Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

As said before; applications are processed in the order in which they are received. The only way to jump this queue is to have strong compassionate reasons for doing so. In my opinion, that is fair. I wonder what the reaction of posters such as chogiekim would be were they told that their application had to wait longer so that people who had applied after them but asked for an earlier travel date could have theirs processed first!

The visa will usually be dated from the date of travel the applicant put on their application or the date it is issued; whichever is the later.

If an applicant wants to make as sure as possible that they receive their visa in time to travel on a specific date then they should follow the advice which appears on all the official information and apply at least 12 weeks in advance of that date. Settlement is not a spur of the moment impulse, after all; couples do plan ahead for this; or should.

As said before; applications are processed in the order in which they are received. The only way to jump this queue is to have strong compassionate reasons for doing so. In my opinion, that is fair. I wonder what the reaction of posters such as chogiekim would be were they told that their application had to wait longer so that people who had applied after them but asked for an earlier travel date could have theirs processed first!

The visa will usually be dated from the date of travel the applicant put on their application or the date it is issued; whichever is the later.

If an applicant wants to make as sure as possible that they receive their visa in time to travel on a specific date then they should follow the advice which appears on all the official information and apply at least 12 weeks in advance of that date. Settlement is not a spur of the moment impulse, after all; couples do plan ahead for this; or should.

I put the date of travel as 26th March, forgot to amend the application form, application submitted 27th March!

7by7 you are the moderator on here. Surely you should not be picking my name out like that. You could of wrote that without using my name! When i wrote something the other day you were quite quick to point out that i should not be writing about someone's visa in the way i did. I quite frankly don't care who gets their visa,as long as i get mine!

What I did was point out to you that your suggesting that a member had used bribery to have their application processed quickly was defamatory and against the forum rules.

You want to jump the queue, so I asked how would you feel if you found out that your application was being delayed so that others could jump the queue ahead of you. A fair question, in my opinion, but if you feel that I am breaking forum rules, the 'report post' button is on the bottom left of each post.

8 weeks tomorrow for me. Last time my wife had a visa it was 4pm she got her sms.

We paid for sms before and they never sent one, visa was sitting in VFS for 10 days, that's why I check the website after 1.30pm, plus sms is sent to her phone not mine, she's at work and I'm sitting in the apartment!

I emailed the embassy and vfs. I got a reply from vfs and they needed me to tell them my partners ref number and other info. I passed it all on. They said they would look at my case. I told them i need to start my new job! Hopefully something works and i get a better reply with better info!

I emailed the embassy and vfs. I got a reply from vfs and they needed me to tell them my partners ref number and other info. I passed it all on. They said they would look at my case. I told them i need to start my new job! Hopefully something works and i get a better reply with better info!

I emailed VFS Thailand and UKBA Thailand on 25th April, it was regarding VFS saying 1 month to process, got replies from both, I'll pm them to you.

I already have ££££££££ sad.png

Edited by tribalfusion001

Nothing today, 31 working days so far.

An earlier reply suggested that they don't report until 1330, so there is still time today. Fingers crossed

That was me, I checked the VFS application checker at 13.32, thanks anyway.

I think the time difference is 6 hours.

they do say 12 weeks, so nobody has gone over that yet. if they are busy then they are busy

everyone should really expect it to take 12 week, then if it comes before its a bonus. instead of being gutted everyday wondering why it hasnt come yet

• Like 1

So don't tell me we will be waiting 8 weeks. We have tickets june 4th for the concert at Buckingham palace. Our first application took only 3 weeks 3 days. Applied Feb 22nd refused March 14th. ECO intials VCF. Yes and refused because my bank statement showed a closing balance of £0.00 on the 16th and I get paid on the 18th. I make 4 times more that the UK governement states a couple need to live on but they still refused on teh ground of no immediate availabe funds. Yes also own my own house in SE1 by Tower Bridge.

I should change my name to Retard I gues.

So don't tell me we will be waiting 8 weeks. We have tickets june 4th for the concert at Buckingham palace. Our first application took only 3 weeks 3 days. Applied Feb 22nd refused March 14th. ECO intials VCF. Yes and refused because my bank statement showed a closing balance of £0.00 on the 16th and I get paid on the 18th. I make 4 times more that the UK governement states a couple need to live on but they still refused on teh ground of no immediate availabe funds. Yes also own my own house in SE1 by Tower Bridge.

I should change my name to Retard I gues.

Was that the only refusal reason? Ours was refused on 15th March, submitted 15 February, applied again 27th March, when did you re-apply?

A zero bank balance will not necessarily result in a refusal if sufficient statements (I recommend 6 months worth) are submitted to show a regular and sufficient flow of funds into and out of the account. Other than that it is impossible to comment without knowing the exact wording of the refusal notice.

I am reminded of posts a few years ago from a memeber who was irate that his wife had been refused on financial grounds when he had several bank accounts each with several thousand pounds in them. Unfortunately he had only submitted statements for his current account which showed him to be continuously overdrawn! Even that would not have been a problem had he also submitted a letter from his bank confirming that the overdraft was authorised and being serviced to the bank's satisfaction; which he didn't.

