asking stupid prices and/or unrealistic rentals.

I have been on Central Park 4/2 for 18 months. Absolutely no complaints..

Maintenance is up-to-date to the extent of a collected kitty. spending is done wisely by residents comittee

recently upgraded street lighting, new gate and estate facia...

There are a collection of families American, Russian, Austrian, English and the kids all play amicably

I have had no experience or heard of any break-ins or trouble....

Central Park 5 is a different developer, I was interested in Buying the two derelict houses by the communal pool.

came to a deal with the bank over the course of a few weeks, then when it came to sign the bank acted

as there had been no negotiations and reverted to the original asking price and wouldn't budge!!!!

The Estate looks ok although there are a few empty/unoccupied houses that have become a bit run down which

I am sure will peave off the other residents

Edited by MrPlumbs

I went to see one of the houses for sale in 5, liked the layout, especially the open kitchen as I like to cook. The owner responded to the question on the village maintenance fees by saying they were prepaid for a few years more by original residents. I'm not sure if I believe that, but I did get a chuckle from his tale that the money was further invested into the stock market, I wonder how's that going .. oh well, the pool looked good.

As for the most important question: there isn't any karaoke bar within a mile, is there ? Would be a deal breaker, I hate the howling blink.png

^ i have houses on Central 4 & 5 if you have any questions feel free to ask, you will get a truthful answer.

Village maintenance fees were prepaid by all the original properties, (100k per property) these monies were invested, at current outgoing believe Central 4 is good for another 21 years, central 5 about 14 years.

One of the +'s living in this area is the roads - no traffic jams, always easy to get in and out.............

There are some properties that were bought from plan by investors ? they have never been lived in though most have some sort of maintenance ongoing....

Edited by CGW

Good to see the prepaid thing matched. I do have a question, every time I've popped by to check the houses, the villages have been practically deserted. Me and my wife have got kids 7&11y old (and one more coming up in 4months), are there other kids around, as our kids are quite social and company would be welcome ?

My first doubts on the cause of the empty houses (such as a village fewd, chainsaw massacre or a serious phee-problem) have already subsided somewhat, thank you for the answers.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Once the sun starts to go down adults & kids start appearing on the streets, by about six pm the streets are as busy as they get!

Central 5 was developed by the same person as 4 & 4/2.

• 5 months later...

Hi , i live in central park 4/2 and i think 1 off the best villages to live , very quiet only 30 houses ,

means swimmingpool , fitnesscenter , everything has been taken care very good ,

and 1 off the most clean villages in pattaya.

I have seen many villages after sold not been take care good or where there are to many houses ,

not clean at all .

At central park 4/2 you see the difference on every point .

sincerely regards