S2 Upgraded To 4.0.3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problems for me getting the I9100T file using CheckFusDownloader.

I get an error #20 using the command line version and a long error pops up using the gui. I have tried on 2 different computers.

I will keep trying...

As for the root interfering with keis... the phone was not rooted when I bought it and it never would work with keis so 100% that is not the issue.

Thank you for offering ideas to solve the issue.

as for check fus downloader.. here is what I see whan I use the gui version

post-32036-0-81652300-1337669770_thumb.j

then after a few minutes of it being stuck on this screen I get

post-32036-0-36182300-1337669787_thumb.j

The command liner version does a similar thing and then gives me an error #20.

Edited by Jayman

I was able to get the file to download by forcing the non gui downloader to use a tor connection. It seems that TRUE was blocking the direct access to the download location. Very odd but now I have jumped around it.

ICS now available for Galaxy Note in Thailand. Downloading at this moment.

Not available on Kies here. I bought my Galaxy Note in Hong Kong. Hmm...

Any idea why I don't get my ICS update? I am on AIS.

Here is my Kies screen shot:

post-128-0-23533100-1337694238_thumb.png

My Notes firmware is different from Georges (I don't know how to attach the screen shot, sorry).

Current/latest firmware version is: PDA:LA6/Phone:LA4/CSC:LA1 (XEU)

If I can't sort it out, I might go visit the Samsung service center later this week.

I am not at all impressed with Kies...

I used the check fus downloader and found

Product Code: GT-N7000ZBATHL

Latest firmware: N7000DXLP9/N7000OLBLP6/N7000DXLP5/N7000DXLP9

Modified: 5/14/2012 19:56:56

for your phone.. If you need info on how to do the update outside of Kies just let me know.

As of today Samsung has not yet released an ICS upgrade for your firmware model (TGY = Hong Kong). It should show up via KiES over the next few days.

My Notes firmware is different from Georges (I don't know how to attach the screen shot, sorry).

If I can't sort it out, I might go visit the Samsung service center later this week.

Can you go into Settings, About phone, Baseband version - and share it here. I can't find XEU.

Can you go into Settings, About phone, Baseband version - and share it here. I can't find XEU.

Never mind, I found it. United Kingdom/Ireland. Still no ICS update published for your Note. Sit tight or flash another version?

Current latest firmware available for XEU, believe this is a 2.3.6 release.

Product Code: GT-N7000ZBAXEU

Latest firmware: N7000XXLA6/N7000XEULA1/N7000XXLA4/N7000XXLA6

Modified: 2/3/2012 4:27:45 PM

Filename: GT-N7000_XEU_1_20120203162726.zip.enc2

Never mind, I found it. United Kingdom/Ireland. Still no ICS update published for your Note. Sit tight or flash another version?

Current latest firmware available for XEU, believe this is a 2.3.6 release.

Product Code: GT-N7000ZBAXEU

Latest firmware: N7000XXLA6/N7000XEULA1/N7000XXLA4/N7000XXLA6

Modified: 2/3/2012 4:27:45 PM

Filename: GT-N7000_XEU_1_20120203162726.zip.enc2

Thanks for you kind help Lomatopo, but but you are trying to help a novice, I am a user only he-he.

Baseband version is: N7000XXLA4 and there was a huge update yesterday and its 2.3.6. The phone was updating for a long time and did a reboot but can't really see any difference from before.

I will just sit tight for now and hopefully the ICS will come by itself.

If nothing within 2 weeks I will go to Samsung service center and ask them.

Thanks again.wai.gif

Anyone rooted their ICS S2 yet? I would consider the upgrade only if I can get it rooted again without the ugly yellow triangle.

yes ,use chainfires triangle away APP

it worked perfectly for me and re-set the boot loader from about 27 back to zero because i used to flash roms often

it can be downloaded from xda for free but if you can afford ,you should pay a dollar and download it from the market and support

the developer so he can keep his work up to date

Anyone rooted their ICS S2 yet? I would consider the upgrade only if I can get it rooted again without the ugly yellow triangle.

For a dollar I had a jig shipped to me here in Thailand from china from a seller on Ebay.

I was actually going to just make one myself but the parts here in Thailand would have cost me more than buying it completed from China. Of course I had to wait a few weeks for it to get here. It certainly looks alot nicer than the hatchet job I would have done.