ECOs are not mind readers, they can only judge an application on the evidence submitted. I remember a once prominent member here who used to be an ECO saying that on average an ECO has about 5 minutes to look at assess, and decide upon each application. Make it easy for them, provide the evidence they need.

Usually at this stage someone says "All they had to do was contact me and ask for the extra information!" Forgetting that if they did that for every case where documents are missing then it would take longer for each application to be processed resulting in longer waiting times for all.

• Like 2

8 weeks tomorrow for me. Last time my wife had a visa it was 4pm she got her sms.

We paid for sms before and they never sent one, visa was sitting in VFS for 10 days, that's why I check the website after 1.30pm, plus sms is sent to her phone not mine, she's at work and I'm sitting in the apartment!

sms never work they text you 2 weeks later after they receive the results.

A zero bank balance will not necessarily result in a refusal if sufficient statements (I recommend 6 months worth) are submitted to show a regular and sufficient flow of funds into and out of the account. Other than that it is impossible to comment without knowing the exact wording of the refusal notice.

I am reminded of posts a few years ago from a memeber who was irate that his wife had been refused on financial grounds when he had several bank accounts each with several thousand pounds in them. Unfortunately he had only submitted statements for his current account which showed him to be continuously overdrawn! Even that would not have been a problem had he also submitted a letter from his bank confirming that the overdraft was authorised and being serviced to the bank's satisfaction; which he didn't.

ECOs are not mind readers, they can only judge an application on the evidence submitted. I remember a once prominent member here who used to be an ECO saying that on average an ECO has about 5 minutes to look at assess, and decide upon each application. Make it easy for them, provide the evidence they need.

Usually at this stage someone says "All they had to do was contact me and ask for the extra information!" Forgetting that if they did that for every case where documents are missing then it would take longer for each application to be processed resulting in longer waiting times for all.

I showed six months of bank statements and and yes a incoming income of over £3000 every month. They need to see immediate available funds. You need to tell everybody they must show this. Even if you show a few hundred pound in your account at the last entry they would grant it. Bangkok is clearly are more awkward embassy compared with Nigeria and Jamaica. they are also taking a lot longer to process applications.

Maybe some of our MP's need to get off of the back legs, and sort this out. All they are doing is taking taxes from us transferring it from several civil servants to government and back to civil servants.

Settlement visas, Because they are family should be a priority. they should be completed before any visitors visa's

Bangkok is clearly are more awkward embassy compared with Nigeria and Jamaica. they are also taking a lot longer to process applications.

I don't know how you back either of those statements up; Bangkok has one of the highest issue rates in the world; over 90% for settlement.

The latest available figures (Feb) show that not only did Bangkok have more settlement applications than Kingston or any of the three posts in Nigeria, they also issued them more quickly than any of these!

I am not here to defend ECOs or the UKBA; search through my posts and you will find that where warranted I am as critical of them as anyone.

However, I do want people to be realistic; the advice says allow 12 weeks, so allow 12 weeks!

As said, I cannot comment on a specific refusal, yours, without knowing exactly what the refusal notice says.

They say you can wait up to 12 weeks. Not you have to wait 12 weeks I thought! Anyway,do any of you guys applying have kids? I'm just thinking hopefully by applying for this visa for my wife and having a 2 year old daughter who has a British passport should hopefully be a good reason together the visa. They probably refuse people,but how could they refuse someone that has kids and want to start their life in the uk? Can you imagine if I get refused,what do I do next? How can someone stop a family going back to their own country?? That would be crazy!

They say you can wait up to 12 weeks. Not you have to wait 12 weeks I thought! Anyway,do any of you guys applying have kids? I'm just thinking hopefully by applying for this visa for my wife and having a 2 year old daughter who has a British passport should hopefully be a good reason together the visa. They probably refuse people,but how could they refuse someone that has kids and want to start their life in the uk? Can you imagine if I get refused,what do I do next? How can someone stop a family going back to their own country?? That would be crazy!

I applied from 26th of march and i have a 3 and half years old daughter who has a british passport and still not heard nothing from them :) . Luckily we are not in a hurry like most of you guys here because we wont be leaving untill june plus i have a 10 years family visit visa so regardless of my visa status i will just go to england on the intended date

So don't tell me we will be waiting 8 weeks. We have tickets june 4th for the concert at Buckingham palace. Our first application took only 3 weeks 3 days. Applied Feb 22nd refused March 14th. ECO intials VCF. Yes and refused because my bank statement showed a closing balance of £0.00 on the 16th and I get paid on the 18th. I make 4 times more that the UK government states a couple need to live on but they still refused on the ground of no immediate available funds. Yes also own my own house in SE1 by Tower Bridge.

I should change my name to Retard I guess.

Was that the only refusal reason? Ours was refused on 15th March, submitted 15 February, applied again 27th March, when did you re-apply?

Yes the only reason. the solicitor in London was surprised. I think if I had £500 in my bank they would of passed it.You think they could see I get paid every 18th and my partner had a job offer. Yeah I have been watching your for awhile. We replied on April 20th so I was hoping it would be another 4 weeks. My friends from got their visa in 3 weeks and another friend from Jamaica in 30 days.