Certifiy Documents In English

Hollyc

Hi all!

I was hoping you could help me out! I lived and worked in Thailand for 2 yrs, and now I'm applyingfor residency in NZ. I have some documents (work contracts writting in English) from Thailand that I need certifying...and I need them to be certified in English.

Is there anywhere in Pattaya or close by where I can get them done?

Thanks for your help,

Holly :)

Presumably you mean certified copies? The organisation for which you are having them certified may stipulate what sort of person is acceptable as a certifier so it is important to check this first. UK banks are especially fussy about who can and cant do this, and they all have different rules.

I have had this done by notary publics, lawyers and a junior manager of my local bank. The prices varied from 500B to 300B to free, in order.

Other lawyers/NPs in Pattaya wanted 2000B or more (per page), and you can imagine how much joy they got from me.

So shop around and dont be afraid to negotiate hard.

Your consulate may also do it but some (the UK one notably) make a very high charge also.

Check with the organization to which you will be submitting the documents. What exactly do they want ?

- your affirmation that the documents are genuine ?

- certification from whoever issued the documents that they are genuine ?

Is this for the NZ Embassy ? If the requirement is for the first of the above, might they do it in their premises ? If the requirement is for the latter, ask the issuer to do it. A signature and company seal over a statement typed on the documents might be enough.