Prices Of Food And Essential Goods Not Soaring: PM Yingluck

webfact

Flaming people is not the topic either.

This is the post where you went off topic.

Prices Of Food And Essential Goods Not Soaring: PM Yingluck

Yes they are, bubblehead.

No they aren't, nitwit.

The above is a classic example of a flame and a reply to a flame. I hated to do it. But any thread that has the name Yingluck is 90% flames with no substance.

I have to agree with you. I was posting an illustration. Bubble head vs nitwit. I was trying to give an example. I did say I was sorry and hated to do it. You don't think it's OK to post a flame as an example? Because I don't think the other poster realized what he was doing.

If you have an issue with any particular post, simply click on the "Report" link to inform a moderator.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who died and made you a moderator?

I don't think any reasonable person would debate your post was a criticism of me. I might also add that your post was 100% criticism of me. See now that is where the problem comes in. You may be accurate. You may be 100% correct, But that still is a flame and has nothing to do with the topic which is "Prices of Food and Essential goods not soaring." So even if you are correct that is against the rules and has nothing to do with the discussion of the issue.

I sympathize with you. There are people who I disagree with too. But I don't attack the person attack; what the person says. So what did I say that was in disagreement with something you said?

It was a reasonable question to a poster taking on the duties of deciding what is on and off topic. It was not a personal attack, or on anything you said, because you say little but "off topic" in the posts quoted. On the left is below each post is a "report" button, which allows you to inform moderators if you think the thread is drifting.

BTW flaming is the abuse of other posters. Criticism of the subject is neither flaming, nor off topic.

Me being a moderator is not the subject of this thread that is a criticism of me. Flame, " This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger." I would love to debate the subject with you. Calling me a mod is not the subject. I have no idea what post you are talking about. I have no idea what I said to you. If you want to reference any of my posts to you feel free.

You're still struggling with the concept addressed in the other thread.

Try and have a re-read of the earlier post over there that explained it.

Alternatively, hyperdimension's post above is also a recommended action.

I call 70km to the nearest Tesco a tad beyond local.

Give me your GPS location. I am sure I can find a Tesco Market (not the hyperstore) within 10 km. They both sell at the same price. No rip off, especially on Farang.

10° 5'12.16"N

98° 42'44.23"E

And for me

N16.03.815

E 99.18.798

Same here, from our "country-house we have 80km to Big C or Lotus in Chaiyaphum.

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry5284547

You are correct. As I read your reference it says it is OK to Flame Yingluck but not other posters because she is famous. Is that correct?

Edited by kerryk

Who died and made you a moderator?

I don't think any reasonable person would debate your post was a criticism of me. I might also add that your post was 100% criticism of me. See now that is where the problem comes in. You may be accurate. You may be 100% correct, But that still is a flame and has nothing to do with the topic which is "Prices of Food and Essential goods not soaring." So even if you are correct that is against the rules and has nothing to do with the discussion of the issue.

I sympathize with you. There are people who I disagree with too. But I don't attack the person attack; what the person says. So what did I say that was in disagreement with something you said?

It was a reasonable question to a poster taking on the duties of deciding what is on and off topic. It was not a personal attack, or on anything you said, because you say little but "off topic" in the posts quoted. On the left is below each post is a "report" button, which allows you to inform moderators if you think the thread is drifting.

BTW flaming is the abuse of other posters. Criticism of the subject is neither flaming, nor off topic.

Me being a moderator is not the subject of this thread that is a criticism of me. Flame, " This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger." I would love to debate the subject with you. Calling me a mod is not the subject. I have no idea what post you are talking about. I have no idea what I said to you. If you want to reference any of my posts to you feel free.

If you're so sensative and offended by everything, then why do you keep loggin in and posting?

Fact is she lies and makes claims which are factually not true (not ALL her fault, being around chalerm has that effect).

Edited by gemini81

You are correct. As I read your reference it says it is OK to Flame Yingluck but not other posters because she is famous. Is that correct?

Nope, still don't have it quite right yet.

Public officials by virtue of their position are susceptible.

ALL members, famous and otherwise, are protected by a number of forum rules, including the # 1 rule.

Edited by Buchholz

ALL members, famous and otherwise, are protected by a number of forum rules, including the # 1 rule.

I don't know if I really understand. Rule one says respect fellow members. But Yingluck is not a member so we can flame her? For example there is another new thread today about PM Yingluck faces joint push on money laundering laws and one poster writes “Why not have an arsonist as head-librarian.” His post has nothing to do with the topic. It is just a stupid flame implying the PM burns books or is a thief or something like that.

So if I post that he is off topic, I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by kerryk

I don't know if I really understand. Rule one says respect fellow members. But Yingluck is not a member so we can flame her? For example there is another new thread today about PM Yingluck faces joint push on money laundering laws and one poster writes “Why not have an arsonist as head-librarian.” His post has nothing to do with the topic. It is just a stupid flame implying the PM burns books or is a thief or something like that.

So if I post that he is off topic, I'm doing something wrong?

At this point, I think we've probably already carried it far enough as we're broaching Forum Rule 21. So beyond what has already been said, for any further discussion you should conform to its guidelines:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

At this point, I think we've probably already carried it far enough as we're broaching Forum Rule 21. So beyond what has already been said, for any further discussion you should conform to its guidelines:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Wow.

How does my font look anyway?

I think the only way to show how it appears is to do a screen capture of how it appears when a reply is being made to it.

If you use the default size, color, and font... no code is visible surrounding the text.

As you can see from the screen capture of this post, the code selected is visible and indicates the default size has been altered so that it will now appear different than the default.

screencapture0.png

Now, on this other earlier post that garnered attention even more, you can see from the screen capture that your post had codes entered that altered not only the size of the text, but also the text color and text font.

screencapture1.png

If you are not entering the code changes yourself, then I would strongly suggest taking the issue to Forum Support and ask why it is occurring and how to resolve it (reference this post in your inquiry).... but it is occurring and your posts are not using the default size, color, and font.

Edited by Buchholz

Wow.

It looks as if written in rainbow colors or tie die and the calligraphy font goes from small to large. The naked ladies are a nice touch though.