Govt Set To Make Thailand Largest Food Trade Hub In Asia

webfact

"With the exception of rice........"

I wonder why? My old Dad would say that the Shinawatra's have "sexy" fingers - everything they touch ends up "no longer operational", but not in those words.

I was going to ask the same thing. With all the rice that the government have got stockpiled, why won't there be growth in the rice trade?

Well that would require a little common sense now wouldn't it. whistling.gif

They think that because they have so munch the world is willing to pay them more for it than they pay in India or Viet Nam.wai.gif

"With the exception of rice........"

I wonder why? My old Dad would say that the Shinawatra's have "sexy" fingers - everything they touch ends up "no longer operational", but not in those words.

I was going to ask the same thing. With all the rice that the government have got stockpiled, why won't there be growth in the rice trade?

Because once the 'Kitchen to the World' (sic) has exported all it's food abroad rice will be the only thing left for the Thai people to eat.

If they can afford it.

The only real hubs that Thailand can claim a trophy for is that of prostitution and corruption.

Don't know for sure where they are for prostitution.

But I do know there is roughly 110 countries worse than them and about 80 less corrupt.

You really should get out more.

Food surpluses are Thailand's only saving grace; this is their only negotiating chip.. Thaksin's attempt to convince the Swedish government to sell Saab fighter planes to Thailand, is a perfect illustration of the local mindset. While Thais are figuring out why they don't sell rice at the inflated prices they attempted to set, the rest of the world will be developing future quasi-colonies. China LOVES Thailand. Ignorance is a wonderful market-oriented strategy: Thais pay more for many products (tangible and intangible) that are featured for much cheaper in other countries. Especially if you can convince them that the product is exclusive, the locals will spend way more than they should for a sub=standard product.

They are "all set," they are "aiming," they are blustering and puffing. It's a certainty that they are "beefing up" all their food industry standards, and health regulations, as well as safety. For sure, the large oil companies have complied with serious gulf shrimp sanitation.

The only real hubs that Thailand can claim a trophy for is that of prostitution and corruption.

Don't know for sure where they are for prostitution.

But I do know there is roughly 110 countries worse than them and about 80 less corrupt.

You really should get out more.

Same old Thai apologist with his head up his arse . Boring ...