Football Factory - The Movie

britmaveric

Anyone catch the Football Factory? (stumbled upon this on dvd) Absolutely brilliant and hate to say I laffed - ultraviolent.

Synopsis- The Football Factory is more than just a study of the English obsession with football violence, its about men looking for armies to join, wars to fight and places to belong. A forgotten culture of Anglo Saxon males fed up with being told they're not good enough and using their fists as a drug they describe as being more potent than sex and drugs put together. Shot in documentery style with the energy and vibrancy of handheld, The Football Factory is frightingly real yet full of painful humour as the four characters extreme thoughts and actions unfold before us.

I'm waiting to see Green Street.

there was some similar recent Thai movie, although not about football but about street hooligans and violence - Dek Dane. anyone watched it yet? it was in the cinemas at the same time or a bit earlier than Gren street ....

BTW - where to find FF DVD ?

As football hooligan movies go, the Football Factory wasn't too bad. It does show how outdated the plot of this movie is, when the highlight of the Chelsea hooligan's season is drawing Millwall away in the FA Cup. Obviously well before the Russian billionaire came to town.

Still haven't see Green St yet. Somehow the thought of Elijah Wood being a 'soccer hooligan' doesn't seem right. :o

Green street is the biggest pile of toss i've ever seen. Frodo wouldn't last five seconds in the real football hooligan world, terrible casting I thought. And the <deleted> leading the gang was just as unconvincing, he might lead a school gang, but not a hard core ultraviolent football gang.

I can't believe any brits who regulary go to footy matches could find this in anyway convincing.

Football Factory, ID, two class films.

Green Street - Toss

Football Factory is passable - not bad at all. They used blokes from Firms as extras for the big fight scenes - recognised some faces from Chelsea and Cardiff !

Green Street is just awful from start to finish - but if you want comedy value just listen to the main characters "Dick Van Dyke" London accents. Rubbish.

The only redeeming factor for Green Street is it is filmed on my manor - Brentford. Love it. But still rubbish !

Haven't seen Goal - but parts of it were also filmed in Brentford. Is TW8 the new Hollywood ?

Green street is the biggest pile of toss i've ever seen. 

I'd have to agree with that. Never mind the accents or the acting, the whole story was just so far from reality.

I read this article recently about the attraction of Green Street to Americans and their own sports hooligans - never knew about any of that before:

Blinkered America is already among the thugs

Green street is the biggest pile of toss i've ever seen. 

I'd have to agree with that. Never mind the accents or the acting, the whole story was just so far from reality.

I read this article recently about the attraction of Green Street to Americans and their own sports hooligans - never knew about any of that before:

Blinkered America is already among the thugs

Interesting reading, but not very realistic.

There is plenty of violence in the US, but very few "sports hooligans". This guy turned his back on reality in order to write a sensational story. :o

From my astute observations there are no yank hooligans per say - normally after a big win the fans like to riot, destroy property, burn things down, and overturn their motors in their own neighbourhood. It always amazed me why one gets joy out of wrecking their own livelhood. :o

Saw 'The 51st State' last night again. Loved it when Liverpool shirt wearing Robert Carlye walked into the Man United Pub.Bril.

51st state is the biggest load of pish I've seen for a long time. Got all excited at the thought of Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Carlyle together but what a disappointment. Nothing but a poor man's Lock Stock or Snatch!

Football Factory was superb, despite the fact that we should all take the attitude of "this is not acceptable behaviour chaps!" - Tee, hee.

Can't help but enjoy a good old fashioned punch up though. Far better than the gun-toting tosh we get served up from Hollywood.

PS: Chelsea could NEVER take Tottenham...!!!

sorry for my ignorant !!

at first i read from the topic, i did not think much , maybe its just about the factory who produce ball !! :D

i rent the movie dvd from tsutaya by accident ..

i like it...(even it has many f-ck swear word lol)

good hulican's story

nice brit accent (cute one i love it)

should i follow rugby at the end?? lol :o:D