Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

12th march right?? Hopefully we hear soon then

A lady on ladyinter got her passport with visa attached through the post today, submitted 12th March. If they are taking 44 working days (not inc holidays), then 16th March applications could be ready be Tuesday 22nd.

Good luck. My partner is going to miss the Royal Jubilee concert. We all entered the draw and guess who won. My partner from Ubon. Well if he isn't here then I guess i will be sitting in the back garden of Buckingham Palace with two hampers.

Dear tribalfusion001 - Just reading your entries makes me proud of the UKBA. You've got no chance (relying on your parents? give me a break)

Two other people who are waiting on settlements visas have included 3rd party support and have either supplied job offers or self employed jobs that they will be doing in the UK, both are based in Thailand. Seeing as an ex UKBA employee advised me that 3rd party support is acceptable with job offers for my wife and myself. Would like to explain with your wealth of knowledge of immigration rules and guidelines why you think it will be refused?

If it is refused why don't you just get the EEA permit. She will just have to wait for 5 years for permit residency. I would have done the same but I'm Canadian I have never got around to getting my British citizenship. Or get a visitor visa sort yourselves out then she can go back and apply for the settlement visa.

Dear tribalfusion001 - Just reading your entries makes me proud of the UKBA. You've got no chance (relying on your parents? give me a break)

Two other people who are waiting on settlements visas have included 3rd party support and have either supplied job offers or self employed jobs that they will be doing in the UK, both are based in Thailand. Seeing as an ex UKBA employee advised me that 3rd party support is acceptable with job offers for my wife and myself. Would like to explain with your wealth of knowledge of immigration rules and guidelines why you think it will be refused?

If it is refused why don't you just get the EEA permit. She will just have to wait for 5 years for permit residency. I would have done the same but I'm Canadian I have never got around to getting my British citizenship. Or get a visitor visa sort yourselves out then she can go back and apply for the settlement visa.

My application is no different to others on here and another forum, whoever johnny gray is, he doesn't know what he is talking about. First application was refused, refusal reasons covered, parents 3rd party support is acceptable.

JohnnyGray appears to have very little knowledge of the immigration rules. Third party support is allowed.

Arik, Briish citizens cannot 'get the EEA permit' for their non EEA family to live in the UK, the non EEA family members have to apply under the UK immigration rules; unless they are all living together in another EEA state where the British citizen has been working or studying and are now returning to the UK.

This is not just a UK thing; it's in the EEA regulations. The same would apply for a French, German, Italian, whatever taking his/her non EEA family members to their homeland to live.

As I have already said, I have been in this position and know how stressful waiting for the decision can be, But take the long picture; you are preparing for a lifetime together. Although the wait (4 months) seemed an eternity at the time, looking back 12 years later it was nothing.

JohnnyGray appears to have very little knowledge of the immigration rules. Third party support is allowed.

Thanks 7by7.

Finally, data for March, 8 week average, official.

Settlement Visas

2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days 0% 0% 0% 0% 14& 94% 99% 100% 100& total 201

The above data is for all decisions made in March 2012

Edited by tribalfusion001

Arik, Briish citizens cannot 'get the EEA permit' for their non EEA family to live in the UK, the non EEA family members have to apply under the UK immigration rules; unless they are all living together in another EEA state where the British citizen has been working or studying and are now returning to the UK.

This is not just a UK thing; it's in the EEA regulations. The same would apply for a French, German, Italian, whatever taking his/her non EEA family members to their homeland to live.

As I have already said, I have been in this position and know how stressful waiting for the decision can be, But take the long picture; you are preparing for a lifetime together. Although the wait (4 months) seemed an eternity at the time, looking back 12 years later it was nothing.

I know lifetime together. I am already to start planning Canada. Do you think somebody from Ubon would like the rocky Mountains. I'm scared of the Winters but there are good flight to BKK from Vancouver.

Finally, data for March, 8 week average, official.

Settlement Visas

2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days 0% 0% 0% 0% 14& 94% 99% 100% 100& total 201

The above data is for all decisions made in March 2012

Forgive me, my brain has stopped working! With 4 days holiday we who applied on 16th March have now endured 40 working days? True? So the wait is about over.

Other's experience in this is not an accurate guide. Enquiries into the applications can be made made.

The UKBA say up to 120 days for settlement as explained to you here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/thailand/processing-times/?langname=UK%20English#resultTableAnchor

Posting on this thread will not change the answer or give you accurate information for your case.