Where To Stay In Chiang Mai

glenn88

Hi

I will be in Chiang Mai in June for approx 1 month, and would like to know the best place to stay..( restaurants, bars, nightlife etc).

I have been to Phuket, Pattaya, Khon Kaen, Nong Kai and so many farang i have spoken too has recommended Chiang Mai.

Iam in Banphai at the moment, and even the Thais here have said that it's nice there.

Regards

Thapae Gate is the heart of the tourist district. I stayed down there for Songkran then after that I moved up to the Smiths Residence at Chiang Mai gate, they do a one month deal on a room for about 7000 baht. Decent hotel with pool etc, clean and modern.

You need to leave a 7000 baht deposit to get that deal, and your electricity and water usage is deducted from the deposit at the end, expect to pay about 1000 / 1500 baht for that over a month.

You can leave your deposit in your own currency, you won't find them on booking.com or other sites, you will have to contact them direct as they are always busy through word of mouth.

Actually, if you use the search function here on the CM forum, you will find several suggestions recently reported. Such a look-see will also glean for you many more responses and places where many people have suggested them.

I might have mes read him wrong but it did seem that he was looking for some thing along the lines of Nehimienham. Nehimienaman The one that turns into the super highway if you are going North on it.

Sorry about the spelling maybe the mod or some one else can correct it.

Then again I could be wrong and the Thai Pai gate type area is what he is looking for.

Chiang Mai has a lot to offer, depends what you are looking for:

If you are a bachelor gay or find the third sex entrancing then you can't go past the Nimmenheimen area, it also has lots a good coffee & leather shops and restaurants which you can cite as your fascination.

If a die hard sexpat then you need to be near Thapae, not necessarily the standard or youth of down south but in abundance and occasionally enthusiastic or at at least exhibiting a vague pulse. Also houses mad Dog Pizza so that you lay claim to cultural heritage and have a good excuse to keep scratching your balls and spitting.

If a married man many of the moobaans are OK, out of town and plenty of room to swing a cat. May even find the odd lonely bride of an oil worker nearby.

Should you be near the edge financially then an apartment near the railway could suit your needs, Thai style and usually comes with free Karaoke, albeit the more challenging out of tune variation.

If you are a Muslim then head to Changklan Rd, prayers audible all day every day, nappy looking brimless caps also available, very useful in the tropics.

If a Jehovah Witness bicycle shops abound everywhere, choose area based on whatever ever sin most fascinates.

No doubt I have missed a few covering animal husbandry and necrophilia but that should get you started...

• Like 1

Smith residence as mentioned earlier is within walking distance of Loy khro road. but this are a bit quiter than others as not so many guest houses. Smithhas a website just google Smith Residence Chiang Mai.