Another Technology In Thailand Topic

Tywais

Some technology at Chiang Mai University. The videos are in HD if you go to YouTube to watch.

The first clip is showing how to make a DVD writer high power laser. This was just a 'fun, personal' project at the lab. Dangers of watching too many YouTube videos and getting 'ideas'. tongue.png

The 2nd one is of a high power induction heater I designed for a student's research project. Melting and stretching glass tubing into a capillary tube with an inside hole diameter of around 100 microns, less or equal to the diameter of a human hair. Actually made one even smaller than that.

I have more hair but an accurate representation of myself. biggrin.png

mad-scientist.jpg

Thanks for sharing Tywais, it was an interesting watch, the first video reminded me somehow of those new generation lighters you can see for sale at all tourist's markets nowadays, maybe it could be implemented in some steam's engine project....for the second video, as the comparison with the human hairs has already been made, together with the lack of them in Dr Cyclops, maybe there is a deal on the making laugh.png

Here is a project i think it could be of some use to our hot expats, i am thinking of a way to improve it further, maybe by using some liquid nitrogen instead of water and doing the necessary variations?

• 2 months later...

Another fun project in RF Plasma Technology. Designed and built with a friend of mine at the Chiang Mai University. Purpose is to do surface modification of various materials through ion implantation.