Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Can someone tell me what the assessors consider to be sufficient income to support my Thai wife ( no kids) without depending upon the state?

I read it was something like GBP 71.00 per week but someone pls correct me, if I am wrong.

We replied on April 20th so I was hoping it would be another 4 weeks. My friends from got their visa in 3 weeks and another friend from Jamaica in 30 days.

We have waiting for 7 weeks since the 27th March and 32 working days so far, others on here have been waiting since 12th and 16th March. Embassy is shut on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th June, I doubt you will get it by Friday 1st June, unless they process everything very quickly.

Edited by tribalfusion001

Am not a new member to the site. But would like to add to the thread.

To the OP. Hope your second application is approved.

And likewise, to those others in the chain

simmsc 16th march

retard 16th march

chogiekim 16th march

jingjingna 12th march

Our first (spouse settlement visa) was dispatched by VFS the 19th March. No word back.

Married ten years. Two children. Self-Employed. Minimal Outgoings. But am not confident.

Two months in the wait now.

• Like 1

Am not a new member to the site. But would like to add to the thread.

To the OP. Hope your second application is approved.

And likewise, to those others in the chain

simmsc 16th march

retard 16th march

chogiekim 16th march

jingjingna 12th march

Our first (spouse settlement visa) was dispatched by VFS the 19th March. No word back.

Married ten years. Two children. Self-Employed. Minimal Outgoings. But am not confident.

Two months in the wait now.

On this and on another forum, I've counted 12 applications forwarded between 12/03 and 27/03, mine included and nothing has been processed.

To farmerfred.

Checked Eva air direct flights and prices. Remember doing it a month ago.

Can't recall them being cheap though. At present, can't access eva quotes.

For direct flights as current, British Airways and Ethiad Airlines are cheap.

83,500 Baht for two adults and two children with both (Ethiad - 1,000 baht)

Expect these fair quotes to continue through until end May, June and July.

Even so, need the all important visa first. Avoid Jet Airways through Mumbai?

I heard to support your partner it's 105 pound a week.

That seems a bit more realistic. So I guess if my income exceeds 210 pounds a week ( 2 x 105)it would be enough. I came back to the UK a few weeks ago after several years in Thailand and was amazed at how much things cost here now. I think it would be difficult to survive on less than 300 per week and enjoy a reasonable quality of life.

I heard to support your partner it's 105 pound a week.

It depends on the age, single or married, children etc. This is from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_200634

Income Support

Personal allowances 2011-12 2012-13 single - under 25 (or lone parent under 18) £53.45 £56.25 single - 25 or over (or lone parent 18 or over) £67.50 £71.00 couple - both under 18 £53.45 £56.25 couple - both under 18 (higher rate) £80.75 £84.95 couple - one under 18, one under 25 £53.45 £56.25 couple - one under 18, one 25 or over £67.50 £71.00 couple - both 18 or over £105.95 £111.45 dependent children £62.33 £64.99

This is quite interesting, New York consulate has updated their processing figures upto 14th May 2012.

http://ukinusa.fco.g...news/ukba-news/

Processing times

Current visa application processing times for the New York hub as at 14 May 2012:

Visit visas…………………………………...............12 days

Settlement visas……………………………………...12 days

Tier 4 Student visas………………………………….12 days

All other visa types…………………………………..12 days

Priority Service applications…………….…........48 hours

This is for February, USA processing time for UK settlement visas, they had more applications and processed them faster.! Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made Settlement 49% 61% 75% 90% 93% 98% 99% 100% 100% 229

Even so, need the all important visa first. Avoid Jet Airways through Mumbai?

i took this flight with my thai gf last time we went england. they was funny with her about her UK visa, checking if it was fake and asking her why she was going and who with etc. broke both my laptops throwing my bags! (one each way) so. avoid!

I pulled this from last years waiting times on this forum, processing time 7 to 8 weeks. Applications submitted in March 41 to 44 days, there were 10 public holidays during April and May that the Embassy took off, this year there were 4 holidays in April and May, I would assume that holidays are included in working week/days, some of you may have an answer this week. They are taking are taking longer though, more holidays last year and faster processing times.

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 days, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 days, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 days, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

I really don't know what my next move will be!

If they count holidays in their working days/weeks, then yours should be coming soon, I hope I'm right, I've spent hours researching this!

it will be done when its done. you not gone past 12 weeks so chill out and try not to worry so much. i knwo you want her visa but you are only winding yourself up

a post above says that 100 athletes arrived from thailand, you got physio's, trainers, nutrionists and god knows who else coming with them. thats alot of people all applying for visa's for a world event.

you gonna get put on the back burner till they are done, they have been done now. olympics was bound to get priority over all other visa's.

i hope you get the visa because i cant read another thread of you going on ha ha ha im joking! i do hope you get it tho

Can someone tell me what the assessors consider to be sufficient income to support my Thai wife ( no kids) without depending upon the state?

As above the current "guide" is based on income support which for a couple is £105.95 per week. However, they will look at the bigger picture so you'd have to show that your income outweighs the outgoings. I included a breakdown of my finances in the supporting documents folder showing all my essential direct debits (mortgage, council tax, utilities etc) and showed sufficient funds remaining after major outgoings. Also make sure bank statements match what is explained in the financial info

A solicitor here in Peckham with lot experience. Said, You need to show that your income is above £105 per week.After your rent/mortgage and council tax has been paid. The UK government states if your signing on you can afford to live in £105 per week per couple.

I really don't know what my next move will be!

If they count holidays in their working days/weeks, then yours should be coming soon, I hope I'm right, I've spent hours researching this!

it will be done when its done. you not gone past 12 weeks so chill out and try not to worry so much. i knwo you want her visa but you are only winding yourself up

It's not your money that being spent staying in Thailand, visa runs, apartments, food, drink, visa fees etc, we are entitled to wind ourselves up!

I hope so,but i'm starting to panic a bit! They are fuc_king useless! pardon my french!

I hope we can all meet up sometime in England it would be a scream. I have a plan for when my partners visa comes through. I will share that with you at a later date!

June 24th is a big Thai Sunday with food and boxing and Lady boys in Epsom. Remember my partners came here last October in London to have a civil partnership. that was fine went back to BKK to get the settlement visa and then was turn down for no immediate funds available. So it shows you they only look at the papers in from of them. (no wander I had no fund available after the bloody wedding and all the flight and visa)

Bangkok is clearly are more awkward embassy compared with Nigeria and Jamaica. they are also taking a lot longer to process applications.

I don't know how you back either of those statements up; Bangkok has one of the highest issue rates in the world; over 90% for settlement.

The latest available figures (Feb) show that not only did Bangkok have more settlement applications than Kingston or any of the three posts in Nigeria, they also issued them more quickly than any of these!

I am not here to defend ECOs or the UKBA; search through my posts and you will find that where warranted I am as critical of them as anyone.

However, I do want people to be realistic; the advice says allow 12 weeks, so allow 12 weeks!

As said, I cannot comment on a specific refusal, yours, without knowing exactly what the refusal notice says.

Nigeria had maybe 5 settlement visas less the BKK in Feb how can you say BKK is 90% I have not even look at India yet.

Dear tribalfusion001 - Just reading your entries makes me proud of the UKBA. You've got no chance (relying on your parents? give me a break)

Two other people who are waiting on settlements visas have included 3rd party support and have either supplied job offers or self employed jobs that they will be doing in the UK, both are based in Thailand. Seeing as an ex UKBA employee advised me that 3rd party support is acceptable with job offers for my wife and myself. Would like to explain with your wealth of knowledge of immigration rules and guidelines why you think it will be refused?