Question About 90-Day Reporting For Visa

Hello - I took a look at my passport a couple of days ago and saw my visa stamp expires on the 5th of May. However I notice that the Chaeng Watthana office is closed, as it is a Saturday. If I go on Monday should I expect any fines?

Previous circumstances during the week prevented me from going earlier, and I couldn't find a related thread through the search function.

Your help and advice is appreciated!

Note : Expect Immigration closed Monday 7th May. Substitution holiday for Coronation Day 6th.

Ref yr visa , think ok if attend first day open after expiry, but wait for more definitive answer from the experts.

90 day address reporting has a window of 15 days early to 7 days late so not a problem.

But your asking about visa reporting does raise questions as visa entry does not require 90 day reporting (unless one year retirement) and you must leave every 90 days or less. Believe you mean extension of stay 90 day address report?

As for actual visa visiting immigration next workday is always accepted (for extensions) if expires on a holiday.

90 day address reporting has a window of 15 days early to 7 days late so not a problem.

But your asking about visa reporting does raise questions as visa entry does not require 90 day reporting (unless one year retirement) and you must leave every 90 days or less. Believe you mean extension of stay 90 day address report?

As for actual visa visiting immigration next workday is always accepted (for extensions) if expires on a holiday.

I have a Non 'R' visa that I renew every year, but in that year I have to do a (you're right) 90 day address report. Sorry for the poor wording. I didn't remember the terminology. Thank you so much for your responses!!

Is there anything in the policy that states of the 7 days just in case any tricks may be pulled?

Also, even though Saturday and Sunday are closed days, and Monday is a holiday, that would leave Tuesday as the 4rth day. Am I correct?

Thank you again, you both helped me breathe easier.

AFAIK a non immigrant R visa is no different than any other such visa and only allows 90 day stay - to remain longer means you have extended your stay at Immigration so you are no longer on a visa entry but an extension of stay. Minor point for some but makes a great deal of difference when talking in a forum such as this.

If your report was due on the 5th and you report on the 8th believe it would be considered 3 days late.

Notification of staying over 90 days

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Thanks Lopburi3, I appreciate it. So even though the date to report was on the 5th (which is a closed day at immigration), and the 6th being closed with the 7th being a holiday, it would still be counted as late, correct?

Sorry I was taking my clue from your post and in agreement it was that number of days after the due date (not that it was late per rules). You are allowed 7 days after due date before the 2,000 baht fine is imposed. It would still be due on the indicated 90 day date but you would still have the normal 7 days from that date rather than first workday after it passed.

If you are talking about a 90 day address report 8th May will be not problem.

I for one am a little confused as to what you are actually asking.

Hi Lite Beer - no need for confusion, Lopburi3 actually cleared everything up. Anything after my initial question was strictly due to any misunderstanding I had. Thanks again, Lopburi3!!!

And just for a follow up for anyone else reading this in a similar predicament, I went yesterday (the 8th) with no problem whatsoever.

There was the rude bus host and driver, but other than that it was a breeze to and back.