2Nd Visitors Visa

hi all

last year, my girlfriend applied for a visitors visa for the uk which was granted & she came here for 2 months before heading back. no interview, it was granted back on evidence i think, we gave bank statements, pictures, phone bills & about 400 A4 pages of msn chat.

so this year, round two, we are applying again, same again really, visitors visa for her to come & see me (i fly to BKK too much she can come see me dry.png ), anyway, is the process any shorter this time i do i need to get my highlighter pen back out. my thai friends who see quite clued up suggest that with a 2nd visa, i just need a brief letter of invite & my bank statements but this seems a bit "light", I checked the basics thread but it really doesnt discuss 2nd visas.

any thoughts or ideas?

bubbles :)

Hi there bubbles ?

My Thai gf recently did her second visitor visa (to Australia) and very few supporting documents were supplied. Just the essentials.

WOW ... 400 A4 pages of msn chat (I hoped you duplexed them).

I doubt that they would have read 4 pages, let alone 40 pages of them.

Maybe have a look at this tread ... ... it's based on a second application to the Australian Embassy, but there might be some points of correlation.

Our experience was that the 2nd Visa was a breeze because the first visa was used in accordance with it's conditions.

With the 2nd visa, no phone calls, no 'additional information' and turned around in 5 days.

Good luck with your application ... thumbsup.gif

The application is a new application, and will be treated as such. Provide all of the same information that you provided last time, with updated documents where necessary. You can, of course, refer to the earlier application, and your girlfriend's visit, but failure to poivide the required documents could lead to refusal as the decision will be "evidence based".

Have just received a two year UK tourist visa. Will be wife's fifth entry to the UK.

Every time you apply is the same as if it were the first application.

Don't try and do shortcuts, you may be disappointed.

My Thai gf recently did her second visitor visa (to Australia)..................

David, I appreciate that you are trying to help and that a forum such as this could not exist without people like your good self offering their advice and experiences; but...............

The OP is asking about a UK application. As Australia gained full independence from the UK some time ago their visa requirements and procedures and those of the UK have no bearing on each other. There may be areas of similarity, but there are also areas of complete difference.

So, with respect, when someone asks about UK visa requirements, telling him about those of Australia is not, in all honesty, of much use to him!

• Like 1

cheers guys, thought i'd check first, makes sense that gets treated like a 1st time app again.

:) your right David48, they probably only read 4 pages of the msn, but my thinking was, go in with everything you got & don't hold back, glad it worked out