Opera Browser - Two New Problems

maidu

FIRST PROBLEM: an unwanted page loads on start-up, every time. it's http://th.v9.com

It started happening right after some techies messed with my computer. They were from TOT and were configuring the modem I use. I wasn't looking over their shoulder, so I don't know if/why they might have programmed my browser to automatically pull up that search page.

SECOND PROBLEM: Also just started happening after the TOT techies left: I can't get an address bar on my Opera browser. When I go to 'view' and click on 'toolbars' and then 'address bar' it only gives me a google search bar. It does no good to try and call TOT, as they never answer - and even if they did, they wouldn't understand what I'm trying to convey.

I've been liking Opera for awhile, but now, if these 2 problems don't get fixed, I'll opt for another browser.

I've written twice to Opera support, but no response. Plus, the online support URL's are too convoluted for me, so I'm trying here on T.Visa.

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks.

I'd copy my bookmarks, note my settings, then delete opera from my computer and download/reinstall.

I'm a big fan of Opera......use it with TOT adsl no problems. I'd say the problem is not opera...the problem is whatever the TOT techs did to your settings.

1) various complaints about v9....google how to remove it...not difficult.................. 2) have you tried Appearance>toolbars > tick 'Address Bar' box........good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try what you'all suggested.

Yesterday, I downloaded Google's browser (Chrome), it seems ok, but already noticed a glitch I don't like: When I attempt to comment on an article (or letter to editor) at the Nation newspaper site, the browser won't allow me to post the comment without automatically also posting on Facebook. I don't want to concurrently post on Facebook. In contrast, in Opera browser, there's no such restriction.

I took

I'd copy my bookmarks, note my settings, then delete opera from my computer and download/reinstall.

I'm a big fan of Opera......use it with TOT adsl no problems. I'd say the problem is not opera...the problem is whatever the TOT techs did to your settings.

I'm taking your advice. I removed Opera. Yet, when doing the removal thing, I noticed V9 was in my list of programs? So I tried to remove that also, but got a strange error message on Chrome (the browser I'm now using to do these things). So then I did a search for any files with the letters V9 in it, and found the program, and deleted it.

This could be a heads-up to others reading this. Look in your programs list, and see whether you might have V9 in there. If so, delete it, as it's a problem file.

I plan to now re-load Opera, and hope all's well.