Transferring A Bike Recieved By Post

Ok, So I am trying to find a Honda Nice 110cc to use a s donor bike (engine, brakes, forks etc) for my Honda Chaly and have had no luck in Chiang Mai, but I have seen plenty online. I want to purchase one and then transfer it so the engine etc are in my name so if I get stopped I have a paper trail for all my parts. So, can I have a bike posted to me and have the greenbook sent to me and get it transferred (guessing the other party needs to start this process) or do we both have to be there to transfer it?

Thanks all, I am new to all the transferring procedures and tried using search to answer these questions but didn't see the answers

or do we both have to be there to transfer it?

No.

From the former owner you will need:

1. signed "Power of attorney" (Two of them, if the bike comes from another province) post-15975-0-87014800-1336266147_thumb.j
  2. signed "transfer document" post-15975-0-36437500-1336266187_thumb.j
  3. signed copies of a valid ID card and tabien baan (Two of them, if the bike comes from another province)
  4. signed valid "green book"

Also you need a valid insurance "parabor" and check if the road tax "passie" is paid in the last three years (green book page 16).

Otherwise, the book is invalid and you will need a new one!

And a lot of patience because ot this cra**y and stupid system.

Edited by vel_tins

Off subject as I am curious to ask about the spares you are using for the Chaly from the Honda Wave as I have a Honda Chaly at home and just had a honda wave engine installed in the Chaly but would like to change out everything possible as it has been sitting collecting dust for a few years.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Off subject as I am curious to ask about the spares you are using for the Chaly from the Honda Wave as I have a Honda Chaly at home and just had a honda wave engine installed in the Chaly but would like to change out everything possible as it has been sitting collecting dust for a few years.

Thanks

You can fit quite a bit, the front forks (they will require some cutting to shorten them), i am hoping the disc brakes are not too big for the Chaly rims, the controls and brake levers, the wiring harness, the shocks if they're better. Though you will have to be a bit creative with some things, like the wheel/splash guards will need a way to be mounted since the Wave fork will be different. Your Chaly will also be much taller than it is in stock form.

Vel_Tins: Thanks a bunch for the info. Luckily most people are showing a correct green book and taxes paid along with pics of the bike. But I still have to deal with sending $ and hoping they send the bike and that it arrives and is in the condition they describe....

Thanks

You can fit quite a bit, the front forks (they will require some cutting to shorten them), i am hoping the disc brakes are not too big for the Chaly rims, the controls and brake levers, the wiring harness, the shocks if they're better. Though you will have to be a bit creative with some things, like the wheel/splash guards will need a way to be mounted since the Wave fork will be different. Your Chaly will also be much taller than it is in stock form.

Vel_Tins: Thanks a bunch for the info. Luckily most people are showing a correct green book and taxes paid along with pics of the bike. But I still have to deal with sending $ and hoping they send the bike and that it arrives and is in the condition they describe....

Thanks for that I will look more into it when I get home as I'm sure I can pick up a cheap Honda where I am living, plus will give me something to do.