Children 'Must Learn Life Skills, Good School Marks Aren't Everything'

Youths need a good kick up the arse these days.

"The youth of today love luxury; they have bad manners and contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Youth are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up food at the table, and tyrannize their teachers"

A Greek bloke, a long time ago.

Yet so true for the today... except the part about not standing up when old people enter the room... kids always do that

if they want a drink they have one AND they wash the cup afterwards.

Well, they just need to tell you to buzz off w/ that Nazi shit. They gotta die of thirst if they don't wash the cup afterwards? w00t.gif So glad I didn't grow up in such an anal-retentive environment. I've done well enough, too.

There's such a thing as goin' TOO FAR. Them dishes can all be washed up later, all at once. Teach 'em efficiency, too, you see--another skill badly lacking.

Well if you don't wash it up straight away then the ants will be everywhere.

If you leave it all to be washed up later who is going to do all the washing up?

If you switch it on, switch it off when you have finished.

If you open a door, close it behind you

If you use it, replace it.

If you borrow it, return it

If you break it, tell me and replace it.

If you lose it, tell me and replace it.

Common sense and politeness.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

Well, they just need to tell you to buzz off w/ that Nazi shit. They gotta die of thirst if they don't wash the cup afterwards? w00t.gif So glad I didn't grow up in such an anal-retentive environment. I've done well enough, too.

There's such a thing as goin' TOO FAR. Them dishes can all be washed up later, all at once. Teach 'em efficiency, too, you see--another skill badly lacking.

If you leave it all to be washed up later who is going to do all the washing up?

Electric dishwashers and maids are the best at washing dishes; best leaving these things to the experts

Well if you don't wash it up straight away then the ants will be everywhere.

Obviously you're maintaining an ant infestation as a raison d'etre for your domestic regime . Read thru the many forum threads on how to solve ant problems by killing them all.

Better living thru chemistry, man!

Take turns?

Reminds me of a friend o' mine I sometimes stay w/ back in the States. He enforces such a regime on everyone, including guests. Whole place gotta be kept neat at all times, every light turned off, every piece o' lint snatched up off the carpet, every penny squeezed. Lord help you if you forget. It's SO uncomfortable and I'm glad when it's time to leave. Feel sorry for his family. It's mostly all about his power and control, you see. Not surprisingly his daughters both grew to hate him and got out as soon as possible. Now, in fairness, they both did pretty well afterwards--but neither turned out a happy person.

Edited by JSixpack