Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

So, to update:-

darrylcfc: submitted 23/2, no news reported yet by member.

jingjingna: submitted 12/3, passport received 16/5, visa issued.

retard: submitted 16/3, passport received 21/5, visa issued.

simmsc: submitted 16/3, passport received 23/5, visa issued.

chogiekim: submitted 16/3, passport received 23/5, visa issued.

dracos: submitted 19/3, passport received 21/5, visa issued..

rightontime: submitted 19/3, email from VFS 21/5, no news of result reported yet by member.

jessicanguyenself: submitted 26/3 in Hanoi, still waiting.

tribalfusion001: submitted 27/3, still waiting.

farmerfred: submitted 16/4, still waiting.

arik: submitted 20/4, still waiting.

Note that I have used passport received date rather than any notification date or sent back to VFS date. It does seem that when posted or couriered some take longer to arrive than others. It also seems that you will get it back more quickly if you can collect it rather than have it posted or couriered.

I'll try and update once a week; but can't guarantee to.

• Like 1

I've doing some detective work this evening 7by7, 40 working days seem to be the average, UKBA processing times for Bangkok in March were 94% processed within 40 days. The 16th March applications were processed on 16th May, but some confusion over the VFS letters, delays in the postage, maybe because the applicant had asked for courier service they didn't post the passport/documents until the Friday or Monday? No one has collected, so don't know if the passport was ready for collection the next day. Dracos says the sms is only for True network, we did sms for a visit visa last year and never received one, we are on 1-2call.

Edited by tribalfusion001

We didn't have the SMS notification service (apparantly only available for True network?).

Dracos says the sms is only for True network, we did sms for a visit visa last year and never received one, we are on 1-2call.

Nothing in SMS Service or the SMS disclaimer and terms and conditions says that it is only available on True.

The latter does say

8. If the visa applicant does not receive SMS relating to these services. The visa applicant should inform VFS through email or helpline numbers.

Time lost like this on a visit visa could be crucial as it will cut into the time spent in the UK.

Not so much on a settlement visa.

Settlement visas are valid for 27 months, but to be time qualified for ILR you only have to be resident in the UK for 24 months. So you do have up to 3 months after the visa has been issued to sort your affairs out in Thailand and travel to the UK. No consolation if you are anxiously awaiting the result, I know.

The exception to the above are fiance and proposed civil partners visas. These are valid for 6 months and the holder has this time to travel to the UK, register the marriage or civil partnership and then apply for FLR; which will be valid for 24 months and then they will be time qualified for ILR.

We didn't have the SMS notification service (apparantly only available for True network?).

Dracos says the sms is only for True network, we did sms for a visit visa last year and never received one, we are on 1-2call.

Nothing in SMS Service or the SMS disclaimer and terms and conditions says that it is only available on True.

The latter does say

8. If the visa applicant does not receive SMS relating to these services. The visa applicant should inform VFS through email or helpline numbers.

That's why I had the question mark after. My wife has 12Call as well and when she went in to submit the documents I told her to get the SMS service. When she came out she said the VFS person that took the application told her we could not do SMS service as we were not on True network.

Maybe something lost in translation, maybe my wife just came up with an excuse because she forgot to ask, maybe the VFS person got it wrong. I can only speculate as I was not allowed to go in with her so was not a party to the exact events that happened. All I know is we did not pay for it and that was the reason my wife gave to me.

I am happy to be corrected when wrong or misinformed wai.gif

Just had an email from Bangkok visa info (UKBA), decision made on application, collect passport/documents tomorrow at VFS.

I hope it’s not another refusal, it’s only 39 working days, I was thinking it was going to be 40 or 41 working days. I wish I never started doing the stats now.

I’m going to pick up the passport/documents, she is working until 4.30pm, I typed out an authorisation letter a couple of weeks and got her to sign it.

Mr Living and Bingo, have you received an email today?

VFS call centre.

Telephone: +66 2-800-8050. Calls are charged at local rate

I'm afraid that the embassy will hold onto your passport until they make a decision as they need it to stick the visa into.

Edit:

Tribalfusion types faster than I do!

Edited by 7by7

I messed up on mine but nothing like tribalfusions?

Wasn't your refusal reason that you submitted a latest bank statement with no available funds? Seems you messed up exactly the same as me and because you messed up, like me, you have to start all over again. But that is life you learn by your mistakes...

Yes, My Indian lodger told me. Across the last entrance on your bank statement has to show available funds. So I started all over again with another £840. This time I have three bank accounts showing funds and a letter from the Bank saying my one overdraft is actually a secured loan with the mortgage. It will go through this time.

I thought you had more reasons like now 3rd party support