Project Management Courses

Basically am looking to get a certification as a Project Manager, to help in applying for various other jobs.

I was a Project Manager for a large Telecom player in Europe and helped build a Country wide network. I had no training or anything just stuck in at the deep end.

Now am looking to get back into the contracting network and seem to find that jobs want a certification like Prince 2 or PMP, I don't think I could do PMP as have not really done any project work for a very long time, so maybe CAPM is an alternative to get some credentials.

Does anyone know if I can get this done in Thailand, and if so any contacts, also am I on the correct track?

Thanks for any advice good or bad

Go to PMI website. Sign up (and pay) and they will send you a book to study from. They ask a lot of CV type questions and you will need to prove that you have been involved in PM for a certain number of hours. Take a test via computer in a certified testing centre in Bangkok. My friend did it last year and was happy.

Because I do not have the correct requirements for the PMP certificate, I have decided to look at Prince2 Foundation and Practioner courses, they seem to be for 5 days and cost around 65,000baht.

Anyone done Prince2 in Thailand?