Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Update:

darrylcfc: submitted 23/2. Looking at past posts, appears this was an FLR application made inside the UK. Therefore will leave off future lists. If I'm wrong, darrylcfc, please say so.

jingjingna: submitted 12/3, passport received 16/5, visa issued.

retard: submitted 16/3, passport received 21/5, visa issued.

simmsc: submitted 16/3, passport received 23/5, visa issued.

chogiekim: submitted 16/3, passport received 23/5, visa issued.

dracos: submitted 19/3, passport received 21/5, visa issued..

rightontime: submitted 19/3, passport received 23/5, visa issued.

jessicanguyenself: submitted 26/3 in Hanoi, passport received 30/5, visa issued (extra 6 days to send passport back to Vietnam).

tribalfusion001: submitted 27/3, passport received 25/5, visa issued.

funkyronster: submitted 12/4, passport received 5/6, visa issued

farmerfred: submitted 16/4, passport received 1/6, visa issued.

arik: submitted 20/4, email received 7/6, processed and awaiting passport, result not yet known.

MaprangHolmes: submitted 29/5, still waiting.

100% success rate so far. To be honest, I'm not surprised. A UK settlement visa is not difficult to get as long as you meet the criteria and show that you do.

Arik, I'm not sure why you did not get an email last time; but getting one or not is no indication of the result.

100% success rate so far. To be honest, I'm not surprised. A UK settlement visa is not difficult to get as long as you meet the criteria and show that you do.

I have begun wondering why I didn't just go for it years ago! I suppose you mustn't marry until you're 100% sure it's what you want and not just for the sake of a visa..

Hi All, My wife applied for the UK Settlement Visa originally in May 2011 After 9 weeks

she was refused in July 2011 by the ECO it then went to review to the ECM followed

by an Appeal in the UK .The judge's written determination was received in Feb 2012 and the

Appeal was unsuccessful . She re-applied in April 2012 and has now been granted the UK Settlement Visa in June 2012.

We have been apart all this time and are very thankful for this outcome its taken a lot of patience

and determination but we finally got there i would like to thank all the members who gave their

kind input and advice and support in helping us both as it has been tough at times.

Good Luck to anyone else thats still waiting.

So a very Big Thank-you to all.thumbsup.gif POMCHOB

Hi All, My wife applied for the UK Settlement Visa originally in May 2011 After 9 weeks

she was refused in July 2011 by the ECO it then went to review to the ECM followed

by an Appeal in the UK .The judge's written determination was received in Feb 2012 and the

Appeal was unsuccessful . She re-applied in April 2012 and has now been granted the UK Settlement Visa in June 2012.

We have been apart all this time and are very thankful for this outcome its taken a lot of patience

and determination but we finally got there i would like to thank all the members who gave their

kind input and advice and support in helping us both as it has been tough at times.

Good Luck to anyone else thats still waiting.

So a very Big Thank-you to all.thumbsup.gif POMCHOB

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone here,

I submitted UK settlement visa on 8th of May and still in waiting. (And I know one of applicant who submitted on 3rd of May also stills in their waiting.)

I hope the waiting is over soon. I think it is going to be about 9-12 weeks.

Settlement visa submitted 18/05 - still waiting.

Anyone else submit an application around this time? Heard any news back?

I submitted mine on 25th June, 2012. Its says 'Application under assessment at Visa section'.

25/6/2012 Your visa application has been forwarded to the British embassy.

26/6/2012 Application under assessment at the visa section.

30/6/2012 Application under assessment at the visa section.

Edited by sanky001

Settlement visa submitted 25/06

Im hoping we get it back before september when the kids schooling would start.

Hi Jared,

Me too. On 25th. I believe my application has gone to Manila.

Sanky

Edited by sanky001

Still no news hoping around next week sometime that would be around 32 working days if I'm not correct fingers crossed will let you lot no as soon as.

Thanks mate. I appreciate it. I'm thinking the same as you, 32/33 working days (given what I've read on last few pages) - means Thursday or Friday.

Hi Everyone here,

I submitted UK settlement visa on 8th of May and still in waiting. (And I know one of applicant who submitted on 3rd of May also stills in their waiting.)

That's a long time! I hope you hear something soon. The average seems to be about 32 or 33 working days.

Hi Everyone here,

Did you or the person you know have anything that was different or not 'run of the mill' in your applications? Was there anything that would cause a delay in the decision being made? Having submitted our applications on 22 May it indicates that if your application was standard then we have about another 3 weeks or so to wait. That would be about 9 weeks, as you suggest.

Any ideas on what affect the rush of people getting their settlement applications in before the 9th, will have on visa waiting times? Hopefully they will have expected this and will increase man power accordingly.

Updates guys!

Applied online and submitted all docs on 25/06/2012.

1/7/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission (got a message today via SMS)

I am quite surprised to get this message on a Sunday. Do British High Commission work on Sunday too? Is it a good sign ?

Edited by sanky001

Any ideas on what affect the rush of people getting their settlement applications in before the 9th, will have on visa waiting times? Hopefully they will have expected this and will increase man power accordingly.

Sorry, Sheba, but they wont have done any such thing.

To be fair to them, the job of an ECO is not something you can call up your nearest temp agency and have them send a few people round for.

I believe my application has gone to Manila.

Why? Applications are dealt with in the country where they are submitted.

1/7/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission (got a message today via SMS)

There is no British High Commission in either Bangkok or Manila.

The UK only has High Commissions in other Commonwealth countries and vice versa.

What is the nationality of the applicant and where did you submit the application?

I believe my application has gone to Manila.

Why? Applications are dealt with in the country where they are submitted.

There is no British High Commission in either Bangkok or Manila.

The UK only has High Commissions in other Commonwealth countries and vice versa.

What is the nationality of the applicant and where did you submit the application?

Sent from my MT11i using Thaivisa Connect App

Appreciate ur reply 7by7.

Uk settlement Visa applications in Singapore are processed in Manila if Im not wrong.

Nationality is Indian n applied from Singapore.

Edited by sanky001

Got it.

I was confused as this is a topic about processing times in Bangkok.

I know 7by7.. I was a bit hesitant to post. Sorry for any confusion caused.

I presume, the processing time is almost same for Bangkok n Singapore right?

Im happy to share my application's processing time. However if u feels it wont help, plz lemme know n I shall stop posting.

Cheers!