For a dollar I had a jig shipped to me here in Thailand from china from a seller on Ebay.

Does the jig really remove the Yellow Triangle, and reset the counter, after updating to 4.0.x? I know it worked for 2.3.x, but on a rooted stock SGS2 4.0.x unit it merely re-boots into recovery. At least that's been my experience to date.

I am familiar with "Triangle Away". http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Does the jig really remove the Yellow Triangle, and reset the counter, after updating to 4.0.x? I know it worked for 2.3.x, but on a rooted stock SGS2 4.0.x unit it merely re-boots into recovery. At least that's been my experience to date.

I am familiar with "Triangle Away". http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1494114

It does but you might have to load an older bootloader for it to work as the newer bootloader doesn't reset the counter with the jig. There is no problem loading an older bootloader as it seems the only difference was to block the jib from working.

Even chainfire says that using a jig is recommended over using his Triangle Away app.

well, if I use Kies I wouldn't get a triangle when upgrading, would I? (even if my phone is rooted)

After you upgrade from 2.3.x (un-rooted or rooted) to 4.0.x using official Samsung firmware your phone will be un-rooted. If you re-root it, after upgrading to 4.0.x then the Yellow Triangle will appear

Did anyone rooted their ICS GS2 yet?

Not my phone, but yes I did re-root an SGS2 for a friend after upgrading from 2.3.x to 4.0.x. The Yellow Triangle now displays on boot. (I rooted it so I could back up all the apps. using Titanium Back-up.)

well, if I use Kies I wouldn't get a triangle when upgrading, would I? (even if my phone is rooted)

After you upgrade from 2.3.x (un-rooted or rooted) to 4.0.x using official Samsung firmware your phone will be un-rooted. If you re-root it, after upgrading to 4.0.x then the Yellow Triangle will appear

Not my phone, but yes I did re-root an SGS2 for a friend after upgrading from 2.3.x to 4.0.x. The Yellow Triangle now displays on boot. (I rooted it so I could back up all the apps. using Titanium Back-up.)

Thanks for the info.

Any ideas why the triangle will appear after rooting? I thought the triangle would pop up if you flash the custom rom. I rooted my GB S2 and there was no triangle. Is it something new with this new ICS OS?

Thanks for the info.

Any ideas why the triangle will appear after rooting? I thought the triangle would pop up if you flash the custom rom. I rooted my GB S2 and there was no triangle. Is it something new with this new ICS OS?

For me rooting involved flashing a rooted kernel. Any time you flash a non stock kernel the counter increases and the triangle appears. Of course I found it very easy to remove with my jig (even on ICS)

This sounds good so far. What about all the bloatware that was on my phone before I rooted it? Will it come back with this update?

Actually I bought my phone in Singapore so if I downloaded Thai ICS update would I get Thai version of bloatware?

Anyone had any compatibility issues with their Apps? Out of a hundred of apps I have installed, a few are too important to loose (even if I loose just the functionality).

You are so lucky. Last november, I made the mistake of buying a Motorola razr hd. What a big mistake.

They promised an unlocked boot loader and ICS within 3-4 months, but so far, they have not delivered. Besides, having a slim body, everything else is inferior to the S2. I can't wait to get the new S3 next month.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

You are so lucky. Last november, I made the mistake of buying a Motorola razr hd. What a big mistake.

They promised an unlocked boot loader and ICS within 3-4 months, but so far, they have not delivered. Besides, having a slim body, everything else is inferior to the S2. I can't wait to get the new S3 next month.

build quality is probably better on the Motorola Razr HD but thats very subjective

it certaintly "feels" stronger built than my GS2 and Gnex do

The top right section of my razr hd became loose after 2 months of use. I never dropped it. After reading several different forums on the net, I discovered that I am not the only one. Whenever I touch that part of the phone, I can hear a slight creeking sound. I must say that I like the kevlar back though.

Just installed the Kies,

It checked for the update and showed me this:

post-111234-0-78353700-1338718340_thumb.

What kind of update is this one? How do I know if it's ICS or just GB of a later build (mine is 2.3.3)?

I know nothing about kies but doesn't sin stand foe Singapore?