Greg'S Kitchen

BugJackBaron

I had breakfast at the new locaton of Greg's Kitchen restaurant (across from Tiffaneys -located along a private lane along "Drinking Street". Much better than the other locaton on 2nd Road since it is quiet (during the day ) and no bus, truck, or car fumes filtering in. Plenty of parking also... Easy for a baht bus ride also, just a few steps from 2nd street. It was a good move.

Why would anyone bother with a 180B set breakfast in this place when you can get an entire buffet brunch in a fairly classy place like Casa Pascal for less cost?

Seems a bit daft to me.

• Like 1

Why would anyone bother with a 180B set breakfast in this place when you can get an entire buffet brunch in a fairly classy place like Casa Pascal for less cost?

Seems a bit daft to me.

Because you cannot get a proper English breakfast in pascals. Pretty obvious. Not everyone worries about their pennies, darrel.

• Like 1

Seems a bit daft to me.

Some of us prefer quality over quantity. We don't need to eat 4 kilos worth of food.

• Like 1

Seems a bit daft to me.

Some of us prefer quality over quantity. We don't need to eat 4 kilos worth of food.

I think Darrel is suggesting that there may be a qualitative issue - apart from pricing - and location.

Because you cannot get a proper English breakfast in pascals. Pretty obvious. Not everyone worries about their pennies, darrel.

I wonder what Greg's breakfast has that makes it better, apart perhaps from beans which Casa Pascal don't do?

Personally I would much rather forego the beans (which I dont like anyway) and have some freshly-baked croissants and a few extra cups of coffee with my bacon and eggs, not to mention the two sorts of honey with my toast (made from several different types of freshly-baked bread).

• Like 1

I wonder what Greg's breakfast has that makes it better, apart perhaps from beans which Casa Pascal don't do?

Personally I would much rather forego the beans (which I dont like anyway) and have some freshly-baked croissants and a few extra cups of coffee with my bacon and eggs, not to mention the two sorts of honey with my toast (made from several different types of freshly-baked bread).

I have yet to find a freshly baked croissant In Thailand that meets western standards (possible in Laos and Cambodia) but maybe I will try Pascal again. Most of the time the condiments are cheap fast food varieties too. I agree it would be nice to have an unlimited coffee - very few places here offer that.

Anyways, I found Greg's new location and despite his promise of "smaller portions" , the lunch

special of 220 Baht gave the same large portion as before.

Well worth a visit.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Try the croissants at the Woodlands Resort bakery shop near the dolphin roundabout - they're probably the best I've found in pattaya.

I also like the croissants at Boncafe a little further up Naklua.

Agreed.

Another hidden bakery gem is Naklua Soi 12, just before the Zign Hotel.

You obviously have no idea what a proper English breakfast is.

On the contrary, I know full well what it is. I just dont like all parts of it (notably beans and sausage).

Casa Pascal's buffet seems a much better deal both qualitatively and quantitatively. Cheaper too.

On the contrary, I know full well what it is. I just dont like all parts of it (notably beans and sausage).

Casa Pascal's buffet seems a much better deal both qualitatively and quantitatively. Cheaper too.

Point taken....so why are you commenting on Gregs if it doesn't suit your particular taste? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I don't mind the baked beans and really like the English sausage if it is any good. English breakfasts can be excellent if the ingredients are up to snuff.