Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

the visa application review and approval is being done in Manila ( same for Thai, SG and Malay).

H

This information is incorrect, Thai visa applications are processed in Bangkok which is the regional centre for all applications made in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. If your application is being processed in Manila then this thread will be of little use to you.

Edited by Steve77r

This information is incorrect, Thai visa applications are processed in Bangkok which is the regional centre for all applications made in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. If your application is being processed in Manila then this thread will be of little use to you.

Oh dear, that is what I have been told. Confused!

Anyway, anyone who apply in aug please shout loud if you have a news from the Embassy. Thanks alot!

So to sum up visa applications for those resident in Singapore are processed in Manila, the applicant has to be legally resident in Singapore.

Bangkok processes applications from residents of Thailand, Vietnam and Laos.

Applicants apply at their local application centre who forward to the appropriate Regional Processing Centre, though I believe that those in Laos actually have to apply in Bangkok.

Hi Theoldgit,

My case is a bit complicated. I was working in Singapore and holding a EP card as permanent resident when I applied visa (Aug 24). I thought the visa will be released in the course of 3 weeks or 15 working days accordingly to my read of the processing time performance in Jun and July, hence I quited job on Sep 11. I am now living in Singapore on Isis pass as they cancel my EP card as soon as I quited job. Will they reject my application then? Please can you advise, I don't want to ask the embassy as it already 10th weeks processing time and I don't want to cancel my application. Thanks so much!

Hi Theoldgit,

My case is a bit complicated. I was working in Singapore and holding a EP card as permanent resident when I applied visa (Aug 24). I thought the visa will be released in the course of 3 weeks or 15 working days accordingly to my read of the processing time performance in Jun and July, hence I quited job on Sep 11. I am now living in Singapore on Isis pass as they cancel my EP card as soon as I quited job. Will they reject my application then? Please can you advise, I don't want to ask the embassy as it already 10th weeks processing time and I don't want to cancel my application. Thanks so much!

I'm pretty sure that as your application has been accepted by VFS and forwarded to the Regional Processing Centre they will more than likely consider your application, I think it's highly unlikely that they would reject your application at this stage on the grounds that you shouldn't have applied in Singapore.

• Like 1

Thanks so much Theoldgit, this note saves me from another sleepless night. It is such a terrible experience! I quited job and returned the apartment in Singapore so that we are ready to light off for England anytime. We have been living in hotel and expecting the visa will come anytime but it has been 10th weeks and heard nothing from them. I lost a job offer in London because I couldn't make myself available and my husband had to flight back UK for his new job 2 weeks ago. I am just sitting in the hotel waiting for the gracious visa stamp. So stressful! I have so many nightmares since :( God bless me !

Edited by Hanh Kanssen

I would have thought a couple of days, but that's only a guess, if they are content with the information they have asked for it should just be a question of finalising the paperwork.

Of course there will be the delivery time to Singapore, fingers crossed and let us know how you get on.

Yes of course I will update you guys of any news from them. I wish they will process my case as you predicted otherwise I have to do another visa run on Nov 7 which will again delay the process :((

Trembling and fingers crossed, please this nightmare soon over! Thanks so much for all your feeds. Really helps!

H

Edited by Hanh Kanssen

Can TVE or Keyvisa in fact anyone that's looking give me there average turn round time with the new visa applications please.

Cheers.

There doesn't seem to be an average time for decisions under the new rules. I do know of applicants, currently still waiting, who applied at the end of August, so it looks like a minimum of 8 weeks. Some applications will be more complicated than others, and some will be "easily" decided. For instance, the documentation to meet the financial requirement as a salaried employee is far less than the documentation required by a self-employed person. A salaried employee doesn't have to show audited accounts, self - assessment tax returns, etc. I can easily see that some applications will be decided quite quickly, and others may require more "evidence" in order to fully meet the requirements.

I have been informed by UKBA Bangkok that applications under the new rules are not being pre-assessed. I understand this to mean that applications received in the Embassy will not be looked at by clerical staff to see if any documentation is missing, or not as required by the "specified" requirements. It looks like all of that, previously pre-asessed, will now be done by the ECO ( presumably because the specified requirements are complicated ?). This can only add time to the process, and I have asked UKBA if they have any idea of a time frame for decisions. I haven't received a response to that question as yet ( I did only ask it yesterday, though).

Edited by VisasPlus

Latest figures on settlement visa processing times from UKBA for applications in Thailand for month of September 2012 are

Within 40 days = 5%

Within 60 days = 100%

Total Decisions made = 20

Remarkably few decisions - anyone have any idea why there were so few applications? Is it the new rule changes and everyone rushed to get applications in before 9th July so now there are very few?

When they say days I think they mean a working day i.e. 5 = 1 week so 40 days is 8 weeks lapsed time.

It would seem from the figures that the "average" wait time for a decision was about 50 days or 10 weeks. Maximum wait time was 60 days or 12 weeks.

Cheers for that. I know that 4 applications out of the 20 where made by easy visa and they where rejections one was mine and one was another guy from this site and they both took 11 weeks.

Can only guess that they pushed the average up.

Time will tell about this new application but I have high hopes for mid December.

The new application submitted on the 19th has been done by a very professional company.

The first app was also submitted under the new rules,He forgot more than one!, 2 mths wage slips, 3 weeks bank statements and my P60 O and my contract from work. Im supprised he found the VFS office smile.png lol

Edited by Kiggs

:)))

It's a weird day!

I have received 2 emails from the embassy today. The 1st email was to ask for 1 more evidence of the bank statement, this is on top of what has been submitted.

I haven't submitted this document yet while receiving another email. The content of this 2nd email is " your visa will be dispatched shortly. Normally you can collect at visa center after 3 days.....'

Can anyone help to clear my starch head and understand this sequence of events? Do I still need to submit the last document? Had I got visa already? The 2nd email state clearly " your visa will be dispatched shortly" which mean I have got approval, haven't I?

Thanks everyone for our opinion.

H

Our application has been with the embassy for about 1 month now. When I track it on the VFS site it just says that the application has been forwarded to the embassy. Do you get any other kinds of messages e.g. an ECO is looking at your application or is it just the same message until a decision is reached?

Thanks

So whats that ?? 37 applications done within 60days..

Just been thinking. Im sure i have seen about 5 results come back within 7/8 weeks. So in the world of immigration thats 40days! Something is not right.

Edited by Kiggs