Where To Find A Notary In Bkk?

Kodan

Just wanted to say, I had to certify a copy of my passport the other day. Piak at Sunbelt (Fortune Tower) did that for 1000 baht.

He also included his certificate that he is a notary and paper was stamped w/ seal etc..

Good luck.

Thai law does not recognize notarial services. Better find out what the actual requirement is from the entity to whom you will supply the document.

For example, the US Consular Services section at the US Embassy will, as noted above, notarize some documents, and take sworn affidavits for some Thai government requirements, notably getting a Thai driver's license, or establishing income for an extension of stay. Since Thailand has not yet enacted an act of parliament to recognize notaries, the Thai Lawyer's Association makes the rules, and only lawyers, with special training, can certify documents. This may or may not be sufficient for your needs, but only the recipient will know.

Good luck.

Your Embassy will probably do it, I know the U.S. Embassy will for about $50 bucks I think.

Correct, U.S. Embassy will do for $50.00, appointments are available on line but not totally necessary

Thanks for all the input ... I will check around and see what I can find out. One problem is that right now Im in USA and the wife is trying to get something notarized to submit to the US Embassy.

Thanks for all the help.